MAYBE THIS HUG

Lipstick Stain

Yesterday was a shock for the girls as they once again put into some kind of a training. This time focusing on their emotions. Which everyone thought was hard for them, but eventually figured out that it is indeed a good idea for them. Their sentiments about the task changed after long minutes of discussions about the possible activities they can do and how they would make use of this free time. 

FLASHBACK 

"I am actually getting hyped up about this whole "emotion journey"!" Yuju finally loving the idea. 

SinB who was sitting across her on the floor mumbled. 
"Yeah yeah yeah.. outdoor activities could be more fun though."

"I agree! But we need to give some suggestions to Sowon unnie before dinner. hmm what could be good?" Eunha thought. 

"I personally think, truth or dare can be a good way since there will be questions asked." Umji suggested. 

"Ooooh" her nearby unnies reacted, accepting the youngest's idea. 

"We definitely need to tell Sowon unnie about that!" SinB exclaimed. 

"Yeah yeah, that was good but unnie will for sure ask some other ideas.. we need to think more. But Umji's suggestions sounds really good." Yuju agreed. 

As they were in the midst of brainstorming, Sowon and Yerin approached their dongsaengs, expectantly. 

"So what do you girls have in mind? Yerin and I have thought of some good activities, but we want to hear from you first." 

"Sowon unnie, Umji has an idea!"

"Thank you Sinb-yah, Umji would you mind telling us about it?" Sowon asked, looking more expectant. 

"Ah yes unnie, I was thinking that maybe we could have a truth or dare game, this may be so typical, but questions are asked during the game and I believe it'll be a simple yet effective way to discover more about us, and since there will also be some consequences, it'll be a good style for us to practice overcoming pressures when being asked." Umji explained. 

Sowon who was listening, smirked and looked at the younger girl proudly. 

"Aigoo, our baby Umji is really smart and dependable." Sowon tuckling her. 

"So are we down for that unnie?" Yerin confirming. 

"What do you think everyone?" 

"1, 2, 3 yes unnie!" 

END OF FLASHBACK 

On their second day, the girls are getting ready to do their fair share of household chores. Yerin and Sowon will be on the kitchen, while the others are incharged of the bunks and living room. 
    
Meanwhile, while roaming around, Yerin saw Umji inside the room folding some mattresses and came forward to help the maknae. 
While she's at it, she asked Umji. 

"Umji-yah?"

"Yes, unnie?" 

"Ahmm, are you folding more of these?" pointing at the basket on their right full of mattresses. 

"Uh yes unnie, why? Are you helping me?" Umji asked doing puppy eyes. 

"uhm, yes, of course. Let me stay here for awhile since Sowon unnie is still taking a bath." Yerin whispered. 

"Oh I see, sure unnie. But why are you whispering?" 

"HaHaHa!" Yerin laughed loudly. Brushing out the reason why she's whispering. 

"Aaah you're weird unnie! But I don't think you're just here because of that." Umji teased. 

"Huh? What do you mean?" 

"Unnie! I don't know what's up but I can sense you're avoiding something, someone? Since yesterday, I feel like you're acting a bit uneasy and you were strangely quiet too!" 

Umji unintentionally saw Yerin's face as Sowon announced about their break. She looked nervous more than scared. Umji thought to herself why her unnie had that expression when she's the first one to usually celebrate upon hearing some good news.

"Unnie, is there something bothering you? I was worried that you got too shocked about the news, that you couldn't think about it positively." Umji pouted. 

"Oh no no no. I was just so tired yesterday that I couldn't get on the fact that we are having a break." Yerin reasoned out. 

Umji nods and kneeling to reach for another mattress. 

"Umji-yah!" Yerin grabbed her hands. Signaling the youngest to sit back on the floor. 

"You're right, I came in here to avoid.. not something but.. someone." Yerin sighed. 

"Uh? Really unnie? Who? and why?" 

Leaning closer to Umji, Yerin whispered. 

"I acted childishly to Sowon unnie last night before going to sleep. I don't know what came in to me, I weirdly felt uncomfortable  .. (Yerin struggling with her words) ugh weird! I am having these feelings I couldn't understand perhaps it started after our first concert and now I can't seem to determine what's going on inside  me."

Yerin stated leaving the youngest confused. She was trying herself not to sound creepy especially about Sowon. But the struggle in Yerin's voice is evident.

"I am not sure unnie, but do I get it right? You're avoiding Sowon unnie, because you have weird feelings for her?" Umji probed. 

Yerin carefully choosing her words. 
"Yeah.. you can say that. Honestly, I don't know how to express this, but seeing you here alone made me think of an opportunity to open this up to someone. Umji-yah, don't be shocked please.. :( please hear unnie out." The older girl earning some courage before speaking out. 

Umji nodded but still clueless. 

"So , it's been quite a while since I have these "weird feelings" for her, I have no idea how to properly explain them but these emotions just bothering me big time. I thought that it is something irrelevant and have no pure basis. But upon hearing the news yesterday, I felt a slight hope and it is as if having this break was really a good timing." 

"Good timing?" 

"Yes, it is as if it's on cue! I have wanted to burst out and confront these bizarre thoughts of Sowon unnie for so long and I feel like I am having this chance to do so." 

Umji studying her now teary-eyed unnie, asked. Probably understanding her unnie's way of words. 

"Yerin unnie, are you? ahm, having not weird, but "love feelings" for Sowon unnie? Because it can't be that you're annoyed or angry at her about something..."

Surprisingly Yerin nodded. Tears are now falling from her eyes. 

"oooh daebak! Unnie!!! It's ok! Uh please don't cry." Umji struggling to comfort her unnie. She was also caught off guard by the sudden revelation.

Then suddenly, Sowon entered the room wearing an apron obviously ready to cook breakfast. From the door, not escaping from her hawk eyes is Yerin's a bit swollen face from the sudden flow of tears. 

Yerin and Umji stoned seeing their unnie walking towards them with a confused/worried looked. 

"Why? What's going on? Why are you crying?" 
Yerin can't seem to speak for even herself doesn't know how to answer those questions.

"Umji-yah? Why? Why is Yerin crying?" Sowon turned her gaze to her.

"Uh unnie, ahmm Yerin unnie is.." 

Yerin softly touched Umji's left hand as if a signal to not say anything and to also exit the room. The younger slowly stood up and excused herself. 

"Does this have something to do with last night Yerin?" Sowon guessed. 

"Alright, we'll talk about this tomorrow first thing in the morning. Yerin.. you have to tell me."

The younger girl recalled and felt a pang in her heart on how persistent Sowon is to know what's going on. Yerin at the same time, felt like it's not yet the proper time to expose her hidden attraction towards Sowon. The taller unnie who's looking confused the whole time, wiped Yerin's tears and just waited for the girl to speak. 

Yerin piled up the folded mattresses and put them on top of the bed. She then leads Sowon to sit on the edge of bed, both of them now facing the thick white walls. 

Yerin sighed letting a small "hoo!" from . "Unnie, first of all, I would like to apologize for making you worry. I don't know how to put these together in words but I'll try."

It was the most nervous Yerin could get while sitting side by side with Sowon. Not trying to sound creepy, the younger girl processed her thoughts quickly wishing for some decent words to come out from . She then uttered..  

"Please don't get worried about me unnie, if I say something unexpectedly surprising, please be mad at me instead." 

"And what could be that "something unexpectedly surprising"? And why would I get mad at you if you're not doing any thing wrong?" Sowon replied, curiosly. 

"Exactly the point, I haven't done any thing wrong yet, but I feel like I would any time soon." Yerin losing her breath inwardly. Heart beats faster as Sowon leaned in closer to her looking puzzled. 

Yerin then grabbed the chance of that closeness to hug Sowon instantly. Her hug tightens making Sowon feel the strong and barely controllable sensation from Yerin's arms.

______________________
So yeah.. despite all the confusion Yerin finally have her own "emotional journey" and that is her attraction toward Sowon. What could Sowon's reaction be? Especially after the questionable hug Yerin gave her. ;)