THAT MOMENT

Lipstick Stain

Yerin then loosen her hug, releasing the girl. After sensing Sowon's discomfort. The older girl pulled away examining the look on her face. Sowon couldn't tell whether Yerin was offended or just plainly embarassed. She furrowed her eyebrows. 

"You know what, there is nothing that I understand.. at all. What's up with you?" Sowon sounded a bit pissed. 

"I'm sorry unnie.."

"I don't even know what you're sorry for." Sowon said irritatingly. "Now fix yourself, let's head out, we still have to cook." Sowon informed, still pissed. 

Sowon wanted to get angry because of how Yerin acted. But she couldn't deny the fact that what she felt from Yerin's hug was something she has NEVER felt before. She couldn't calm her mind, the warmth she felt moments ago kept her distracted and her mood full of weary. All she knew was it left her something.. a passionate mark.. a feeling of longing. 

She could be annoyed by now. Yerin thought. 

"Alright then, tell me everything once you're ready.. (she paused cuing to stand). ... I don't like what you're doing Jung Yerin." Now you can sense some annoyance on Sowon's face. 

Weakly, Yerin stood up hoping to meet Sowon's eyes but the older girl quickly turned her back and walk towards the door. 


Meanwhile, the girls who were tired from cleaning, took a break. They all headed to the kitchen happily, blinded about the heated unnie-line moment inside the room. 


"Uh? No food yet? Where are the unnies?" SinB grumbled looking at the others. 

"We'll go check on their room!" Yuju and Eunha offered. 

"Ah! Unnie! Please stay here, I'll go check them instead. (nervous) They might be talking about later's game so don't worry." Umji halted her hungry unnies from checking on the two. 

As Umji exited far enough from the kitchen, she saw Sowon stepped out of the room followed by Yerin, sniffling. 

"sniff, sniff"

"Yerin-unnie? Are you okay?" Umji asked worriedly. 

"Ah, yes.. just.." Sowon cut Yerin off by looking at her intently then Umji. 

"Umji-yah, I need to talk to you later." Sowon said plainly. Umji nodded lightly. Sowon went straight ahead anticipating everyone to be in the kitchen. 

"Unnie, what happened? Did you tell her already? How did she react? Did you fight?" Umji asked nonstop. 

"Shhhhh, they might hear you. I'll tell you about it whenever I have the chance. And Umji, I know I can trust you. Please cover me up if unnie will really talk to you later." Yerin pleaded. The both of them then followed the leader to where everyone was already. 

"sniff, sniff" 

"Unnie, are you okay?" SinB asked immediately upon hearing the pitiful sound. Yerin remained silent. While she and Umji positioned themselves on the chairs behind the counter. 

The others reflected a worried look. 

Sowon spoke. "I'm sorry it took us long, Yerin and I were supposed to talk about the game, but ap.. pa .. rently, we can't talk properly because she has a cold." Sowon lied. 

"Ooooh, get well soon unnie!" Eunha hugged Yerin. 

"All of you, please go back to the living room. I'll just cook our food real quick. :)" Sowon calmly brightened the scene with the mention of "food". 

Everyone then followed skipping and jumping while exiting.. (ugh these girls really)
"Uh Umji, can you lend me a hand?" Sowon called out Umji, who fidget upon the sudden hearing of her name. 

Umji then turned around smiling awkwardly at Sowon while walking a bit fast towards the sink. Obviously avoiding the older girl's request of talking. 

Instead of using the recipe Sowon prepared, she will just alternatively cook kimchi fried rice since all of them were already hungry. As the leader settled for an easy-quick meal, she broke the silence. 

"Is there something you know? Or something that you want to say?" Sowon asked while slicing the kimchi. 

"If there's anything, I'll tell you unnie." Umji replied nervously, washing the rice. 

"To be honest, I don't have any idea what's going on, but clearly you and Yerin had talked about something serious earlier, because she wouldn't cry for nothing. Why can't you atleast tell me what's the matter." Sowon pleaded. 

"I'm afraid I'm not in the position to do so Unnie, but please give Yerin-unnie some time.. trust me it's what she needs. And when she finally decide to talk about it, please hear her out." Umji politely said, bowing. 

All Sowon can do is sigh heavily. She's more confused and clueless than ever. Then the moment of Yerin hugging her froze on her mind. Her memory was stuck on that short-lived embrace but chills still lingering on her body. 

___________________________________

"Waaaa, finished! Sowon unnie! This is just kimchi fried rice but it was so delicious. You sure are a good chef!" Yuju complimented. 

"Thanks. :) Okay, now that everyone's done eating please be ready for the truth or dare game." Sowon informed as she stood and was carrying the piled up plates to the kitchen sink. SinB and Eunha helped by wiping the table and picking up the other untensils. 

___________________________________

"Remember the goal, to be real and raw." Sowon reminded the others as they start to gather around the small table.

"I'll start!" SinB smirked as she spun the well-placed empty bottle positioned on top of the table. 

"Oh it's you Yuju-unnie! HAHAHAHAHA" the rebellious member shouted. 

"Yeah sure! Bring it on Sinb-yah!" Yuju challenged. 

"Truth or dare?"

"Dare!" 

"Unnie, you're supposed to say "truth"." Sinb teased. 

"Whatever, what's the dare?" 

"I want to test your agility, please run around us 10 times." the ever silly SinB asked, giggling. 

Without a doubt, Yuju easily did the challenge. Giving "dares" was somehow more fun, that it made Yuju asked Eunha to rap about her feelings about the concert, Eunha then battled back to Umji, the youngest had to act like a frog while singing a Disney song which caused GFRIEND to laugh hysterically. Their loud, weird, contagious laughter filled the wide living room. 

Then it was Umji's turn, surprisingly/unsurprisingly the bottle stopped in front of Sowon. 

Everyone laughs. Anticipating.

"hahahaha, unnie truth or dare?" 

"Hmm, truth, for a change." Sowon chuckles. 

"Okay then, who's your favorite among us?" the youngest innocently asked. Or should I say unconsciously asked, making her Yerin-unnie across the table felt like some ice were thrown at her, can't contain the icy feeling. Froze, she cursed inwardly.  

"kroo kroo kroo"
The silence made everyone wait and look forward to their unnie's answer. 

"Ugh. You know I can't answer that. That's like really a hard question! I don't wanna be unfair. Change question." Sowon swiftly escaping.

"Ahh no unnie! No changing of questions, that's a rule!" SinB pointed out laughing. Sowon just can't break the rules, or can she? (Hmm, this might be a reference onto something haha)

"Alright.. hmm I love all of you. My favorite depends on situation. (laughs)." 

The girls disregarding the attempt of Sowon, dodging the question again. All eyes fixed on her. Anticipating for their respective names to be called. 

HERE'S HOW THE MEMBERS LOOK: 

SinB sets a tiger look on Sowon. (Better choose me giraffe-unnie or else I'll devour you!)
Yuju poses cutely, pouting. (HAHA Sowon unnie stare at me and fall for me.) lol
Eunha winking desperately. haha (I swear, dreams do come true today!)
Then here's Umji flying kisses to her unnie. (HIHIHI I have an edge here, I'm the maknae after all. HIHIHI)
Yerin whose head down, froze on the floor lowkey anticipating for her to be chosen. Crossing her fingers tucked inside her jacket's pocket.

"Unnie, 5 seconds." Yuju reminded. 
 
Sowon got pressured.
"Yaaa! okay okay okay! I'll choose ugh... Yerin." 

EVERYONE'S JAW DROPPED, INCLUDING YERIN'S. 

"Ahh why? Unnie! It was supposed to be me!" SinB groaned. 

Yuju, Eunha and Umji comforting each other. lol 

Yerin on the other hand, left astounded, doesn't know how she's supposed to take on the leader's choice. She wanted to put a smile on her face but decided to hide it behind her poker face. 

"haha you girls are funny, I chose Yerin because she's sick today and I feel like I need to take extra good care of her." Sowon made a point.  (Yeri wasn't really sick though.)

"Ahhh still .. unniee." Eunha whined. 

"Enough, enough! I already answered, now it's my turn to spin."

"Unnie, only Yerin-unnie's left. Ask her!" Umji excitedly prompting her unnie. 

"Ahh right!" 

Umji and Yerin were suddenly on the same wave length secretly looked at each other.  Waiting for something good. 

"Truth or dare?" turning to Yerin. Trying her best to look calm. 

"Truth." 

"Alright, hmm let me see.." Sowon paused causing Yerin's heart beat stop until the question is asked. 

"As a leader, (yeah right Sowon lol) What do I need to do in order for you to open up? (lol atleast try to sound casual Sowon) I mean.."

Yerin interrupted "Let's talk later unnie, I'll open something up." (lol oh no Yerin you didn't! hahaha) I mean.. you can just approach me unnie and be somewhere where we could be alone, after all I don't want these kids to hear some adult stuff. haha" Yerin fortunately pulled out a witty answer preventing the others from being suspicious from the leading question Sowon asked. 

Sowon played Yerin's game and said.. "Oh I see. Will keep that in mind." She smirked. 

___________________________________

Hours passed, the afternoon and evening ending too soon; everyone was exhausted from daring weird things one by one. But everyone felt blissful about the joy and learning brought by the task in knowing each other more. :D 

"Girls, have a good night rest." Sowon greeted. 

Then all the girls have their share of "good nights" before heading to their respective bunks. Leaving Sowon and Yerin outside waiting for the dongsaengs to settle down. 

"Shall we go sleep unnie?" Yerin said immediately, sliding off of the sofa, exiting the living room. 

"Wait.."

"Yes unnie?" 

"Let's go inside together.." 

Yerin smiled, "After you unnie." 

Sowon then slowly sat down on her bed, looking effortlessly pretty, only wearing a loose plain white shirt and black shorts showing off her flawless, slim legs.

"Come here." 

Yerin deliberately not hearing Sowon's order, Yerin settled standing with her back pushed on the back of the door, looking down. 

"How long will be you pretend that you're sick?" 

"Not until you tell me you're not upset." 

Here comes again this awkward silence covering their shared room. So quiet, so swift and yet so complicated. 

"So you still wouldn't open up now? I met your requirements, I approached you, we're alone, no kids." 

Fears and doubts have such a grip on Yerin's heart that not even herself, can persuade them to go away. Simply because she's in love. But as much as Yerin wanted to forget the idea of her falling in love, she just couldn't force herself to think, that that idea was actually a fact. 

Sowon remained in her position, half asleep. 

"I don't think this is the proper place and time unnie.." 

"Then when and where?" 

"I'll think about it.." 

"You know what Yerin, I couldn't understand you since yesterday, my mind is clouded with thoughts on why you suddenly became quiet and timid, on why you were crying earlier, on why you look down and confused, on why you were distancing yourself, and why do I feel like I owe you something?" Sowon just thinking out loud, finally let out all the questions she has in mind hoping to be finally responded. 

The person who was meant to answer all these, comes forward to the now laying Sowon, she kneeled down and softly told the sleepy girl.. "I wish to answer your confusions and make myself clear to you unnie.. and you don't owe me anything, it's me who's willing to give without expecting something in return." Yerin whispered, not expecting any reply from Sowon. She tucked the older girl's hair on her right ear, revealing more of her peaceful and pretty sleeping face. Yerin could only sigh at the sight and hoped that tomorrow will remember that moment. That moment when she and Sowon hugged and lots of questions just flowed after that.  

_______________________________________

Will Yerin finally do the #CONFESSIONOFTHEYEAR? 
Or she'll hold back after seeing Sowon's reaction. Next picture. haha