Heaven in hell

Heaven in hell

 

 

Whoever came up with this idiotic trip, deserved to be hanged by balls off a cliff.

Of course Wonwoo knew it was Soonyoung and he would never hurt his best friend, at least physically. He could make his life a living hell once they come back home.

The thing was, Wonwoo wasn’t sure if he’ll ever come back home from that hell of a trip.

Only Soonyoung could come up with such a ridiculous idea, to take a sudden break in the middle of the term, rent a big van and take a rather numerous group of friends on a trip into the woods. No hotels, not even bathrooms. Pure nature. Of course Jisoo and Jihoon were overjoyed when they heard the word forest, their eyes sparkling green and their wings trembling in excitement. Wonwoo, a human outnumbered by various magical creatures like pixies, demons, fauns, nymphs and wendigoes, tried to reach for Junhui, the second and last human in their group, but the latter had long escaped the noises by the campfire together with Minghao, a cute but deadly nymph of the meadows.

He sighed, slightly resigned and observed as the surface of his marshmallow bubbled and cracked, only to turn black a few seconds later.

“Oh come on!” he complained, throwing the burnt candy on the grass.

“You can’t keep it this close to the fire, hyung.” The voice sounded and Wonwoo’s whole body shuddered. He felt a strong need to escape, sensing the demon’s presence right behind himself. He only scoffed and took his leave, aiming for the tent he had previously set up. There weren’t enough tents so sooner or later someone would join him. He won’t care, once he’s asleep.

“Hyung!” Wonwoo cursed under his breath hearing Mingyu’s voice yet again. It wasn’t like he tried to ignore the sophomore. He just couldn’t stand his presence without feeling wobbly and too hot all over the place.

“I’m going to sleep now, I’m tired.” The junior responded quickly and zipped up his tent, cursing himself for not taking any kind of blanket with himself. Resigned and not sleepy at all, Wonwoo curled on the sheet he brought with himself and tried to keep as much body warmth as it was possible.

He managed to stay put for an hour. After that his teeth started clanking against each other, his fingers wouldn’t move and his body was simply trembling in cold.

“Kwon Soonyoung, I’m seriously hanging you by your balls.” he growled under his breath and forced himself to move and exit the tent. The situation outside hasn’t changed much, save for a couple of unconscious freshmen, curled into each other by the campfire. Soonyoung was still pouring drinks, but the queue was much smaller than earlier.

“I need a blanket.” Wonwoo said simply and glared at Soonyoung, who was in the middle of mixing some strong alcohol. Wonwoo was never the party animal, so the strong odor has put him off slightly and he took a step back.

“I’ll send someone with a blankie for my baby Wonwoo in two minutes, ok?” Soonyoung cooed at him, visibly tipsy, using his overly sweet voice towards Wonwoo, who was nowhere near amused at his great joke.

“You better hurry.” He only growled back and rushed to his tent, hoping to avoid contact with the demon boy. He managed to reach the tent quickly and sat cross legged, waiting for the delivery.

In that very moment someone started ping the tent, and before Wonwoo could say something, Mingyu has already started zipping the tent back, but this time, from the inside.

“What are you doing?” Wonwoo asked without as much as a greeting. He backed into the other wall of the tent and curled up, suddenly awkward and losing his whole confidence.

“Soonyoung hyung said you were cold and told me to warm you up?” Mingyu said, ing his shirt. Wonwoo panicked and slapped his palm on his eyes, blocking out the sight he’s been ogling at whenever the sophomore had swimming lessons. He couldn’t admit it now and let Mingyu see his overly flushed face.

He would never admit he had a major crush on the demon boy as well.

“Come on, I don’t want to see you freezing. It’s really cold in here, you can’t catch a cold.” Mingyu reasoned and already reached for Wonwoo. The latter swatted his hand away and muttered an immediate ‘sorry’ as their eyes met.

He was panicking and had close to no idea what he was supposed to do.

Oh, it.’ He thought and looked at Mingyu, who has been sitting shirtless all this time, the cold apparently doing nothing to his body.

He’s a demon, they never get cold...

Wonwoo laid down slowly, cautiously, as if fearing Mingyu will judge him. He could practically hear the other grinning over his form and closed his eyes tightly, curling once again.

There was some rustling and a quiet, content sigh, and soon enough Wonwoo felt a hot body pressing against his back.

Mingyu was spooning him.

“I… err.” He couldn’t form any comprehensible sentence and just chose to go with the flow and let the night unfold as Destiny pleased. The proximity of Mingyu’s body was disturbing at first, especially since Wonwoo could feel every little move and shift of the latter and just kept on freezing up, panic getting the better of him.

After a few minutes though he just got used to the touch and melted in Mingyu’s embrace, suddenly realizing the demon had his arms wrapped around his waist.

“You’re shaking.” Mingyu whispered and his breath hit Wonwoo’s neck. He didn’t stink of alcohol, although Wonwoo could smell the faintest trace of it. He was shaking, true, partially because of cold, but in a greater measure because of the almost zero distance between them. Mingyu’s hand travelled to his stomach, but halted at the hem of his sweater.

“May I?” his deep voice sounded once again and Wonwoo had to clench his jaw to stop the moan. He didn’t trust his voice, that is why he only nodded, hoping the other will catch it. Apparently it worked and in seconds, Wonwoo had Mingyu’s palm resting on his own abdomen, his touch burning his skin, in all the places.

He was slowly becoming a lump of goo, heated by Mingyu’s body but also swimming in his feelings and not quite yet grasping the idea of what exactly was happening now. There was no room for complaints though, and probably that is why he wriggled back, pressing himself fully into the younger, his leg protruding in between demon’s own, tangling their legs together.

“I want to kiss you.” Mingyu blurted out suddenly, and Wonwoo agreed.

Mingyu’s lips were soft and of course hot against his nape, trying to reach farther but restrained by the length of his own neck. But it was enough for now. Wonwoo was finally warm. He reached his hand underneath his sweater and laced his fingers with Mingyu’s, smiling at the nose rubs the younger was currently giving.

Maybe the whole trip wasn’t that much of a hell.

(but even if it was, Wonwoo wouldn’t complain. Mingyu was a demon after all.)