Author's Note

What Is Love

Hi... I have an announcement to make.

I know people usually skip the author's notes and I'm guilty of doing it too but this is kind of important. So, please do continue reading for me. Thank you.

THE EVE series started in December 2017 and I know I'm not doing a good job as its writer. This universe is far from fully crafted, we're still stuck on the second book and I'm probably the only one laughing at the hidden details within the plot. Starting over with WHAT IS LOVE was supposed to boost things up but we all know what really happened... I won't try to defend myself because I know I've been nothing but terrible at this whole thing. No wonder many stopped reading along the way. I really can't blame them.

On March 22nd of this year, I created a poll to include in this A/N but forgot people could already vote without it being linked to any chapter. So, I also learned that my writing displeases some of you. I'll admit that it was a hard blow to take, especially since that's the first reader's reaction I've had in quite a while. So, motivation-wise, I've touched rock-bottom and I'm kind of convinced you all actually hate me... I guess I should have been better prepared. Not blaming you or anything though; it's just the way things turned out to be. And to be honest, after having processed the information, I do appreciate the honesty.

Now, to tell you everything, one of my New Year's resolutions was to participate in an EXO writing fest. I've been reading stories from a few and I was envious (kind of) after seeing all the positive feedback these talented writers received. A few of my own comments got replies and I could feel the genuine happiness behind them. I wanted to experience that and the opportunity came to me just recently. On Sunday, March 24th, I got confirmation that my claim was accepted... I wanted to try new things, see if I can overcome the writer's block and improve. I want to know whether I am worthy of good responses too... The Penguin Berry Fest will start posting its submissions as from July 15th. I was hoping for your support until then and that was the initial goal of this A/N, but that might be a little too much to ask now.

I am going to participate in the Fest. It's too late to back out anyway. But I'll work even harder and try my very best to keep updating WHAT IS LOVE as much as possible. I won't make empty promises; it will be hard with University, upcoming exams, and my persistent writer's block. For now, I've thought of using this universe as the basis of the other one but I haven't even gotten through brainstorming stage. I'll also be anonymous until the reveals so that's all I'm going to say.

It would really really really make me happy if you could tell me what's wrong with what I write below. As I've said, I want to improve but there's only so much I can do without knowing the source of the problem. I really want this Fest to be a success. So please, don't hesitate to point out the things I should fix while narrating. Words of encouragement would be appreciated too, though... just saying.

The upcoming chapter is going through editing, by the way.

This sums up all I had to say, I believe. Thank you for taking the time to read and sorry for not being good enough all this time.

EXOL_Writer