Chapter 2: Intro (cont.)

On Taking Care of a Tzuyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo woke up to a beautiful morning. The sky had all but cleared up after the rain, revealing the endless deep-blue sky and the faint smell of petrichor. No sun yet, she thought, guessing the time to be somewhere around 5:30. Rubbing the sleep from her eyes, the leader smiled to herself upon recalling what happened yesterday.

___

“… Chu…zoo?” Asked Momo, confused. “Momoring doesn’t understand.” She did not try to hide her confusion either.

“No Momo, Tzuyu.”

“Like, DBSK’s Yoochun backwards?”

“No, that’s Chunyoo. Tzuyu.”

“Like, that strategist in Romance of the Three Kingdoms?”

“That’s close, but no. That’s Zhou Yu. I mean Tzuyu.”

“Like that good feeling when you see someone’s misfortune?”

“No Momo, that’s Schadenfreude. And, what the hell?”

“Momo doesn’t know~”

“Tzuyu. Like, do it with your lips. Tzu. Yu.”

This time Jihyo pronounced the name slowly, with careful lip movement for everyone to see.

“… Tzuyu. Why this name, Jihyo-unnie?” It was Dahyun’s turn to ask. She finally came to terms with the fact that they were having a cat in their shared house. Her coming around was with no little help from all the cute GIFs of cats that Mina and Sana shoved into her face. Jihyo shrugged.

“I don’t know. I just like the fact that when you pronounce it, your lips have to be all pouted out. It’s so cute.” Everyone took a second digesting this information, then nodded slowly.

“Well if you put it like that… It’s cute indeed.” Nayeon smiled.

“Nayeon-unnie, do you mean, ‘if you POUT it like that’?” Everyone groaned.

“Momo!”

“…. Anyway.” Mina coughed. “We have work to do guys. Tomorrow we have to talk to our managers, though I’m sure it’ll be okay. Also, where should we put Tzuyu?”

“Not my room!” Said Dahyun, making Chaeyoung pout.

“Of course she’ll stay with us. Our room is the biggest in the dorm after all.” Mina said. Sana signaled her agreement with a hasty nod.

“True… I do wonder though, why does that room have four beds for three people?” Jeongyeon wondered out loud. One second passed, before Chaeyoung offered an answer.

“I know! I can sleep there and play with Tzuyu, and Dahyun can stay back in our room.”

“Hey! Don’t leave me alone!” Said cat hater tackled Chaeyoung again.

“I wanna take her to dance practice.”

“That was really random, Momo-unnie.”

“Yes, but so is a cabbage with spikes.”

“Wha…”

“Actually Momo-unnie, I like that idea. We’ll definitely bring her to our dance studio.” Jihyo unexpectedly agreed to Momo’s suggestion. She would never, in a million years, expect what events would transpire when they actually brought Tzuyu to the dance studio.

______

Nor would she expect to wake up to the scene in front of her. Last night, the senior girls put together a fortress of sorts on the spare bed, from their spare pillows and blankets. In the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter