Omake

On Taking Care of a Tzuyu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Omake

AN: I ran into a minor writer’s block, so here’s a completely irrelevant chapter to clear my head a bit. My take at a “Happy Birthday” for God Jihyo! Happy birthday, leader of TWICE!

Park Jihyo

1:20AM

Someone named Chou Tzuyu just added me as friend on Facebook. Zero mutual friend.

_____

Park Jihyo, a socially awkward third-year university student, sat alone in her corner of the classroom during breaktime. It was her birthday, and she did not really have anyone to celebrate it with.

Well, not that she cared. She had always enjoyed spending alone time, especially on occasions that people otherwise spent with others.

At any rate, she was quietly minding her own business when she heard a commotion from outside, in the corridor. Strangely, the noise seemed to get closer and closer to her position… then from the corner of her eyes, she caught a flash of brown hair.

And that flash was rushing towards her.

Looking up in astonishment, Jihyo saw death in the form of a tall slender girl with an adorable, yet emotionless face and long flowing brown hair, holding a kitchen knife. Never before had any knife looked that sharp.

Jihyo closed her eyes, awaiting inevitable demise. The sound of the knife dropping to the ground made her open them again though, and before she could take a breath of relief, the stranger caught her in in a crushing hug.

Jihyo blushed madly, not used to sudden contact like this from any gender. Had she been a straight heteroual lady, she would not have been this flustered and, therefore, would have known how to react appropriately. But alas, Jihyo was someone that had always been dreaming of a Princess Charming… so yes, she was terribly flustered.

The other members of the class... Suffice to say they were not on the same page as her emotionally. Some of them were even irritated.

Still, Jihyo blushed madly. So madly she never noticed how that statement was a repetition. So madly she broke the fourth wall.

After a mental millennium (equivalent to about three seconds), she realized the awkward situation. She hurriedly dragged the brown-haired girl outside, away from prying eyes. Thankfully the knife was discarded somewhere on her desk.

_____

 

Now they were in a nearby park, having a staring contest with each other. Still not knowing what to do, Jihyo settled for examining the strange girl's face.

"Wow, she's cute." She mentally exclaimed, taking in all of the stranger's facial features. Rosy pink lips, creamy white skin, and a large pair of onyx eyes that Jihyo was all too happy to drown herself in. Indeed, she had indulged herself so much she found it hard to open , for fear of ruining the heavenly sight in front of her.

"So er…" Jihyo finally mustered enough courage to ask. "Who are you?"

"Chewy!" said ‘Chewy'.

 

Jihyo raised an eyebrow. 'That's it?' She waited a while to see whether ‘Chewy’ would continue, but all she received was the large irises staring at her innocently.

"Er…" Another er. "Why did you try to kill me?"

"Chewy!"

"Yes, I know your name already. Just answer my question please?"

"Chewy!"

 

Jihyo mentally swore. 'Is she Pokemon-brained or something?' Seeing as words were useless, she proceeded to leave. But as soon as her feet touched the ground, she was held back by the sleeves.

Jihyo sighed and turned around. ‘Chewy’ was still giving her that same unwavering stare, while holding the student's shirt.

Now, Jihyo started to feel a bit guilty, leaving this human Pokemon alone.

"What do you want now?"

Chewy suddenly reacted to Jihyo’s words. She shook her head.

"What do you want to do?" Another shake, this time more violently. The usual stare turned a bit angry.

"…. Chewy?"

"Chewy!" As soon as her name escaped Jihyo’s mouth, Chewy yelled excitedly and smiled brightly at Jihyo. She partially melted at that smile, so pretty and adorable it became illegal.

 

Suddenly Chewy yanked Jihyo's arm towards her and ran at top speed. Being a bookworm with shorter legs that disliked physical labor, Jihyo could barely keep up with the peculiar girl with.

 

"No, wait…!"

 

After a while, they arrived at a large lake.

 

"Wait…. I'm…. exhausted…."

 

Chewy turned around, her marble round eyes staring at Jihyo.

 

"Chewy?" she said.

 

The brunette then slowed down and pulled at Jihyo's hand. Completely alien to skinship before, Jihyo yanked herself back by reflex. From an outsider's viewpoint, the motion seemed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter