First Meeting?

With You

-South Korea-

He steps down from the aeroplane. The Canadian High School team just arrived in South Korea. He’s just as excited a little kid that got his favourite lollipop. Dae young, Myeong Joo and a few other students also joined the program. That makes the total member of the team is six students. Two teachers from their school join them too. It was ten students at first but the other four back out because they were worried of staying at a foreign country for six months long. 

“South Korea’s air smells good.”

“Si Jin, are you okay?” One of his teammate, James ask him.

“Oh my god!! I’m so excited.  Ms. Michelle, where are we going now?” The excited Si Jin just couldn’t stay still.

“We’ll be checking in the hotel that we will stay for one night before going to your respectively hosts’ home on the next day. Let’s go!” She gestures st the students to get going. 

They reached South Korea on Sunday which means they have to attend the school the next day to find out their hosts and follow the school’s schedules.

-----

Since there is three male students, three female students, one male teacher and one female teacher, they are all divided into two. James will sharing room one of the teacher, Mr. Jacob. Si Jin will obviously will be with Dae Young. Myeong Joo with Emily and Isabelle with their teacher, Ms. Michelle. 

Once Si Jin enters his room, he throw himself to one of the bed. He chooses the on beside the window. He doesn’t care about his luggages and just lie down with his face down on the bed. He’s tired from the sixteen hours flight. 

“Teacher said that we have our own free time until 6:00p.m. KST. Then later we will all go out for dinner together.” Dae Young explains what the teacher told him before he enters the room. Si Jin didn’t hear what the teacher said because he just ran into the room. 

“Si Jin?” Dae Young is still taking his clothes out from his luggage when calls out Si Jin after getting no response from Si Jin. Still no response. He look at Si Jin only to see that Si Jin is fast asleep. 

“Hey! Yoo Si Jin! Bath before you sleep!” Still no response. 

He let out a sigh as he made a mental note to wake Si Jin up for bath later. He takes his clothes and walks towards the bathroom. He want to take a quick bath before getting some sleep. He needs some sleep as much as Si Jin needs. 

-----

Mo Yeon is tired with all the cleanings. She helped her mum to clean the house as her mum said that the house have to be clean when the exchange student reach. She just finished cleaning the guest room for the exchange student. 

“Is the person boy or girl?” She wonders while walking out of the guest room. “Who cares? Boy and girl are just the same. I just hope that the person will be good.” 

She walks towards her room. She need some rest. She walk past a room. She stop her steps right in front of the room. She stares at the room. 

“Do you want to enter it? I still have the key to the room.” Her mum appeared out of nowhere and stand beside her. Her mum took a day off just to clean the house and spend some quality time with Mo Yeon and Min Kyung. She realizes that they rarely have times together nowadays.

Mo Yeon quickly looks down, avoiding her mum’s stares and says, “No. I thought I said to throw the keys away?” 

“I keep it with the hope that you’ll change your mind. I hope you can start again. You look so happy while doing the things you love. I just want you to be happy, nothing else.” 

“Mum’s right. You look the happiest when you were doing the things you love. I want you to be happy too.” Min Kyung in the conversation when she overheard their conversation.

“I’m going to college soon and you are going to be all alone without me. I to see your beautiful old smile before I leave or maybe when I come back for vacation?” Min Kyung added. She’s preparing to leave for her college now. She feels bad leaving her sister again.

“It’s not that easy as what you all thinks.” Mo Yeon just walk away after saying that. Her head keep looking on the floor when she walks back to her room.

Her mum let out a sigh when Mo Yeon walks away. “I wonder what happened that she completely stopped it?” 

“I wonder the same thing too. What made her to give up the thing that she loves the most?” 

Both of them know that something happened. They tried to ask Mo Yeon but she keep sealed. They know that all they could do is just to wait for Mo Yeon when she’s ready to speak out. 

----- 

Mo Yeon sits on her bed. She puts the box that she’s been holding on her laps. She opened it and took out a picture. A picture of a girl with a big smile, holding a trophy for the winner. Mo Yeon smiles bitterly. She look into the box. She takes out something. A trophy. The same trophy in the picture. 

She just stares at it for a few minutes. She let out a sigh. “I want to start again too. But it’s not easy.” She puts back the picture and the trophy in the box and keeps the box under her bed. “Don’t take it out anymore. You shouldn’t think of the past anymore. Wake up and face the reality.”

-----

“You may put your luggages here and take it later before you follow your hosts back to their home.” One of the teacher that welcomed them to the school brought them to a empty room to put their luggages. Well, they can’t bring it to the classes since they have many luggages. 

They reached Cheong Dam High School a few minutes ago. Cheong Dam High School will be the school where they’ll be studying for the 6 months they staying in South Korea. They all are feeling very excited.

-----

After arranging their luggages, they left the room to go to the hall for weekly assembly. When they enter the hall, the students were already there lining up to welcome their. Whistles, wows and shouts can be heard all around from the hall. Some students even throw confetti showing that they are really welcomed.

Si Jin walk into the hall proudly alongside with his other friends. All the students look so impressed and astounded to see foreign students in their very own school. But something catch the corner of Si Jin’s eyes. There’s a girl looking very different yet very familiar. The girl is clapping her hand with a blank face, showing that she is totally uninterested with this event.

“Who is she? Why does she looks so familiar?” Si Jin feel like he has seen her somewhere but he couldn’t remember. It felt like déjà vu. The assembly goes on with the principal’s speech that welcomes them. They hear the Cheong Dam High School’s students sing their school’s song and the Canadian High School’s student got the chance to go on stage to sing their own school song too.

The Canadians received a big applause and some cheers from the students after they finish singing their school’s song. Si Jin’s attention is catched by the mysterious girl again. The girl is, again, showing her totally uninterested face as she continues to read the book she is holding. Si Jin is totally amused with that scene since all the others students are so interested with his team. 

The assemble ended well and the students are allowed to return to their respective classroom. The hall started to be quiet when all the students are finally out from the hall except for the Canadian High School team. They were asked to stay back for a little bit. They got their little briefing and they were divided into different classes since each of them has different hosts and the hosts are in different classes. 

-----

Si Jin is on his own now. He was accompanied by Dae Young but Dae Young already enter his class. He reached at the classroom he supposed to be with. He gather up his courage and knocks on the door softly. That catches the people in the class attentions. 

“Come in,” The teacher in the class tell him.

Si Jin enters with all the students stares. He feel a little uncomfortable but he doesn’t show it since it’s normal for them to feel curious about him. He stands in the frot of the class, in the middle. 

“Introduce yourself,”

“Hi, my name is Yoo Si Jin,” The class went wild as they heard him speaking in fluent Korean.

“I’m actually a Korean but migrated to Canada 10 years ago so I can speak Korean. I’ll be here for 6 months and I hope we can get along well. Please take good care of me!” Si Jin gave a little bow after his short introduction. 

“Sure. You still doesn’t know who is your host, right?” Si Jin just nod at the question gave by the teacher. “Kang Mo Yeon,” The teacher called a name. 

“Kang? Is it the Kang that I know?” Si Jin’s mind started to fly away.

“Yes?” A girl stand up from her seat. His minds came back immediately after he sees the girl’s face. “It’s her,”

“You know you’ll be the host for Si Jin right?” The teacher ask the girl. “Yes,” The girl answer shortly. Murmurs can be heard throughout the class. 

“Then it’s all good. Si Jin, you can sit beside Mo Yeon for the whole 6 months you are here. Is it okay?” 

Si Jin did not answer. He is still staring at the girl. “Kang Mo Yeon…So you are Kang Mo Yeon,” He finally knows the identity of the girl who was totally uninterested with him just now. The girl is his host, Kang Mo Yeon. 

To show that he is totally okay with the arrangement, he gives her the biggest smile that he ever had. 

 

 

----------

A/N

I'm so sorry that I just update now. I was sick for the whole week that I couldn't even do my school works. I got really stress out with school. There is one teacher that is blackmailing my class and I still couldn't cope up with the class. I'm going crazy and i'm planning to change school. My school now is getting on another level. Not a good level. I'm so done with my school already.