His Day

With You

-Canada-

 

“Si Jin-ah, wakey wakey. You’ll be late if you keep sleeping.”

“Mum, five more minutes, please...”

“Nope. Wake up, you lazy boy.” She then pull both Si Jin’s hand to sit him up.

“Fine, fine. I’ll wake up.”

“Go to get ready. Go go.”

Si Jin forces himself to wake up and go to the bathroom while rubbing his eyes. “I should have sleep earlier yesterday.” After getting ready, Si Jin walks out of his room to the dining room to have breakfast with his parents. His brother, Yoo Ma Roo are now studying in Seoul University, away from the family. Even though they stay in Canada, they are from Korea. They immigrated when Si Jin was nine because of Mr. Yoo’s works in Canada.

-----

“Good morning, dad. Good morning, mum.” Si Jin greet his parents cheerfully while going down the stairs.

“Finally you are here, sleepy head.”

“Dad!”

“Yeah right, I had a hard time waking him up.” His mum supporting his dad.

“Mum, you should be on my side! I’m going to tell Ma Roo!”

“Go ahead and tell your favourite brother.” His mum continues to . Si Jin stay quiet, acting all sulky. “Eat before you are late to school.”

“Thank you for this meal.” He started to eat together with his parents. 

“What a good morning.” He smiles while thinking it.

-----

After he finished his breakfast, he went to school by his bicycle. On the way to school, he stop by his friend, Seo Dae Young’s house to go to school together. He is really thankful to have Dae Young as his friend because Dae Young is a Korean too. Even though Dae Young was born in Canada, his mother is a Korean so that makes him able to talk fluently in both English and Korean. Thanks to that, Si Jin has no difficulities in conversing with Dae Young. 

Upon reaching their school, they place their bicycles in the provided space and walk to their class. Once Si Jin and Dae Young reached their classroom, their classmates greet them happily and cheerfully. Both of them are one of the popular guys in the school who have a lot of fans. Sometimes, they will get love letters, chocolates or sweets on their table or lockers. 

The day went on peacefully as the teacher enter the class and carry on with their studies. Si Jin takes notes on what the teacher said as he is the model student in the school, placing first in every exams. After all his classes finish, he bid goodbye with his friends and proceed to where his bicycle is placed. Dae Young won’t be going back with his as he got a date with his girlfriend, Yoon Myeong Joo. 

-----

He hum while riding his bicycle. He just feel great today. He wants to get home faster because he’s hungry and want to eat the food cooked by his mum. His mum promised him that she would cook Korean foods for him and he really anticipated that. 

When he reached home, he quickly park his bicycle and run into the house. He smelled something good and he rushed in the house, finding his mum in the kitchen. He recognize the smell, one of his favourites, spicy rice cakes. Yummy.

“Mum, I’m home!” He greet his mum.

“Oh, sleepy head. You’re home.”

“Mum, you should stop calling your handsome son as sleepy head.” Si Jin whined.

“Alright. Go and take a bath. When your dad is home, we can eat. Go now, sleepy head.”

“Mum!” 

-----

After his bath, he go down the stairs and saw his dad and mum are already seated at the dining table waiting for him to eat together.

“Dad, you’re home.”

“Yeah. Faster come and sit. I’m hungry, my handsome sleepy head son.”

“Dad, not even you!”

“Why? I added ‘handsome’ in it. You don’t like it?”

“Nevermind.” He proceed to the empty chair between his parents and they start to eat.

This is normal for them as they always play and tease each other like best friends. His parents are very understanding and they always do and give the best to Si Jin and Ma Roo. Si Jin and Ma Roo couldn’t ask for more because they get more that what they needed. 

After lunch, Si Jin excuse himself to finish his homework. He entered his room and took out his homework to place it on his study table. He sit down on the on the chair to start doing his homework. 

-----

Finishing a few books of homework, he heard calling from downstairs, asking him to eat dinner. “Coming!!” He keep his stationary and go down to the dining room to have his dinner. 

He continued his homework after dinner until he finishes all his homework. He decided to call it a day. He went down to greet goodnight to his parents. He gave both of them a kiss on the cheek before going up to his room. 

Entering his room, he lie down on the bed. He held out his hand and reaches a picture frame on the small table beside his bed. He caress the picture slowly. 

“Will I be able to see you again?” 

He ask the picture of a little girl and little boy with their hand holding each others’. “I miss you, my friend. My first love.” 

 He then placed the picture on the small table again and prepares to sleep. He switches off the light and lie down on his bed. In no time, he fell asleep.

His day is simple but it's filled with love and joy. He appreciates and is always thankful for it all.