Approval

With You

“Mum, please? Only for this one time.” Si Jin is practically begging his mum to allow him to let him to join the students exchange program. 

His mum stayed quiet for a few minutes after Si Jin told her that he want to join the students exchange program to South Korea for 6 months. He was scared that his mum won’t allow him to go so he beg first before his mum made her decision. 

“Show me the form first.” 

Si Jin quickly run towards his bag and pull out a few piece of papers. He run back to his mum and put it in front of her. “Here.”

His mum really take her own sweet time to read the form. “So, mum, will you let me go?” His mum only give him a sign of shut up by putting her finger on her lips. 

Little did he know, his mum is just playing with him. Anyhow, it’s his birth country so she’ll let him to join the program. Furthermore, his brother is studying there too. Maybe they can meet up after a long time. 

She turn her head and meet with Si Jin’s puppy eyes. She returns the form to Si Jin without saying anything. “Mum, can I go?” He asks for confirmation. 

“Go.” A short reply is given by his mum but it makes his flying into the air.

“Really? Oh my god. Thank you, mum. I love you so much. Oh my god. I’m so happy that I can fly in the air. Gosh, is this real? Thanks, mum. Seriously this means a lot to me.”

“I know. Go and take your bath while waiting for your so that we can have lunch together. Ask your dad for his approval also.” She says while smiling at her son’s antics.

“Roger.” He gave his mum a kiss on her cheeks and run towards his room.

-----

He is so happy. He got his parents approval to join the students exchange program to South Korea. He got his parents’ approval sign on the form and he’s going to hand in the form tomorrow at school no matter what. Nothing seems to be able to stop him. He can’t wait to go.

He just finished his dinner and entered his room. He sits on his bed and take the picture frame on the small table beside his bed. 

“I might be able to find you again, Kang.” He says while smiling to the picture. 

He finishes his homeworks and prepares to sleep. He gave a smile to the little girl in the picture before closing his eyes. He fall asleep with an excited heart.

-----

Mo Yeon is still waiting for her parents to come home. “Sigh, it’s almost 12 midnight. I hope mum and dad can cut down some of their works.”

After the clock strikes 12:30 a.m., her parents car’s engine sound can be heard. She rush to the front door to greet her parents. “Mum! Dad!”

“Mo Yeon, why are you still awake? It’s late.”

“I was waiting for you both.” She replies her father’s question with a big grin on her face. 

“Let’s enter. It’s cold.” 

They enters the house and again, Mo Yeon cooked something for them in advance, knowing that they won’t eat dinner.

“Wah, my precious daughter cooked this all?” Her mum was kinda surprised to see all the foods on the dining table.

“This is nothing at all.” 

When they are eating, the father start speaking, “Mo Yeon, have your teacher said anything about exchange students from Canada?” 

“Oh yeah. The classroom teacher mentioned it today. How did you know about it?”

“Your father and I know that you’re always alone at home, especially when your sister are on vacations. So, we volunteered to be one of the host of the students that are going to come.”

Mo Yeon immediately stops eating and freezes. “Sorry for not telling you earlier because we know that you will say no. We don’t really feel good when you’re always alone at home.”

Mo Yeon tries to act like she’s happy because she don’t want to hurt her parents feeling. “No, I’m thankful that you both feel that. I’m okay being alone but if you volunteered already, then I’ll accept it gladly.”

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Sure. I’ll get some new friends in the process.” She says while giving her parents the biggest ‘smile’ she ever had.  

“Thank god. I thought you’ll get angry.” Her mum let out a sigh of relief.

“Why would I get angry to my lovely parents who only think of me and my sister?”

“Talking about your sister, she’s coming back in two days.”

“Really?”

-----

After she finish her foods and did the dishes, she excuses herself to her room. 

“Oh my god. I never see this coming. I hope I can accept the person well.”

Mo Yeon curses her social anxiety silently in her mind. She really wants to recover from her social anxiety and her other illness. She tries to forget everything and get some sleep.

As expected, she wakes up in the middle of the night again and again that she gave up on sleeping. She plays with her phone instead. She still have a lot of things that haven’t been explored in her new phone.

 

-----

A/N 

Another chapter is here~ thank you for those who read this and comment. I really appreciates it all. So, please leave some comments after you read it. No, I would be thankful even if you read it. Thank you very much!!