Their Day

With You

“Hi! What’s your name?” A girl greet him suddenly. He was at the playground near his house. This is the first time he came to the playground even though he stays here since he was born.

“My surname is Kang. Nice to meet you.” The girl held out her hand for a handshake. 

“Why don’t you just say your real name?” 

“My mum said not to talk to stranger. Which that means I can’t say out my full name.”

“But you just talk to me who are a stranger to you.”

“But you don’t look like a bad guy. You are even shorter than me.”

“Hey!”

“Come on. My hand hurts. Shake it, faster.”

“Fine. My surname is Yoo. Nice to meet you too.”

The girl suddenly pull his hand to the swings. He sat on one and she sat on the other one. They laughed happily as they continue to play around.

-----

“She came to my dream again. Why am I so stupid? Why didn’t I asked her name?”

When he woke up from the dream, it’s already 6 so he prepared to school. His mum was shocked when she found out that he’s awake when she haven’t wake him up yet.

He finished his preparations to school and have breakfast with his parents. He decided to walk today. “The weather is so nice.” 

He walk to Dae Young’s house and before he reached Dae Young’s gate, he saw someone standing outside Dae Young’s house gate. A girl. 

“Myeong Joo!!” 

“Si Jin?” 

“Waiting for Dae Young?”

“Yeah. He said he will be out in a minute but it’s been 5 minutes.”

“Then I better get my off before he come out. I don’t want to be the third wheel. Bye! See you both later at school!” Si Jin say before leaving Dae Young’s house and Myeong Joo. He continues his walk to school, alone.

“Haish..I want to date too..”

Si Jin actually is still waiting for his childhood bestfriend. They lost contact when Si Jin moved to Canada. They were young and they don’t know how to communicate yet at that time. “I wonder if I can meet her again..” 

He let out a deep sigh and continue walking to school.

-----

“Myeong Joo?” 

“Finally you’re here. What takes you so long?” 

They give each other a hug before releasing each other. “I was preparing. I woke up late. Forgive me?” He say while putting both of his hand together. Myeong Joo just laugh at her boyfriend. 

“Yeah, yeah. Let’s go.” 

“Wait. Si Jin is still not here.”

“Si Jin? He came just now but he left because he said he don’t want to the third wheel.” 

“He should get a girlfriend.” Dae Young held out his hand to hold Myeong Joo’s hand. 

They start walking and Myeong Joo says, “I bet he’s still want to meet with his first love.”

“Is that possible? It’s been years. Almost 10 years, if I’m not mistaken.”

“Yeah. But what to do if the girl stole his heart and he only want the girl.”

“You’re right. He dated a few time but none went long. He never goes further than holding the girls hand.”

“He’s loyal.”

They continue their way to school, walking while holding hands and talking.

-----

Mo Yeon and her sister are at her granmother’s house because her parents feel uneasy leaving her alone at home.

You are so fat.” 

“Why are you still alive?”

“If I were you, I would rather just die with that type of face?”

“Your face disgust me. Get lost!” 

“This stinks. Why is this creature here?” 

“even your parents don’t care about you”

“Go die!!!”

The person threw Mo Yeon’s homework on the floor. Mo Yeon couldn’t do anything. She don’t even have the energy to cry anymore. She gave up. At night, when she went back her parents’ home, her went straight to her room. She opened her drawer and took out a blade. She cuts herself all the time when she got insulted, which means everyday. 

-----

Mo Yeon wake up again, not because of alarm clock but because of  a nightmare. 

“Why did I dream of it again?” 

She dreamt about the person who used to verbally abused her when she was small. The verbal abuse goes on for years, from 11 to 17 years old (Korean age). She remember it all clearly. No one helped her and she couldn’t stand up for herself. She tried but she failed. No matter how she asked for help, no one help her. 

-----

As usual, when she is awake, she will be the only one person awake in the home since her parents are sleeping. She prepares herself for school and cooked a little for her parents. She didn’t eat, again. She always regrets not eating even though she cooked for her parents but she will never eat. She only eats dinner together with her parents when they’re back.

She walks to school after her cookings and she reach her school in no time because she wants to get some sleep before the bell rings. The nightmare scares her so much. 

-----

She reach her class and she gets a few minutes sleep before the teacher enters. She fell asleep in the middle of the class but surely, the teacher doesn’t notice. She don’t like falling asleep in class while the teacher is teaching though. It’s just that middle-of-the-night insomnia causes her to have 2x sleepiness in the day. She couldn’t control it. 

The bell rings. Before the teacher left the class, she made an announcement. “Our school will be receiving a few exchange students from Canada for 6 months. The host for the program were chosen already and your parents have already agreed to it. The hosts will be announced later when the date arrives.” 

After the teacher left the class, the students started to talk. The whole class becomes noisy. Mo Yeon don’t care about it all and just continue her sleep.

-----

Si Jin enters his classroom as soon as he got into the school compound. He takes out his book and did some revision before his class starts. Seconds before the teacher enters, Dae Young enters and sit beside Si Jin. 

The class go on as usual and Si Jin is really paying attention to what his teacher is saying. Dae Young is already fast asleep as he already gave up on the topic. Before the bell rings, the teacher called out a few names and said that the principal wants to meet them in the principal’s room after the school ends. Si Jin’s and Dae Young’s name was called out too.

Curiousity fills Si Jin’s head as he and Dae Young stepped into the principal’s room. They saw familiar faces when they stepped into the room. Myeong Joo is there too, sitting on the chairs provided. Dae Young’s face brighten up immediately after seeing her face. Si Jin ignored Dae Young’s facial changes and sit down on one of the empty chairs, leaving an empty space between him and Myeong Joo for Dae Young to sit. 

After a few minutes, the principal took out some papers after ensuring everyone that is needed are there. Each of them got a set of the papers. 

“We are doing a students exchange program this year. Those whose names are called are the chosen ones to join this program. Of course, you can choose to not to go. But I hope you all can join it.” The principal started talking. 

“Where are we going?” Dae Young ask the principal.

“South Korea. 6 months. You all are given one week time to discuss with your parents before sending in the consent form to me. More information about this program are already typed in the paper I gave you all. Anymore questions?”

The students all shake their heads.

“Good. You all may go now. Thank you for coming.”

One by one the students stand up and leave the room after bowing to the principal. 

“Bro, you going?” Dae Young nudges Si Jin’s arm with his elbow as Si Jin’s eyes are still fixed to the paper given by the principal 

“I’m not sure. I have to ask my parents first.”

“If you go, you might have a chance to find that girl again.”

Si Jin immediately lifts his head up, eyes meeting Dae Young’s eyes. 

“You’re right. Bye!” Si Jin just leave like that. After a few seconds Si Jin left, Myeong Joo walks towards Dae Young and they left together.

 

 

 

----

A/N 

Finally, i posted chapter 3. For those who didn't read the story feed, i'll write it again here. Mo Yeon's past is based on a true story. The present, which is this story, is what i hope will happen in the future. This story is purely fictional except for Mo Yeon's part. Thank you very much for reading. Please leave some comments!! Bad or good one are always be appreciated!!

To get internatinal age from the Korea age, just deduct 1 years old from the Korea age. In this story, both Si Jin and Mo Yeon will be 18 years old (Korea age) which means 17 in international age.