AO94s: III

Alliance of 94s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ALLIANCE OF 94s

Like what Seulgi said, she is a biggest hypocrite. 

She found herself standing in the thirteenth floor of that fourteen story apartment complex near the school she was currently attending in.  It was the place that is only five blocks away to where Park Sooyoung bones got crushed that day. 

Tonight is one of the day when she felt like being “forced” going inside the place she knows a battlefield. 

As the doorbell rings, the door clicks open and the sleepy but worn out face of Ms. Kim she would rather say welcomes her. There was a shock at the old woman’s face first but it isn’t like it was Seulgi’s first time here, so the older woman quickly regained composure and let Seulgi slip inside the apartment.

Ms. Kim apartment was located on a quiet residential district. It has large windows that would let you see the neighbor’s spacious garden below. It is a 1LDK unit-  it only has 1 kitchen area, living and dining with 1 bedroom as well as a separate toilet. 

Seulgi sat in the sofa next to the grand piano, as she was slightly nervous, not knowing the reason why she came to this place once again. Maybe it became her habit when she was still a music club member where there would times that Ms. Kim would gave her a private lesson in piano in this place. They practice new sheets, usually it was Mahler’s masterpiece then after they would either sip a coffee together or watch a primetime drama on TV and in the end they would end up in Ms. Kim bed as their legs tangle each other.


When Ms. Kim came back with a coffee in hand, Seulgi noticed that jeans that Ms. Kim would always wearing inside the house.- it was a navy blue torn jeans.

Ms. Kim didn’t want to be a music teacher; Seulgi could clearly remember when the older woman confessed it to her. It was when they under the moonlight as they were sharing under one sheet while laying down in Ms. Kim’s own bed. Ms. Kim held her hands tighter while saying she was lonely, and all alone, and only left with the grand piano that has been with her all along. 

The grand piano has always been her life, says Ms Kim, which eventually forced her to become a music teacher and do private piano lessons to students like her.
One thing Seulgi was sure; they shared the same emotion- alone and hypocrite but not as hypocrite as her and her Mom, so sometimes she would take Ms. Kim advices instead of her mom. 

Ms. Kim suddenly sat down in the sofa next to Seulgi and lit a low tar- cigarette using a lighter that was on the table. The older woman avoided Seulgi’s gaze and kept eyes focused on the smoke in the air she exhaled. 

“What’s wrong? You only come to see me here when you’re feeling really down. Wanna commit suicide that bad?”

“I’m sorry. I was bit distracted about life, that’s all.” 

“Are your studies really causing you problems? That really much??”

“No, i-it’s not that…”

Well Seulgi would say there is a part of her that worries her study. The entrance exam for university is nearing and the recommendation she get from the university that most likely because of her father’s influence or connection is also stressing her out. The fact that it would be based off her marks from the second term but she hadn’t started studying yet. And at this point, meeting Sooyoung and now Joohyun is making every little thing for Seulgi’s complicated.  

Ms. Kim glanced at Seulgi and observed the younger girl before cracking a smile “Let me guess. Is the hospital girl trying to fix the loose screw in your head?” 

Seulgi didn’t answer but knew it was a joke so in return she had a sour face before she lean her back against the sofa and closed her eyes for a bit- refreshing her mind.

“Summer break is coming up soon, so it’s right around the time you have to decide what you’re going to do about your life.”  Ms. Kim was looking at Seulgi when the older woman said this.

“Have you talked it over with your mother?” 

“Like mom would hear me out? Of course, no. Even if I did, she’ll freak out and not going to approve.” 

“I don’t get why they don’t like your future involves with writing.” 

Seulgi laughs “Then ask yourself why you are so against me joining the creative club”

Ms. Kim laughed as well before clearing “Now that’s the point.” Says Ms. Kim before leaning in so close to Seulgi’s body and place their lips together- and when Seulgi thought that it was the time they would follow the same routine they always do before, Ms. Kim left Seulgi’s lip a space and backs away and puts back the short cigarette in .

Ms. Kim inhaled deeply from the cigarette as Seulgi watches the old woman. On any other day, Ms. Kim wouldn’t have smoked in front of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter