Ao94s: II

Alliance of 94s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Seulgi had been trying to write again during Friday afternoon when Ms. Kim comes in the room.

“Writer’s block?” The teacher said this as she smiled at Seulgi. Seulgi would snort after, before turning back to block the blank paper away from the teacher. 

Seulgi is allowed to stay in the music room whenever she wanted. And speaking of Ms. Kim, the woman had been her teacher back when Seulgi was in grade seven. Ms. Kim knows about Seulgi’s family and also knew that Seulgi was keeping her plans out for joining the creative writing a secret from her mother. 

People would think it’s weird to see a creative writing member in a music room, butSeulgi was a former member of the music club, and that’s how she met Ms. Kim.

Seulgi could sing, and play piano. Some of the skills Ms. Kim thought were wasted when Seulgi decided to leave the club for creative club. 

“You can stop looking at that blank paper, you know. You’re always welcome to come back in music club”

Seulgi abruptly stops and faces Ms. Kim “Wow, no way” 

“Rebel is not something you’re good at.” 

“And singing and playing piano are something I’m not good at too.” Seulgi retorted.

“You know that’s not true” 

Ms. Kim had a small frame and she looked younger than her age, maybe it was one of the reason why she had her hair cut in a short style, so she would looked more like mature like a real teacher. But in Seulgi’s eyes, it looks like Ms. Kim is like a rich elementary school teacher with that haircut. 

“Anyway, I shall thank you for bringing the arrogant singer in my life” Seulgi might be a bit forward but that is how she and the older woman are comfortable to each other. They would joke around and tease a lot as if they are in the same age. 

“Son Seungwan?Ahh… the event? Didn’t she ask you to film her? Did you do it for her?”

“Yes”

“So how did it go?” 

“ to be in the crowd while filming, I almost hit one of her fan.”

Ms. Kim chuckles “So what did you do with the film? Did you show it to someone?”

“We showed it to her childhood friend in the hospital on Sunday”

“Ah… I heard about the rumor of Seungwan recently spotted in the hospital. So it was her friend who is in the hospital right now.” 

Seulgi nodded and Ms Kim was already playing idly with the keys of piano and then began playing Ravel’s “Pavane for a Dead Princess”. Seulgi could hear the sound of the wooden hammer pressed again the steel wires. The sound was faint;it was as if it came out from a music box. 

Perfect and graceful- as expected from Ms. Kim.

When the last of the notes ended, Seulgi was caught off guard by when Ms. Kim suddenly asked her “Was she cute?”

“Who?”

“Seungwan’s friend.”

“…y-yes”

Seulgi didn’t know why, but right before she replied, Seulgi felt herself hesitating.

 

ALLIANCE OF 94s

Seulgi had no idea why she was standing infront of the hospital again, in the Hera, with the singer beside her. All she could remember was after Ms. Kim had visited or more likely pestered her - the singer showed up in the music room with a sour look on face at first, and how it suddenly turned serious when the singer brought up her childhood friend’s name,

 “Joohyun was saying she wanted to see you again.”

Seulgi didn’t know what to say to that. Usually, she would always refuse “no” and whether she would agree or not, depends on the convincing powers of the person. This time, Seulgi was hesitating.

“Joohyun is a hospital girl ever since on second grad and she’s only a daughter. Even though she once went to private all-girls school, she never made friends, only me. She would reason out, she was used being alone so I’m pretty much the only friend she has.” 

“I’ll go.” Seulgi replied,she doesn’t know where the courage came from. Seulgi didn’t know anything about Joohyun, and many ‘what’s’ swirling into her mind- What are they going to talk about? What kind of reaction she should show? What to do coming by herself in the hospital? 

“Are you coming in or not?” The singer had that arrogant look.

“Do you want me not?” Seulgi challenges then the singer groans before pushing Seulgi’s body inside the room where Joohyun is probably waiting.

Once inside, Seulgi was welcomed with Joohyun who sitting and as almost surrounded by kids, looking at Joohyun at the way kids waiting to get candy or chocolate.


If Seulgi could describe the kids, they look like an average elementary school kid, the only difference is they are not wearing school uniforms but a hospital gown, their mouths covered by white mask and one of the kid has a head wraps colored in light blue.

Seulgi already knows what these kids are going through. 

“Oh dear! Come in and listen to my story, Hurry up!” said a woman in fifties to her and there’s no way Seulgi can ever refuse to that when the kids are giving their toothless smilesand even Joohyun are expectantly looking at her direction.

Seulgi sit on the floor beside Joohyun, crossing her legs and look up at Joohyun who already had a satisfied smile on that pretty pale sick.

The old woman put out a box of cookies that made the kids squeal in delight and handed them some cookies. During the distribution, Joohyunscooted closer to her before whispering onto her ear “I’m glad you came! Did Wannie gave you a hard time?” and before Seulgi could reply, the old woman already caught Joohyun’s attention.

“Let’s see, now. What story should I tell you this time?” The old woman asks the kids—giving them a questioning look. The kids stopped from chewing to think.

“Enitingg gradnnmuah isssh faynne wid ushh~” 

“Okay, let’s see. Hmmm. Okay this one.” Upon deciding, the old woman pick up a doll and starts to story-tell. All the kids stopped from chewing and gave their full attention.

“I’m sorry! I’m sorry! I ate your cake without asking! I’m sorry, please forgive me!” The old woman voice suddenly changes and act out.

Seulgi heard the kids giggle.

“The kind Little Red Riding Hood said to the wolf “I forgive you, please have some. We’ll eat the cake together” “said the old woman while looking at the doll her left hand was holding.

“Then, the grandmother hiding inside the clock came out, and all three of them ate the cake together as friends. The end!”The old woman raises the board with a writing “The end” in bold and capitalized letters and showed it to the kids. The kids “yay!” in synched in pure happiness as they shouted “And they all lived happily ever after!”

Seulgi just by looking at the kids squealing in delight thinks it was too much for her and couldn’t control herself and mutters “Like hell” 

“Yeah” Joohyun probably heard Seulgi says that, and looks mockingly at the old woman in front. 

“Mrs. Lee is always like that.” Joohyun added.

“She’s just fooling the kids with “happily ever after” stuff.It , it is a hospital. In a terminal ward…” Seulgi’s tongue slip out at the last sentence, but Joohyun’s face doesn’t even react to it so Seulgi thought it was okay. 

“She does it for the kids, but it’s painful to watch” Joohyun says and it gave some whack to Seulgi’s head.

And Seulgi sure it was not okay, for Joohyun, and for her as well.

“Now, it’s our guest turn!” The old woman suddenly shouted and all the kids look at her, Joohyun also was smiling at her and when Seulgi asked Joohyun’s what is going on.

Joohyun grabs Seulgi’s hand and brought her in front before saying “It’s a tradition. There is a script written on the next story over there. Just read it and act it out, hehe! Sorry, Seulgi!” and with a playful smile, Joohyun rushes back on the floor- sitting, while Seulgi is there-- in front of the kids, her mind is full of panic, not knowing what to do.

When the kids start to clap, Seulgi had no choice but to do a story-telling as well. 

The title is called “The Crab and the Monkey”

Seulgi starts normal, she followed the scripts, even though she boringly holds and gives actions to the dolls.

“It’s so cold… The monkey came home shivering and the monkey approached the hearth… and the hot chestnut hit him…”

“Ow o wow! Where’s some water?...” Again, Seulgi boringly act like in pain. 

“Then the bee went buzz… sting…”

“Hey… hey… hey… Help me~…” said the monkey and went outside.”

“Then the mortar came….then whack! WHACK!” This time Seulgi’s right hand that is holding the mortar paper keeps hitting the Monkey doll in her left hand. 

Seulgi voice starts raising as she was completely immersed – completely forget the script, “This! This is what you get! You er ugly monkey! Reap what you sow! Hell is waiting!” 

And before Seulgi could say another curse words, the old woman hurriedly cut her off, snatches the dolls at her hand and continues with the script that Seulgi supposedly say--- “I’m sorry! I’m sorry! Please forgive me~” hearing that, made Seulgi inwardly sighs.


ALLI

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter