Prologue

Alliance of 94s
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once a friend told her that you were alive because you felt, and if you didn’t feel anything you were dead.

At the age of 10, she wrote her first original story. The second was when her asthma became pretty severe.

She expected that no one has seen her works because she would always hide the manuscripts and pushed it inside the big brown box in her bedroom. But the day had finally came when she reached 16, her parents found the manuscripts and harshly told her to drop whatever she’s planning to do with writing or making stories in the future and she should have focus on photography, to continue the studio her family is running. 

Seulgi felt it was - to be told what she wanted to be in herself in the future. But it’s like she can do anything about it? even though she enjoys writing, and finished two original stories- the thought of making money instead of stories is more important for her. 

She felt like an actress with a dim spotlight that suddenly got an offer that she doesn’t want to, but will do it anyway for the sake of her career and would try to see it as a big break for her.

But when she turns 18, a girl she has met asked her that completely distracted her.

She met this girl in a subway. Her name is Park Sooyoung.

Sooyoung had accidentally tripped over the stairs that time- unfortunately where Koreans had the busiest time. It was that kind of time where people would not bother looking at your face. They would treat you as if you don’t exist…it’s like they’re just by themselves with their own world.

And so they did to Sooyoung, her knees were bleeding and poor that ankles that has gotten sore couldn’t even lift an inch. Sooyoung had no one by her side before Seulgi decided to come in.

“Current society .” It was still clear to her memory how Sooyoung described the society them- teenagers- living on.  

“Current? So you say before was a good one?” 

Sooyoung laughed after, “Yes.” 

“Why do you say so?” 

“Say Seulgi, do you know story of the Eunah the girl in Mildaeng?

“Hmm.. Yes? The smartest girl who commits suicide because of bullying?”

“That’s it!” Sooyoung’s hand formed a big letter “O” and showed it to her with a delighted face.

“I can’t understand?” 

She heard Sooyoung frowned before she felt a smacked right on the left side of her head. “Listen, before, they would re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter