TWO

Runaway

 

Classes were getting along fine, she was glad of that. There were many things that she learnt during home-school, hence giving her an easier time here. Her classmates were fine. She tend to get along better with Heechul and Miyeon considering the former to be her self-proclaimed BFF and the latter to be her seat partner and they were really friendly people. She was starting to open up to them.

 

However, to interact better with her classmates proved to be a herculean task because she had never interacted with so many people at a time in her entire nineteen years of life. Hence, to others in her class, she was still the mystery girl. The awkward one.

 

Heechul and Miyeon tried to spread positive rumours about her and prevent the other classmates from calling her the ‘awkward one’. She appreciates their effort.

 

“Thanks guys,” she would express her gratitude with a wry smile.

 

-

 

Her phone vibrated in her pocket as she was preparing to leave class with Heechul and Miyeon for lunch break.

 

“Heechul, Miyeon. Why don’t you all go ahead first while I handle some private matters,” she gestured with her blinking phone in her hands.

 

“Kay, we’ll find you a seat at the canteen.Gidaryo,” they went off together, leaving Hae In to her own devices.

 

Slowly but surely, she made her way up to the rooftop of the school building. The silence and privacy embraced her and she answered the phone.

 

“HAE IN! HOW ARE YOU? ARE YOU FINE IN SEOUL? I KNOW IT MUST BE SO HARD FOR YOU TO ADAPT! I HOPE YOU’RE DOING FINE!” came the loud female voice from the other end.

 

“Hey hey, Minjung. Cool it. I’m fine. In Seoul now. Thanks for all your help! I’m sorry to use up your savings and I know it was difficult for you, keeping everything under wraps. I hope Jungsoo didn’t really do anything to you,” her tone was laced with guilt and regret.

 

If Minjung hadn’t helped her, she probably would not have reached Seoul and away from the clutches – well not everlastingly away, but it was still a temporary freedom she had – of her family. She most likely exhausted Minjung’s savings by asking her for an air ticket and a studio apartment to stay in while she pursued her freedom in Seoul. Minjung must have had a hard time trying to keep her disappearance a secret while exhausting all her connections to secure a place for her to settle in.

 

If there was anyone she truly regarded as important and vital to her, it would be Minjung. Minjung was her only connection to the real world outside since childhood.

 

“Oh no worries. They did not realize that you were gone until you were on that plane to Seoul. They really couldn’t do anything except comb the entire Incheon for you. I acted my way through, feigning surprise and shock while insisting I had nothing to do with your disappearance since I’ve not visited you in quite awhile due to my studies. Just…” she paused for a moment, her tone laced thick with concern and trepidation, “take of yourself. You know yourself the best. And…stay safe.”

 

“Yeah, I will,” she promised Minjung immediately, reassuring her that she will be able to take care of herself well.  

 

“I know I’m a party pooper by saying this but… they will get to you soon. Try to stay invisible,” she warned again.

 

“I know. Gomawo chinggu-ya,” Hae In tried to keep the emotions hidden before hanging up.

 

Suddenly, she felt the true weight of the burden that she is carrying around. She truly started to feel emotionally tired as the lethargy crept into her bones as she slowly lay down to look at the pale blue sky above. The rooftop provided a sanctuary of silence for her, allowing her to ponder over her matters.

 

However, the precious silence that embraced her was broken when she felt a shadow covering her face and herself staring up at the university’s uniform pants and a pair of expensive Nike dunks.

 

“So you ran away from home?” a resonant male voice asked.

 

She sat up and turned to look into a face that she found quite familiar but really could not identify with. He was a good-looking male by her standards with slightly curly dark brown hair.

 

“Do I know you?” she was puzzled and tried to hint to him that he was an unwelcomed presence.

 

“This is my rooftop,” she quirked an eyebrow at him as he proclaimed, “and I’m your classmate, Cho Kyuhyun.”

 

-

 

Fin.

 

-

 

I've decided to rewrite this whole story! HAHAHA. Well, it's firstly because the original story was getting out of hand, dragging in places and become so disjointed that it has no flow. Secondly, the POVs were messily done. Thirdly, the plot was going haywire and going in all directions that I don't even know how to continue it. Fourthly, the list could go on forever. 

 

I do hope that the readers will enjoy this more because this is a more planned-out story than the previous RUNAWAY. So do let me know your comments on the new storyline. Now that I've finally figured out what I want with this story, it's going to go back to "regularly updating" status! So please be happy about it and comment! THANKS TO ALL WHO SUPPORTED RUNAWAY :D This is Runaway - REVAMP. I do hope you all will enjoy reading it just as much as I enjoy planning it and writing it :D

 

Anneong :D