Prolouge

Runaway

 

Hurriedly, she packed a few of her favourite clothes into a simple haversack.

 

It’s tonight – tonight that she must leave this place which she deemed as hell – never is she going to come back. She hastily grabbed her handphone and her wallet from the dressing table at the side of her bed, and stopped abruptly when her eyes came into contact with the photo frame standing proud and tall on her dressing table.

 

It was her favourite photo.

 

“Oppa, mianhae. But you’ve changed and I must leave,” she could feel tears welling up in her eyes as her gaze continued to linger on the bright and cheerful smiles of her and him.

 

She slammed the photo frame down and walked lightly to the door. Taking one last glance at this room, this house where she grew up in, only made her feel nausea. Her grip on the straps of the bag tightened and she lightly opened the door, making sure that no noise is made.

 

It took skill to leave the huge house quietly because she did not want to alert the butler and the servants. It was this chance that she had been waiting for so long. After slipping through the gates, she stared up at the building. It was a magnificent red-brick building with European windows and red velvet curtains that cover it.

 

Though magnificent, she could not feel anything for it but disgust.

 

“Anyway, no one really cared about me. So, annyeong."

 

-

 

Fin.