7th Day - KaTalk, Confessions and Confusions?

first and second

*Katalk* Byul's phone received a notification from KakaoTalk. When she saw the sender of the message, her heart started racing again. The text made her so curious but she couldn’t ask why. "Omo." Adrenaline hit her that that was the only word she could utter.

***

Yongsun and Hyejin went to sleep early that night because they were so tired after the long, fun day they had. Wheein, on the otherhand, couldn't sleep that night after seeing Byul in the amusement park. She took her phone out and without the slighest hesitation, she messaged Byul on KakaoTalk. "Unnie.. let's meet tonight!" She looked at the time. "Ah it's still 10:24pm" she thought to herself and continued typing her message. "Come here at the resort right now. I don't know this place well so I couldn't meet you anywhere else. And don't worry about Yong unnie and Hyejin. They're deeply asleep right now, they won't know you came. I'll be waiting for you at the farthest cabana on the left. NO QUESTIONS ASKED. Just do what I say and palli!." She tapped on the "Send" button and went out to go to the cabana where she waited for Byul.

***

"Omo." She smirked at the words "no questions asked". She didn't want to waste any second so she rushed to get her wallet and put on a jacket. She took a taxi to the resort. "Please drive fast." Byul asked the driver in the best English she could. The driver nodded. Byul was relieved that there were not much vehicles on the road, so in just 45 minutes, she arrived at the resort. She quickly entered the resort and when she was near the last cabana, she slowed down. She wasn't having a hesitation, she was just trying to calm herself down because she was too excited to be with the girl who makes her heart beat fast. She still felt that it's wrong to have feelings for one of her best friends but she didn't care anymore. She thought she might just use that night's opportunity to confess to Wheein.

Wheein saw that Byul have read her message, so she waited there impatiently. She played some songs on her phone and listened to the sound of the waves. Before an hour passed, she messaged Byul again. "Unnie, are you coming?" Byul received the message. Fortunately, she was far enough for Wheein not to hear her notification sound of her phone. Byul was hiding behind a tree only a few meters away from Wheein. She received another message. "Unnie! Please reply! Please don't let me wait here forever. It's so cold out here."

Byul silently laughed. "Pfft. Lies. It's not even that cold." She thought to herself.

She finally walked towards the cabana and when she stood behind Wheein, the latter saw the girl's shadow and looked behind her. "Unnie!"

Byul quickly went inside the cabana and hugged Wheein. "You came!" Wheein said as she smiled from ear to ear.

"I didn't have a choice. I couldn't say no." Byul said and they both chuckled and sat down next to each other. "It's cold, huh?" Byul jokingly said and they both laughed.

"I was getting impatient. And I thought you were gonna bail me." Wheein pouted which made Byul smile and adore her even more.

"I felt like I didn't have the time to even decide if I should go or not. So I just came here as fast as I can" Byul said.

They just naturally sat there as they listened to the waves. They stayed silent for a few minutes. You know that feeling when you're with someone you like and just having that person's presence makes you so happy that you don't even mind if both of you talk or not, as long as that person's there? You don't have anything to ask for because what you need and want is right there, sitting beside you. That was what the two girls felt at that moment, not knowing that they felt the same thing.

Finally, Byul broke the silence. "So... why am I here?" she chuckled.

"Unnie, you need to know something."

Those words made Byul nervous. "What is it?" the latter asked.

Wheein sighed.

"Actually... I have something to--" Byul said so gently and quietly that Wheein didn't hear her so, the latter unconsciously cut her.

"I treasure and cherish my friendship with Hyejin, Yongsun unnie and you so much." The younger girl tightly closed her eyes as she emphasized the words "so much". "I would protect our friendship from anything that would break it. But... I think might be the one to break it."

Byul looked at her, confused. "What are you trying to say?"

Wheein's eyes started to gather tears and before one fell down her cheek, she said the words that she had been hiding from Byul. "I like you. I've never been sure about it until now that I confessed it to you with my mouth." Wheein started to cry and sob lightly.

Byul was shocked. She didn't know what to say but she was smiling. "Wheein-ah" she chuckled. "I have never thought that you liked me too."

The word "too" surprised Wheein. "What?" She asked.

Moonbyul was too happy she couldn't help but laugh. She was very happy to know that Wheein likes her back and she was glad that the latter's confession made it easier for her to confess too.

"Wheein-ah, I like you too", she laughed once again.

"What?" Wheein said again. She didn't feel right.

"What "what?". Why do you make it look like I said the opposite thing?" Moonbyul asked with confusion.

*** ***

Is it just me or did you guys also like this chapter? hehe I'm kinda proud of this. Although I'm proud of every chapter, but i feel like i'm improving chapter by chapter. I also feel like I'm getting better at making titles too ㅋㅋ. anyways, please comment and tell me how you think about this chapter and the whole story so far. And btw, thank you very much for subscribing! I feel very happy whenever I see new subscribers, it makes me wanna improve fast and work harder on this story haha.

Thanks for reading! :D