7th Day - Escaping Feelings

first and second

During the 1 and a half hour drive, Byul and Sunhye talked about the things that had happened in their lives for the past several months. 40 minutes before they arrived at their destination, Byul fell into a nap.

***

It was 5:33pm, on the 2nd day of their vacation. The 3 girls were sitting beside each other on a blanket that was laid out on the sand, waiting for the beautiful sunset. The sky was slowly getting orange, as if it was being painted by a skillful invisible artist. While Yongsun and Hyejin seemed to have calmed their worries about Byul, Wheein, on the other hand, was still thinking about the missing member. She couldn't stop thinking about her. Not just for the past couple of days but ever since she stopped seeing her as not just her friend.

Wheein was going crazy inside her head. Her eyes were getting watery as she looked at her phone's old messages with Byul. She wanted to text her but she knows the latter needs space for reasons that she didn’t know.

“Did I too much?" "Was it when I got frustrated with her and I actually sounded frustrated although, I wasn't trying to not sound frustrated?" "Or did I make her uncomfortable in some ways when I started to like her?" She thought "Why am I even thinking that this is all because of me?" All these questions circled around Wheein’s head as more questions and theories of possible reasons of Byul's disappearance added in, only to make her grow even more crazy about the situation. Wheein finally noticed herself overanalyzing things, so she put her phone down behind her feet and focused on the song being played on Hyejin’s phone. As the sun started to set, so did her over thinking mind began to calm.

***

A few miles away, at the same hour...

Byul closed her eyes for a few seconds, feeling the wind blow her hair behind her. She opened her eyes and she saw the beautiful sight of the sunset. She had seen sunsets many times in her 25 years of existence but this sunset seemed to be different. This is the most peaceful moment she had had during a sunset. She felt safe under the orange, dark sky. She sat in the sand, far enough for the little waves to reach her toes, closed her eyes again, breathed in deeply, slightly opened her lips and slowly breathed out the warm air from her lungs. Suddenly, something gleamed at the back of her head. It's the thought of Wheein. "Tsk!", she frowned with her eyes closed and whispered to herself, "Stop thinking about her! Stop it! Stop! You know this is wrong!" Before she could open her eyes again, tears uncontrollably fell down her cheeks. She took a deep breath again and wiped her tears with the back of her hands. She heard a voice calling her. "Byulie unnie! Let's go have dinner! I know a good restaurant close by." Byul turned around to see her friend and flashed a big smile. "Okay, leggo!"

*** ***

i'll work on the next chapter as fast as i can. please ignore my grammatical errors (and the other errors im sure are there), english is not my first language nor my second haha so yeah, you get the point. and please tell me what you think about this chapter and the first one! keke thanks for reading yeorobun!