7th Day - Chapter 6 (Plot Twist ver.) "Doing The Right Thing?"

first and second

"Byul-ah", a soft, shaky voice spoke behind the two girls. They looked around and they saw Yongsun in tears. "What did I just hear?"

Byul panicked inside her head so she couldn't answer her right away, while Wheein was in shock and hundreds of questions began to float above her head.


"What do you mean you like Wheein?" Yongsun continued.

"Unnie, I will explain" Byul said.


“If you like her, then what am I? What am I to you? You two-timing me?”


"What the heck?! You two are together? Unnie!" Wheein looked at Byul with confusion and anger manifested in her eyes.


"Let me talk." Byul said quietly. She stopped for a few seconds to think. She scratched her head and continued, "I used unnie to get over you. I thought it was going to help me get over my feelings for you. Since unnie confessed that she liked me, I took the opportunity and asked her to be my girlfriend. Although unnie didn't really want to be in a relationship with me, I still persisted despite the possible consequences."


"Unnie, how dare you! You really wanna ruin our friendship like this?" Wheein said to Byul as she started to cry and then turned to Yongsun, "Unnie, I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have confessed my feelings to her at all.


"Wheein-ah, don't apologize. This is all my fault. I'm so sorry." Byul turned to the older girl, "Yongsun unnie, let’s end our relationship now."


Yongsun chuckled in disbelief, "You even have the guts to initiate the break up with me, huh? Freak you! We're done. And by "done", I mean “us” and our friendship." Yongsun shook her head at Byul as she started to sob and went back to their room where Hyejin was left alone.


"Unnie, what happened to you? Why are you crying?" Hyejin hugged her unnie.
Yongsun didn't talk, she couldn't. She just cried herself out in her friend's arm.

***

"Unnie! Look what you've done! Why the hell would you do that?! You're so selfish!"


"I know, Wheein. I knew it was selfish. I'll try to fix this, okay?"


"Fix this? How? You broke your best friends' trust, you broke our years of friendship. Now, try to fix that!"


Byul was lost for words. There's only one thing she knows that will help her best friends stay together. It didn't matter to her if they forgot about her. She just wanted to save, at least, her friends' friendship from falling apart. She ran to the water and swam as far as she could.


"Unnie! What are you doing? Unnie!!!" Wheein ran to where Yongsun and Hyejin was. "Byu- Byulie unnie..." She stuttered and then gasped for air. "She's trying to drown herself!"

 

The two girls were shocked and started running outside and saw Byul floating in the ocean.

Hyejin, the one who was more in the sane state among the girls, went to call for help. She called the front desk to ask for help. In just a few minutes, the lifeguards came to save Byul. The 3 girls were hoping and praying that their friend will be okay. They didn't think of what happened earlier anymore. They realized that their friendship is more important than the mistake Byul made.

 

Byul did the thing she thought was the most selfless thing, which was to completely erase herself from her friends' lives so they could continue living without the one who made the greatest mistake-- destroy their friendship. But it was also selfish because she didn't think of what the people who loves and cares for her would feel and how they would suffer when she leaves and disappears from them forever.

 

***

 

“Why did this have to happen? I didn’t want to lose my best friends. I would rather disappear than see them fall apart just because of some stupid mistake I made for something called "love"… if it's even really the thing that I felt.” Byul stood next to her body that was laying in a hospital bed. She held a knife above her... she was going to stab herself. But before the knife touched her, she heard familiar voices of girls crying. She realized, yes, she was saving the friendship of her friends but she's tearing them apart individually. So, she stopped what she was doing and dropped the knife. The sound of the knife dropping on the floor woke her up from her dream.

 

Hyejin noticed Byul move a little. She tapped Yongsun's shoulder. "Unnie, Byullie unnie moved."

 

The three girls came close to Byul. Wheein held Byul's left hand, while Hyejin held the latter's right hand and Yongsun was next to Hyejin.

 

Byul opened her eyes and tears started to flow.

 

"Unnie? How are you feeling? Hyejin asked as she squeezed the latter's hand.

 

"Byul-ah, are you okay?" Yongsun's voice cracked as she said this.

 

"Unnie... Don't ever do that again, okay? You didn't have to do that." Wheein said said as she sobbed uncontrollably.

 

"I hope you forgive me. I'm really sorry... for everything." Byul quietly uttered these words with all sincerity.

 

"We forgive you." The 3 girls simultaneously responded.

 

"Our friendship is stronger than any obstacles, right?" Hyejin said as she tried to smile.

"Yes." "Right." The girls agreed.

 

*** ***

Guys!!! I need your help. I need to decide which version of Chapter 6 that I should continue this story with: this dramatic "plot twist" version or the "no plot twist" version?