Final

Can You Hear My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Miyoung expected a lot of things happening in her first year of university, developing a crush on one of her classmates wasn’t one of them. As weird as it might sound, Miyoung had never had a crush, so it’s understandable that the girl’s best friend, Lynn, is having the time of her life. Miyoung teased the latter so bad throughout high school for all the crushes and boyfriends she had and Miyoung is finally in her friend’s shoes, oh sweet revenge.

“Your boyfriend is here.” Lynn declares when Miyoung’s crush enter the class. They are at a lecture hall, and the place is already half full. Miyoung watches as the boy goes to sit two rows in front of them, appreciating his tall figure and broad shoulders. “Oh god, stop staring you creep.” Lynn hisses, pinching Miyoung’s side.

Miyoung grunts, holding into her side in pain. “Leave me alone.” She mumbles, not looking back at Lynn though to glare at her like she would have done normally. Instead, her eyes are stuck on the back of Mingyu, on his smooth black hair and the way his white button up shirt fit him perfectly.

“You’re drooling.” Lynn deadpans.

Miyoung wipes the corner of even though she knows her friend is just exaggerating. She wouldn’t literally drool over Mingyu, okay maybe she would, but she isn’t right now and that’s what really matters. “Is it even legal?”

“What is?” Lynn asks absent-mindedly, jotting down song lyrics on the table with her eraser pen.

 “Being this attractive.”

Lynn scoffs. “It’s not but Wonwoo still exists.” Miyoung’s groan after that is painful, as she pushes Lynn’s shoulder, ruining the girl’s writing. “Can you not include him in at least one conversation?”

Lynn shrugs nonchalantly, before pouting at her ruined work. “You’re here thirsting over Mingyu every day, but you don’t hear me complaining.”

“But did you see how hot he ing is?” Miyoung yells, catching the attention of some people around them. Noticing their stares, Miyoung smiles sheepishly at them.

“Yeah, I see I see.” Lynn mutters, eyes focused on the table and her scribbling.

Miyoung sighs, before resting her cheek on her back and resuming staring at Mingyu.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The two best friends have lunch together before going apart. They don’t share afternoon classes, and that usually makes Lynn feel bummed, but considering how Wonwoo has these classes with her, she looks like she’s on cloud nine at this point. Miyoung directs her a bitter look, complaining that her friend would give her up just to get a word from Wonwoo. It gets even worse when Lynn bites her lip, trying to act like that’s not what she would exactly do. Miyoung catches quickly into that though, having known the girl for a while, and sulks childishly.

“But his voice is so deep, I would sell my soul just to hear one word from him.” Lynn reasons out, voice high pitched the way it gets when the girl gets over defensive.

“B-but, but,” Miyoung whimpers. “I thought we are soulmates.”

“We are. But I just said I would sell my soul.” Lynn reminds before bursting out laughing.

Miyoung punches Lynn’s arm. “Our friendship is cancelled. Don’t talk to me ever again.”

Lynn pouts, linking her arm with her friend and clinging to her side. “But baby, I love you.”

“Excuse me.” Miyoung says with a tight voice, pushing Lynn off her. “Do I know you?”

“Just go, leave.” Lynn whines, kicking Miyoung away. “I don’t accept this kind of toxin in my life. Go Mingyu’s or something.”

Miyoung literally moans at that. “I would ing love to.”

“Goddammit.” Lynn curses. “Now I can imagine you under the table giving him head in the middle of the class. I need to pour bleach into my eyes”

“That’s what am talking about baby.” Miyoung exclaims excitedly. “I should totally do that.”

“Miyoung, no.”

“Miyoung, yes.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When Miyoung gets to class, Mingyu is already there. The seat behind him, and the one she usually takes, is thankfully still empty. She sits there, trying not to exhale deeply, just to get a whiff of Mingyu’s cologne. And no, she really isn’t a creep, like Lynn called her earlier. But Mingyu just smells so good, every single day. She still doesn’t know how he manages to be flawless in everything and so effortlessly, life is really unfair.

The teacher soon enters, shushing them and starting with the lesson. Miyoung bites down a groan, she hates this teacher. He is an old man and his monotonous voice always bores her to sleep. Miyoung rests her head on the table, effectively hiding behind Mingyu’s built form. Now the groan that she bites down has nothing to do with the teacher, but rather the male sitting in front of her. Her thoughts start drifting as she closes her eyes in hopes of getting some sleep. ‘I can imagine you under the table giving him head in the middle of the class’, Lynn’s words from earlier suddenly ring loud and clear in her mind and her eyes shoot wide open. Miyoung pinches her inner thigh, hoping the pain will magically erase the words from her head. She doesn’t want to think about Mingyu’s when he’s sitting right in front of her. But her attempts of thinking of anything else are futile, and Miyoung is all about not giving up but there’s no helping to this. She’s going to be shameless and think about having someone ing , when that said someone is right in front of her. Nothing wrong about that, not like anyone is eavesdropping into her thoughts.

 Miyoung pictures herself pushing Mingyu’s table a bit, before she goes to straddle him on his chair. The smirk she imagines on his face is cunning, and Miyoung kisses it off his face, her fingers playing with the ends of his hair. Mingyu glides his hands up the girl’s thighs, making her breath hitches. His hands stop at her hips, as he clutches her tightly and pushes her closer to him. Mingyu swallows the moan that escapes Miyoung’s lips, their kiss going from their lips slowly moving against each other to Mingyu slipping his tongue inside and trying to devour her.

Miyoung breaks the kiss soon, Mingyu looks down at her with a raised eyebrow and a small smirk and she kisses that off his lips again before leaving open-mouthed kisses on his sharp jawline. If it was reality, Miyoung wouldn’t have broken the kiss as fast, wanting to savor the feel of Mingyu’s lips and tongue for longer. But this is all in her head, and she wants to get to the best part already, before someone interrupts her thoughts. She doesn’t waste much time after that, kneeling down in front of Mingyu just after she has left a red bruise under the boy’s jaw. Mingyu is sporting a tent under his pants and Miyoung smirks at that, before helping him out of said pants. He’s left in his black boxers, and Miyoung starts mouthing his clothed , her hands pressing his thighs down.

The girl is broken from her trance when Mingyu, the actual one and not the one she is about to his in her head, stands up abruptly. The teacher looks at him questionably, and so does most of the class. Miyoung stares at his back in confusion, sadly not being able to see his facial expression and try to guess his sudden action. “I need to go out for a second.” Mingyu says with an urgent tone, and Miyoung can picture an alarmed expression on his face now.

“Uh, okay, I guess.” The teacher mutters with a shrug, before he turns back to the board. Mingyu rushes out the class with that, leaving no room for anyone to talk to him. Miyoung sighs, now with Mingyu not there anymore, she’s no longer hidden from the teacher’s gaze and can no longer go back to her prior thoughts. But maybe that’s a good idea, she would be having a if she were a boy at this point, but being a girl doesn’t mean she can be imagining ographic scenes in class just like that. She can return back to that when she’s back in the safety of her own dorm.

 

 

 

 

 

“I hate you.”

Lynn rolls her eyes, it’s the morning of the next day, which means it’s too early for her to be dealing with Miyoung’s bull. “Yeah, I know. And you’re also in love with Kim Mingyu. Tell me something I don’t know.”

Miyoung’s eyes widen in alarm, as she pinches Lynn’s thigh. “He could have heard you, . Do you want me to go find Wonwoo and tell him how YOU have a crush on him.”

Lynn pinches Miyoung back, glaring at her friend. “First, Mingyu can’t hear us, he’s like on the other side of the class, and second, Wonwoo doesn’t have morning classes today.”

“Okay, first, the place is almost empty so even though he’s far he might be able to hear us. And second, how do you know that, you stalker?”

“I am not a stalker.” Lynn whines. “I just have a good knowledge about Jeon Wonwoo.”

“That’s exactly what a stalker does.” Miyoung deadpans.

Lynn shrugs, like she doesn’t think what she is doing is creepy one bit. “Why do you hate me though?”

Miyoung sighs. “Keep it quiet, but yesterday I ended up thinking of giving Mingyu head while he was sitting right in front of me, how ed up is that?”

“YOU THOUGHT OF -“Lynn doesn’t get to finish her screaming because Miyoung literally leaps on her, sending the two stumbling on the table. “Shut your hole.”

“okay, okay. Sorry.” Lynn apologizes, pushing Miyoung off her. “But how thirsty are you?”

“Tell me you never had inappropriate thoughts about Wonwoo while he was in the same class, I ing dare you.” If the blush on Lynn’s cheeks isn’t much of an indicator, then her panicked eyes that are avoiding her friend’s are very telling. “You .” Miyoung spats.

“You are the one who Mingyu’s .” Lynn whisper-yells.

“I wish I ing did.” Miyoung mutters wistfully.

“Now that’s a .” Lynn shakes her head in disapproval, sticking her tongue out at her friend when the latter glares at her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Are you thinking about riding him now?” Lynn whispers to Miyoung in the middle of the class, Miyoung sends her a dirty look.

“Do you want to tarnish my reputation.”

“You are doing that to yourself. And really, were you?”

“I wasn’t thinking of riding him, shut the up.” Miyoung glares at Lynn, trying not to let on the fact she’s lying. Because she might not have been thinking of riding him, but she was indeed thinking of a certain Kim.

Lynn smirks. “You were so thinking of him right now.”

Miyoung pouts. “How can you tell?”

“I am just amazing that way.” Lynn declares, flipping her hair with sass and her friend rolls her eyes. Silence falls back between them, and Miyoung thinks that’s the end of their conversation. But Lynn suddenly says. “Imagine if someone can read minds, they would be so ing scarred from your thoughts.”

“My thoughts?” Miyoung almost yells this, before reminding herself that they are still in class. “Did you mean your thoughts?”

“My thoughts are pure and soft shut the up.” Lynn complains.

“Just last time you were like ‘how big do you think Wonwoo is? I hope he’s not too big that I can’t him’. You aren’t fooling anyone Lynn Tuan.” Miyoung accuses.

“Now that’s what I call pure. But maybe not very soft.” Lynn jokes and Miyoung rolls her eyes.

“Yeah right. And for the record, if someone did read minds, which is a crazy thought Lynn what’s wrong with you, they would have dropped out already. Who can survive all the pining we two do?”

Lynn chuckles. “So true, I creep myself with my thoughts most of the times.”

“Me too.”

“You get creeped with your thoughts too?” Lynn asks in surprise.

“No.” Miyoung deadpans. “I get creeped out by the thoughts that you say aloud.”

Lynn scowls. “Yeah, says the girl who thought about in the middle of class.”

“Can we not talk about that? Ever?”

Lynn smirks slyly. “Nope.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It’s only after a week, when Miyoung is in class, wondering how someone as attractive as Mingyu exists, does she remember Lynn’s words. The girl doesn’t believe in bull like that, reading minds and what not. But she likes to let her mind wonder into random things like this. If someone did read her mind, would they have told her about it? Would they be listening to her right now and laughing? Miyoung glances around at the people behind her, no one seems to be laughing or listening to her. Now she feels really crazy, but also very insecure. She would rather be called crazy for being paranoid over someone possibly hearing her thoughts when someone like that doesn’t even exist, rather than be oblivious when said person did in fact exist.

Miyoung knows that if someone is eavesdropping on her thoughts, whatever absurd thought she might have won’t get her a reaction from them. They already heard her swoon over Mingyu and be the most whipped person there is already. So, she decides to do something more obnoxious, hoping it’s enough to get a reaction, if a mind reader is really there that is.

Miyoung suddenly starts screaming in her head, pressing her hand on so she doesn’t unconsciously let out a sound. And in that exact moment, Mingyu jumps. The girl’s breath hitches, she feels like the world just stopped. That can’t be real, it’s just a very weird coincidence. Haha, you got me there world, very funny; she thinks, but is surprised again when she hears a chuckle escapes Mingyu. Now it’s becoming scary more than funny to the girl, as she feels her hand shaking on her lap. She isn’t sure what scares her more, a mind reader existing in real life, or that mind reader being Mingyu. Her whole life will fall into shambles if it’s actually Kim Mingyu.

Are you really hearing all of this you ? ANSWER ME IF YOU ARE, YOU CAN’T BE LISTESNING TO ALL OF THIS YOU MOTHERER, I WOULD RATHER KILL MYSELF HOLY SHI-

Mingyu is laughing loudly now, the sound clear even when he’s trying to muffle it with his hands. Miyoung’s face drops, every color leaving it as she sits there dumbfounded. She sits there lifeless, what might be happening dawning in here slowly, and before she can hear the teacher asking Mingyu what’s so funny, Miyoung is bolting out of her seat and out of the class.

She skips the rest of her classes for the day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You are ing insane, I can’t believe you.” Lynn says. She’s laying lazily in her bed, having skipped her classes too and rushed to their dorm after Miyoung texted her to do so immediately.

“Lynn.” Miyoung exclaims, pacing around the room nervously. “That’s too much of a coincidence. There’s no ing way all of his reactions weren’t to my thoughts.”

“Are you even listening to yourself? You are telling me your crush is a mind reader, and heard all your ing thoughts about him. Miyoung honey, please. Even I still didn’t go that crazy.”

Miyoung stares back at Lynn, and the latter is shocked to find her friend’s eyes teary. “I am serious Lynn, believe me.”

Lynn jumps from her place, going to Miyoung and holding her steady from both her elbows. “I am serious too, this is just some twisted bull life is throwing at you. Don’t worry about it.”

“But that was scary, and very in time. I can’t stop thinking of how he ing jumped when I screamed in my head.”

Lynn hugs her friend, brushing the latter’s hair with her fingers soothingly. “It was nothing, you will see tomorrow.”

Miyoung hugs her back, nuzzling her face into her neck. “I really hope so.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Miyoung doesn’t find it in herself to be around Mingyu, which results in her skipping all classes she shares with him, which are most of her classes. She only goes to her literature class in the afternoon, one she shares with both Lynn and Wonwoo. And her friend’s infatuation over Wonwoo gives her laugh and by the end of the day she’s in a better mood than the prior day.

She bids goodbye to Lynn, who’s going to her last class, while Miyoung is leaving to the dorm. Lynn promises her that she will get ice cream in her way back and Miyoung beams at her. And with that they part ways. Miyoung is close to the gate, glad that the day has come to an end, when a hand holds her forearm. She turns around in alarm, heart skipping when she finds Mingyu looking back at her. Mingyu starts dragging her back into the university, and Miyoung is too puzzled and shocked to react, letting her crush pull her around with him.

They finally reach a bench in an excluded place in campus, and he pushes her to sit on it, while he just stands facing her. “Are you avoiding me?” Mingyu finally asks. Miyoung isn’t sure what’s shocking her more, the fact that he’s talking to her for the first time or the fact the he noticed she wasn’t in class. Why would I tell you if I was; She thinks bitterly, before remembering that if this whole drama happening right now is real then he must be able to hear what she’s saying.

Mingyu doesn’t say anything though, and just bore holes into her. Miyoung folds her arms, glaring back at Mingyu. I am not speaking to you until you stop acting like you don’t hear me, punk;

“You are not answering me.”

Yes, I was avoiding you, er;

“Stop cursing me.”

“I didn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter