Snow white and the little mermaiD

In a Ditch
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

N/A

Fairy Tale au

SaiDa 2Yeon MiChaeng 

######################

Once upon a time, in a small village away from the civilization, a young gal named Dahyun lived in a small hut almost away from the village. This kid has a white porcelain skin, an irresistable chocolate eyes, and a beautiful sharp nose. She was the village's next Snow White except -- her life wasn't that luxurious or that she couldn't communicate with animals. She's just a normal joe.

Her parents were farmers. Her dad owned a small farm which rice and corn were grown healthily. Her mother has a poultry where they took care their animals. While her brother was a warrior dedicated to take care of their village. He was a village guard.

They were always busy so Dahyun had dedicated almost all her time serving and be the energy of the family or more likely - to the whole village.

She was called the hyper Snow White for a reason.


Dahyun stood beside their wooden door and stared at the horizon. The sun was hiding from the mountain and the yellow orange calming rays radiated from the wide horizon. And there was soothing air which made the green leaves dance wonderfully.

She carried the tray which she put her home-made bread and 2 glasses of water. She also brought with her a basket of apples. Glancing at her mother and father, Dahyun felt happy to see them again. Her dad was plowing. He was wearing a hat and cloth just enough to protect his skin. While her mom was on the side checking their vineyard.

"I'll leave your food here," Dahyun's voice was not that loud but it was heard by her parents. Her mom waved her hands as she mouthed 'enjoy your school' while her dad shouted, 'be careful and take care!' Dahyun smiled at them in reply and shouted "see you next week. bye mom, bye dad." She said as she went back to their house, and took her knitted bags from their chair. One in her back and one for her shoulder. She also carried one plastic bag with her which was full of apples. When she got out of their house, she sent another good byes to her parents and added this time, "Tell Oppa I miss him a lot!"


The young kid wore simple shirt and a pants that was enough to protect herself from the hot temperature and enough to look presentable in school.

She let her eyes explore her way. She saw the bouquet seller and when their eyes met, Dahyun wore her sweetest smile. "Good morning Miss Shou. This one is for you" she handed one apple to her. "These 2 apples are for Soojung and Sohyun"

"I wonder where you get a lot of red apples when we don't have apple tree here. Anyway, thank you Dahyun" Miss Shou replied while waving her lovely flowers.

Dahyun did the same to all villagers. She greeted them all as she handed them apples and they thanked her happily.

It took 30 minutes before she reached a boat made for her. When Eunwoo-- the fisherman-- saw the girl, he immediately helped her approach the boat. He carried the bag hanging from Dahyun's shoulder and he offered his free hand to her as though Dahyun was a princess. But the latter chuckled and shook her head. "You don't need to treat me like that, oppa."

Eunwoo chuckled as he lowered his hand and gestured Dahyun to hop on the boat. "But you're a princess."

The kid pouted as she sat and looked at her fellow villager. "I'm not."

The flustered oppa smiled as how humble their little villager was. "Yes, you're a princess." He pointed at his chest, "In our hearts."

Dahyun wanted to laugh from the cheesy line but she knew Eunwoo was just too kind to be laughed at. She entered the boat and placed her things. The plastic bag reminded her that 3 more apples were left. Without hesitation, she handed it to her fellow villager.

"Does these 3 means 'I love you'?" Eunwoo grinned making Dahyun scoff.

"It means 'Always be careful'," She said with her beautiful smile leaving Eunwoo stare at her in awestruck.

"If you're not my bestfriend's younger sister, and I didn't promise to never like you, I might have fallen for you." He replied as he swung the plastic bag to his shoulder.

"Good to hear then, because I don't want to hurt oppa's heart a lot." Dahyun chuckled.

Eunwoo clutched his chest as though hurting. "That hurts though."

The two chuckled until Eunwoo shooed her away.

"Bye, Eunwoo oppa. See you next week. I hope when I come back, you already have a wife."

Eunwoo laughed as he waved his hands. He watched as Dahyun started the motor for her journey. In his eyes, it showed how much he valued their little villager. Who would not be? Dahyun was the energy of this village. She represented a great joy for all of them. When they were down, Dahyun was ready to start a show just to cheer the whole village. She really was the treasure of this place.

That's why they decided her to be the village's representative to the Fairy Tale School. She has the quality to be one of the lovely ladies we read from stories. And no one objected when they pointed her to be the one.


It took another approximately 30 minutes before Dahyun finally reached the town where she studied. The island was smaller than their village. It was fully for their school.

A tall gate was on her front as she hooked her boat to one of the posts. This wooden gate opened as soon as the guard saw her and so she entered, carrying her bags.

There were 3 buildings in sight. The two were a castle-like buildings dedicated for royalties. One on the right and one on the left. The building on the right was the girl's dormitory or for some reason, it was named as the Princess's castle. Which she thought was irony to her since she's just a peasant. On the right was the boy's dormitory or the Prince's Castle. Then the other building was located at the center of the village which was also known as their school.

She entered the 5-foot door of the princess's castle where in sculpted pictures of books and pens glued like trophies. On the side, there were tables as where they could rest if they want to. There were 3 pillars on each sides of the wide isle. Then above, the ceiling have 2 beautiful chandeliers.

This was their dorm's lobby. On the end of the long isle was their stair which led to their respective rooms.

Dahyun walked at the red carpet as she clutched her two bags full of her things. She climbed the stairs and walked to the right mezanine as she looked for her room. As she walked, she saw some of the doors open. There were students inside, dressed with their beautiful gowns--shouting as princesses.

Dahyun saw room 104 and there was her classmate Mina sitting at her bed while reading a book. She was a princess-like classmate. Her way of sitting was elegant. She has a long black hair and if you look closer, a visible mole beside her nose was present which they say its her asset.

As soon as Mina noticed someone walking outside, she immediately lifted her head and looked at the person. When she recognized the latter, Mina lowered the book and smiled at Dahyun. "Hello Dahyun, Descendant of Snow White." She greeted the other.

Dahyun smiled and replied, "Good Morning, Princess Mina, Descendant of Belle." She said as she bowed.

"Is your roommate here already?" Mina asked.

Dahyun shrugged as she thinks. " I haven't entered my room," She pointed at her bags. "How about you? Are you alone for the week again?"

Mina shook her head and pointed at the other bed beside her and there were bags scattered. "She came here early but I haven't seen her."

Dahyun nodded and when no more topic to discuss, she dismissed herself and continued walking.


In this school, all students were from different villages where in the lovely fairy tale characters have their own descendants. In Dahyun's case, she was from the same village as Snow White. She may not be blood related with her but she was undoubtfully a descendant of Snow White. For Mina, She's the grand grand grand daughter of the one of the villagers from Belle's original place. She told her she wasn't really that related when they met the descendant of the Beast. (She wanted to point out she's not related to the Beast)

Dahyun walked until she reached the room 120. She took her key out of her pocket and opened the door. As soon as she turned the knob, the door was pulled jerking her inside. She screamed at the sudden pull and stumbled -- face planted to the floor.

"Hello Dahyun!" Dahyun could only sigh at her roommate's way of greeting. Was making her hurt a greeting?

"Good morning, Chaeyoung. Descendant of the Beast" Dahyun said as she pushed herself up from the floor but immediately been pushed down as Chaeyoung decided to sit on her back. Dahyun was disgruntled.

"Will you drop the formality? We're friends so what's the point of calling each other's title?" Chaeyoung growled like a real beast.

Dahyun tried to push herself up again but she couldn't, so she gave up "It's school's policy, Chaeyoung. When you meet someone, greet them as prince and princess. Besides, I'm just a peasant." She struggled to talk.

"You're too obedient. Seriously, who cares if you're a descendant of this character or that character? Just to say you have a great relative?" Chaeyoung asked.

"I'm not related with Snow White." Dahyun could only sigh. She's just from the same village as her.

"Well, the point is, we are we. There's no need to voice out where we came from." Dahyun sighed again at her babbling roommate who couldn't say this opinion to anyone except her and their other friend.

"I know. So can you help me already?" Dahyun asked and finally, Chaeyoung released her. Dahyun stood up and looked at Chaeyoung. She was on the same height as her. Her hair was short unlike other princesses. She have a cute baby cheeks and her unlined teeth were cute too. Then just below her lip was a beautiful mole.

"So how's your village?" Chaeyoung asked as she help the latter to her things. Dahyun started telling her about her village until it was time for them to attend school.


----

The two entered the 3rd building located at the middle of the two castles. The door was larger than their dormitory's. And inside were statues of all the fairy tale characters. It was almost so real except they were made of stone. Dahyun bowed to Snow White's statue and when they past the Beast, Chaeyoung only snickered and mumbled something that in Dahyun's perspective, it sounded like irritation. Dahyun shook her head and walked to their classroom.

They entered their room located at the third floor. Dahyun sat at the back row together with her friend. As they waited for their classmates, they watched every person who enter. She would wave to those she knew while Chaeyoung would only fold her arms in her chest and would glare at everyone who would have an eye contact with her.

There were 2 reactions from their classmates seeing them. First, they would wave back to Dahyun then they'll freeze in worry as they see Chaeyoung glaring at them.

Dahyun sighed heavily as she noticed how Chaeyoung glare at them. She forced the latter to face her. Eyes showing glows as she said in her calmest voice, "Why don't you try smiling too? It's not that bad to do so."

Chaeyoung looked back at her with a raised brow. She even rolled her eyes as she replied, "I don't smile" she dropped annoyingly.

Dahyun scoffed. "Of course you do. Try forming a smile."

"Don't want to" Chaeyoung hissed. But the other just pushed the edge of her lips upward.

"Come on" Dahyun said. And was so happy when she heard Chaeyoung said fine, she waited for her to form a smile. Chaeyoung opened then shut them close. She forcefully formed a smile. Her lips were quivering and when Dahyun saw that it was already Chaeyoung's smile, she dropped her head to her table while looking hopelessly to her friend. If anyone will see that smile, they'll be terrified. Chaeyoung's cute but she can't smile. How's that possible?

"Good morning" the two sat up properly as their teacher's voice echoed in the room. Dahyun immediately looked at her. She has a big round eyes.

This teacher of them was called Miss Park Jihyo. She was young but her position in school was so high. Not only was she a teacher but also their guidance counselor. No one knew how and why.

"What did we discuss last week?" Jihyo asked as she approach her desk. She faced the class and scanned the room.

"Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Hansel and Gretel, then you said you would discuss about the chain curse." One of the girls in front said.

When Jihyo discussed about Snow White, Dahyun was so uncomfortable in her chair. It was actually always the case. When a fairy tale character was discussed, the descendant of her/him, felt threatened. Specially for those characters who suffered a lot. Dahyun was terrified to listen as how a witch could just poison Snow White just because she's the prettiest. It was the same with Chaeyoung. The Beast was known as heartless. And so they think Chaeyoung was heartless. Discussing their past made others think the descendants were the same.

Jihyo nodded and when her eyes landed to a vacant chair, she sighed. "Princess Sana is absent again?" Her eyes darted to Mina who was Sana's roommate. Mina was sitting at the front.

Mina shrugged. "I saw her things placed in her bed. But I haven't seen her."

Jihyo could only sigh. "I've been waiting for her to attend this class so that we could all share about the life of her ancestor. But I guess I'll just discuss it without her." Jihyo approached the board and she scribbled some time table to the board.

Dahyun leaned her chin to her palm while her elbow was pressed on her table. She squinted her eyes as she tried to read what was Jihyo writing. Not only her who thinks like this 'Princess Sana is lucky for she won't be embarrassed hearing her fellow villager's past. Or is she blood related? I don't really know. We're not that close.'


It had been 2 hours since Jihyo started to tell the story. The students all have their heads pressed in their tables. Some of them had fallen asleep while others were fighting the urge to do not so. Dahyun, as always, stayed awake as she listened to the story. She had remembered all the fairy tale stories. Because she has a lot of queries about these characters.

She looked at her side and saw Chaeyoung with her cheek pressed on her table and hands whimpily on the air. She has open and a little bit drooling. Dahyun grabbed a piece of paper and prepared herself to drop it to the latter's mouth but Jihyo's ending speech stopped her.

"Ariel vanished in the air. It was a sad story. She had sacrificed her life just to meet the love of her life. Unfortunately, the guy didn't love her. And if she wasn't loved, she will vanish. She disappeared because the curse that only the love of the guy could break, wasn't removed to save her." Dahyun looked at Jihyo who has sitted on her chair and she was staring at her desk. It might because she's sad only few were listenning or because the story was depressing.

Mina raised her hands making Jihyo smile as someone was interested to learn. "Does that mean, Princess Sana is also cursed?"

"Is she bloodily related to Ariel?" Jihyo asked making the students who were awake think thoroughly. Ariel died because she wasn't loved by the guy then she vanished. There's no way she got married and had a child. So that means she's not related to Ariel.

Mina shook her head. "I don't think she's related."

Jihyo then looked at the board. "I think I need to discuss it already." She stood up. "I've said last week I'll discuss about the curse. Listen" She almost shouted which cued our some asleep classmates to wake up. We waited for them to fully gather their thoughts. I saw Chaeyoung still asleep so I threw the crumpled paper to her face--exactly to . She woke up immediately and when her eyes landed to mine, she stared at me angrily as she removed the paper in .

"The chain curse is the chain effect of the curses our ancestors had received. For example, I am descendant of Aurora (sleeping beauty). There is a chance that the curse where in she was pricked and she stayed asleep for so long might happen to me as well. It's a predicted thing to happen.this is the chain curse that we call." All the students listenned to her well. But some of them already knew this. Those students who were individually called at the guidance office.

"If you are not related to them, there's 20% the chain curse is within you. If you're related to them, the chain curse is 80% within you." Someone gasped. But no one dared to look for the source. They were busy trying to understand the chain curse while others were considering if they have the chain curse.

Dahyun was just staring at Jihyo. She knew about the curse because a lot of people kept giving her apples. And apple was the food that made Snow White asleep. So she's not safe with them. Jihyo told her to let her consult the apple first before she eats them. So whenever she receives apple, she immediately give them to Jihyo. And when Jihyo would say it's safe, she will still not eat it. Instead, she would give it to her fellow villagers. So all this time, Dahyun had never tasted an apple. She will never and never consider eating one.

"Stupid chain curses" she heard Chaeyoung mumbled to her sit.

----

It was time for them to attend their next subject. They both went to their own lockers. Dahyun stared at her locker for so long while Chaeyoung immediately openned her's revealing 1 red rose inside. Chaeyoung sighed heavily as she gritted her teeth. She extended her hand to grab the rose and threw it away but Dahyun was faster. Dahyun took the rose away from Chaeyoung's locker then she hissed, "don't you dare throw this rose away."

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. "I hate roses. You know what roses is to my ancestor." She said it as though the rose was a disgusting thing for her.

Of course Dahyun knew what a rose is to Chaeyoung. It was said in the story of her ancestor that when the petals of the enchanted rose dried, the beast will remain a beast forever.

Dahyun shrugged. "If you throw this beautiful flower, just give it to me."

Chaeyoung crossed her arms with a heavy sigh. "And let you display it to our room? To our room where I sleep? Are you kidding me?" Dahyun smiled awkwardly. She couldn't let the flower be thrown away.

"You're not throwing them"

"If you'll put those stupid things in our room, I'll throw them after you place them in a vase."

"This beautiful thing should be given by those who likes them then. Why did they give you this? Such a waste."

"Ask those who put it in my locker. Now, move that away from my sight."

"No"

They stared at each other for so long. No one wanted to give up from the argument. Dahyun tighten her lips together while Chaeyoung stared hatefully at her. They could hear a lot of different noises from their side. They heard random whispers and rumours from their left and right, and even opening of lockers.

"Wow. You have lots of roses." This was the cue that made the two friends stop the staring contest. Chaeyoung and Dahyun looked at the girl in the back of Chaeyoung 3 meters away from her. It was Mina who was holding a lot of roses a though it was a buoquet. She was sniffing them prettily and she wore her beautiful gummy smile.

"I don't know why but I really love roses." Mina said in reply to a girl who was in her side. "Well, Belle loves roses too. So maybe that's the reason why I love it too. We have the same taste." The girl replied but Dahyun's attention was disturbed when Chaeyoung snatched the rose in her hands. She was ready to fight for the rose's life but she was surprised from Chaeyoung's next move.

The short haired girl was standing beside Mina who looked at her in surprise--specially the said girl was holding a rose. Even Mina's friend was surprise. Even Dahyun because Chaeyoung never talked to anyone except her and their other friend.

Mina opened to talk but Chaeyoung talked first. "You like roses?" Mina could only nod awkwardly while Chaeyoung just acted as though talking to her was normal. "Well, I hate roses." Chaeyoung offered the rose to Mina and when Mina was just standing like a frozen statue, she took Mina's free hand and placed the rose there. She spun around and faced Dahyun coolly. Her fingers slid to her back pocket.and Dahyun was sure, a lot of people stared at the rare scene.

When Chaeyoung walked past Dahyun, she mumbled "Now the rose will vanish in my sight, and I didn't throw it. Happy?" There was a complete silence. Dahyun was still staring at Chaeyoung who didn't notice many students was still staring at her. She just leaned at her locker and was looking at Dahyun.

"Did you just make a move to Mina? That was smooth" Dahyun whispered.

Chaeyoung gritted her teeth in annoyance. Dahyun back away a little and decided to lean her forehead to her locker while her eyes shut closed. Dahyun was sure the Chaeyoung opened to show her anger but she felt an arm wrapped her neck making her gasp-- same with Chaeyoung.

Dahyun closed her eyes again while guessing who decided to mess with the angry Chaeyoung. She started praying it's not someone feeling close to Chaeyoung because if he or she really is, that person is totally dead.

"How are you, Bro?" And Dahyun's worry vanished. She knew that voice and that was the only person who could tolerate her friend's coldness. She slowly looked at the new person. She also had a short hair but it was blonde. She has a small face but she was pretty. Her name was Jeongyeon, their other friend.

"Let go of me, jerk" Chaeyoung replied, trying to push the intruder away.

"Oh good to hear you're fine." Jeongyeon then looked at Dahyun. "You got some apple today?"

Dahyun sighed and opened her locker. Sure enough, a lot of apples rolled to the floor. She sighed at the sight. All this time, whenever she opens her locker, a lot of apples would roll over. All she could do was sigh. Don't they know I might have the curse that if i eat an unsafe apple, i'll sleep forever?

"Oh, look. Dahyun should eat a lot of those fruits. Those are so beautiful to be thrown away." Chaeyoung mimicked how Dahyun had talked to her before.

Dhyun glared at her friend as she squatted and picked the apples. The other students helped her too. Dahyun put them to her backpack. "This is a different case."

Chaeyoung scoffed. "It's the same. I hate roses because I might have the curse and you hate apples because you might have the curse. Aren't we the same?"

As Dahyun picked the last apple, she said. "I'd rather have a rose than an apple"

"Can I have your apples then?" Jeongyeon eyed the fruits hungrily and without hesitation, Dahyun offered her open bag for her to get all she wants. She immediately took a lot. She folded her shirt so that she could grab more.

"Uhh, I think I need to let Jihyo consult them first before giving to you. They might be poisoned." Dahyun tried to retrieve the apples but Jeongyeon ignored her as she started biting one of the apples.

"No need. The curse only works on you. And besides, these are from your admirers so there's no way they are poisoned," Jeongyeon replied as she offered one to Chaeyoung who took it and bite it.

Dahyun sighed as she closed her backpack which still contained a lot o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter