When Curiosity Killed The Cat

A Royal Mistake [complete]

Minji, in that moment, felt her heart lit up with warmth. Her cheeks began to burst in a pinkish color as she continues to look at Seokjin. "Can I go now?" Minji asks, trying to look in another direction, "You probably need to—" Seokjin pulls her closer to his body. She nearly gasps out his name. The tension between them is extremely warm and almost sensual. "I can't hold myself back, Minji." Seokjin replies, leaning in towards her left ear, "This'll probably—" Instantly, Minji slaps his shoulder and questions, "You're already ?!" "Who said that I was ?!" he exclaims back, "Where did you get an idea like that?!"

"I have to use the restroom."
"Now?"
"Yes." she insists.
"Okay; but when you come back,
tell me how you thought I would be—"

"Whatever; I have to go."

Seokjin releases Minji from his clutches and watches as his wife heads out of his office. 'Aish!' Minji thought, roaming through the hall, 'I thought I was going to die in there if I didn't say that excuse.' "Minji-ah," Seokjin's omma replies, once finding her, "I've been looking all over for you."

"Did something happen, omma?"
"I forgot to tell you that I schedule you
and Seokjin to a prenatal class this afternoon." she explains,
"And the family already planned to go out and eat;
I don't know what to do."

"I can just go to the prenatal class by myself; I'll be fine." Minji reassures. "But it's for—" "Lady Kim," Secretary Chae replies, cutting into their conversation, "Seokjin already canceled that lunch with you and CEO Kim; should I tell him that he has a prenatal class with—" "Yes!" Seokjin's omma exclaims, "You are a lifesaver, Secretary Chae." Confused about what is going on, Seokjin's omma explains the whole thing to Secretary Chae and quickly sends her off to speak with Seokjin. "Omma?" Minji questions. "Seokjin is going to meet you at that prenatal class." his omma explains, "I'll drop you off over there right now." With the help of Secretary Chae, Seokjin's omma manages to drag Minji down to the underground parking ramp and escorts her to the planned prenatal class.

Half hour later, Secretary Chae is explaining the current situation to Seokjin. "I have a prenatal class at noon?!" he exclaims, getting up from his office chair. "Lady Kim scheduled it herself and wants you and your wife to understand the—" Secretary Chae explains. 'Omma!' Seokjin thought to himself, 'Why are you butting in with my life?!' "Here's the address." Secretary Chae replies, sending it into his phone, "Hopefully you'll make it there in time." "Before you go, Secretary Chae," Seokjin replies, "does Minji know about this?"

"Of course; but I believe she's already at the location."
"SHE'S ALREADY AT THE LOCATION?!"

In a hurry, Seokjin scrambles to grab his car keys and jacket; he immediately dismisses Secretary Chae and heads down to the parking ramp as well to drive to the class.

Arriving an hour earlier, Minji makes it to the prenatal class and awkwardly sits alone in her spot, waiting for everyone to show up. 'Am I too early?' she thought to herself, 'Maybe I should've come with—' "Kim Minji?!" Jung-hyun exclaims, once entering the class. "Jung-hyun?!" Minji exclaims. "Junghyun-sshi," a female replies, "I told you to wait for—" That's when Minji finally remembers the girl from somewhere.

• • [ 3 months ago ] • •
( keep in mind, this segment of the flashback is morning before the one night stand and she is not the girl from chapter 2; in case you are confused )

It's early Saturday morning, Minji is prepping herself for a brunch date with her boyfriend, Kim Jung-hyun, because it's their 200th day anniversary. Dressing in her most fancy-like clothes, Minji walked out of her house with a smile on her face and headed for the café with a gift in her hands. 'Today is the day.' she thought, 'Our 200th day anniversary and I hope that everything he planned out will be a good surprise.' Once arriving to the café, Minji ordered two americanos, sits by the window and patiently waits for Jung-hyun to arrive on their special date. Ten minutes flew by....then twenty minutes....then thirty minutes has gone by; and yet Minji continues to wait for her boyfriend to come for their anniversary. 'Why isn't he here yet?' Minji thought, 'Should I text him and ask where he is?' Just as she was about to text Jung-hyun, he walks in, not alone though. Jung-hyun came into the café with a new girl by his side and she looked like a million bucks.

Minji stood up from her seat and shouts, "Kim Jung-hyun!" He turns to the sound of her voice and immediately answers, "Minji-sshi?" She grabs all her belongings and the gift for Jung-hyun, walks up to him and throws the gift at him. "Yah!" Minji replies, "Do you know how long I've waited for you?" "You didn't have to wait for me at all." Jung-hyun replies, "Didn't you get my—"

"It's our 200th day anniversary, pabo!' she continues,
"Did you forget about our anniversary?"

Jung-hyun sighs heavily at Minji's words and replies, "Let's get going, Joo-woo." As the two heads out of the café, Minji quickly runs after them and grabs a hold of Jung-hyun's arm. "We're not done talking here, Kim Jung-hyun!" she exclaims. "Well, I am." he replies, as he yanks his arm away from Minji's grasp, "We are over now, Kim Minji."

"Why; why didn't you tell me that you—"
"Because I knew that you would act this way." he explains,
"I knew that you couldn't face the fact that I cheated on you
for someone better."

'Think, Minji, think.' she thought, 'You have to make yourself more valuable than his million bucks of a girlfriend.' "Fine; but I can do it in the bedroom with someone other than with you, Jung-hyun." Minji said, with confident. Jung-hyun scoffs at Minji's response and replies, "So what; I don't care if you do it with anyone else."

"You don't know me as well as you think." she backfires.

And just like that, Minji removes her couple ring and throws it on the ground before walking away in the distance. "What a snob." the girl replies, "I can't believe you dated someone like her, oppa." "I'm more happy that she broke up with me, Joo-woo." Jung-hyun replies, in relief, "And now everyone on campus will know that we are a real couple." "But when will you tell your parents about us?" Joo-woo asks, "They don't know that we are already expecting."

"What?!" What do you mean that you are—"
"You don't remember that night do you, Kim Jung-hyun?" she continues,
"You said that you promise to take care of me if I end up being pregnant."

'!' Jung-hyun thought, 'I should've known those condoms were expired.'

• • [ end of flashback] • •

'Crap!' he thought, 'Minji now knows that I actually got someone pregnant.' "What are you doing here?" Minji asks, referring to Jung-hyun, "Why are you taking a prenatal class?" "It's none of your business." Jung-hyun snaps, "You don't need to know."

"Then don't question about my existience being here."
"I did not question you being here, Kim Minji." he replies.
"Worry about your girlfriend more than me." she snaps back,
"I bet she'll be jealous if you keep talking to me."

"Oppa," Joo-woo replies, tugging on his arm, "let's go take our spot." As the two head over to their place, Minji thought to herself, 'Why is this world so small sometimes?'

As more and more couples start arriving and quickly filling up the whole room, Minji continues to wait for Seokjin's arrival. 'It's almost noon.' Minji thought to herself, 'Did he get held back for work?' "Looks like someone's alone today." Jung-hyun replies, announcing it to everyone in the room, "Where's your husband, Kim Minji, isn't he a little late for the class?" From her peripheral view, Minji can see other couples whisper to their partners. "Partner or no partner, we'll have to begin the class." the class instructor announces, "We can't delay any longer." "Sorry I'm late!" Seokjin exclaims, barging through the door, "Did I miss anything?" Instantly, all the women in the class began to scream their heads off, including the instructor herself, the moment Seokjin came in.

"It's him; it's really him!" one exclaims, shaking her
husband's arm like a rag doll.
"What is the Crown Prince doing in a prenatal class?" another asks.

"Junghyun-sshi," Joo-woo asks, turning to him, "you didn't tell me that your ex is dating HIM?!" "If I had told you," Jung-hyun replies, "then you wouldn't believe me anyways." Seokjin awkwardly makes his way to Minji and sits down besides her. "What took you so long?" Minji whispers, as Seokjin is taking off his outer jacket, "I was getting worried." "You should've stayed at the company." he whispers back, "Then none of this would've happen."

"Technically it was omma who took me here."
"Still, you should've stayed at the company."

"Alright, let's settle down." the instructor replies, "We all know that we have a famous guest with us; but let's all focus on what you all came for." "Yes, instructor!!" everyone exclaims.

Once the prenatal class ended, all the women in the room head over to Minji and Seokjin, asking to take a picture with Seokjin or asking for an autograph from him; however, Seokjin immediately pulls Minji to his side and replies, "Promise me that you all won't tell anyone else about this." "We promise!" they all exclaims. In the back corner of the room, Jung-hyun and the rest of the men are sulking over Seokjin's popularity. 'What's so great about someone famous.' Jung-hyun thought, 'What the hell is special about Kim Minji?' As everyone is began to leave, Jung-hyun walks up to the door, stops Minji and Seokjin in their tracks and asks, "What do you see in Minji, Seokjin-sshi?" "Why do you need to know?" Seokjin asks, "Jealous?"

"Jung-hyun, don't tell me that you—"
"Joo-woo," Jung-hyun asks, "please wait outside for me."
"But—"
"Wait outside!"

Joo-woo walks out of the room as Jung-hyun has commanded. "Let me ask it again." he replies, "What do you see in Minji?" "Then will you tell me why you decided to break up with Minji?" Seokjin asks.

"She's just an ordinary girl." Jung-hyun explains, "She doesn't
have anything special but her brain; besides, she thinks she can
do what other girls can, but she can't."

Minji wanted to say something; however, Seokjin already spoke, "That's where you're wrong, Jung-hyun. I've seen tons of potential in Minji compared to when you two dated each other; I've seen another side to Minji that you would never see ever." "What is that suppose to mean?" Jung-hyun asks, "You're just making up statements that aren't even true." "Like I said to Minji," Seokjin explains, "I don't care about her past; I only care her present and future with me and there's nothing that you can do to prevent that, Kim Jung-hyun." And just like that, Seokjin drags Minji out of the class with him, leaving behind a shocked Jung-hyun.

Once reaching the car, Seokjin looks at Minji and asks, "How could you date someone like him; he's such a jerk even I wouldn't date him if I were a girl." "It was a blind date." Minji explains, "A group blind date to be exact." "At least you broke up with him." Seokjin replies, "Because now I have you." Minji slightly smiles, but still couldn't forget about Seokjin's and Jisoo's past. 'I need to know why he couldn't marry Jisoo.' she thought to herself, 'Even if Seokjin doesn't want to talk about it.' 

Upon returning home, Hoseok comes rushing to them and replies, "Seokjin, you have a guest." "Who?" he asks. At that moment, Jisoo comes out of the living room. Before Seokjin could say anything, Minji steps in and replies, "Hoseok-sshi, tell Mrs. Chung to prepare some drinks and fruits for us; it's going to take a while." Hoseok nods and heads for the kitchen, hoping to find Mrs. Chung. "I only came to talk with Seokjin, privately." Jisoo states, "No outsiders allowed." "Whether my wife is here or not," Seokjin replies, "my business is her business as well." "Seokjin-sshi...." Jisoo replies, in disbelief. "Let's get this over with." he replies, walking into the living room.

"Here's your drinks and fruits." Mrs. Chung replies, placing them on the coffee table. "You may leave after this, Mrs. Chung." Minji addresses. "Yes, m'lady." Upon doing so, Mrs. Chung leaves the three alone to talk. "Why did you come here, Jisoo?" Seokjin asks. "I didn't just come to see you, Seokjin." Jisoo explains, "I also came to see CEO Kim."

"Why my abeoji?" he continues, "What business
do you have with my abeoji?"

"Jisoo-sshi," Seokjin's abeoji replies, coming into the living room, "why don't you come upstairs with me and Mr. Han; we have business to discuss with you." Jisoo nods and follows Seokjin's abeoji upstairs to his office with Mr. Han. 'What is abeoji planning?' Seokjin thought to himself, 'Before he would never acknowledge Jisoo's existence, but what made him change his mind?' In that time, Minji can't help but wonder about Seokjin's curosity.

In the office, Seokjin's abeoji lays out a contract in front of Jisoo. "Kim Jisoo," he began, "I know what I've done to you and Seokjin in the past is impossible to forgive, but if you help me with this job, then I will surely make you and Seokjin—" "CEO Kim," Jisoo replies, interrupting him, "she and I are from the same social status; so I don't understand why you need—" "I've heard from my business partners that you are the best of the best." Seokjin's abeoji explains, "And that's why I brought you here to Korea to do your regular job and to help me destroy Seokjin's relationship with that Minji."

"And you promise that you will give us a proper
wedding ceremony after all the dirty work is done, correct?"
"Correct; now sign this contract and we'll be on our way."

Without any hesitation, Jisoo signs her name on the contract and replies, "Thank you for doing business with you." "Excellent; you will start tomorrow." he explains. As Jisoo leaves the office, Mr. Han goes up to CEO Kim and asks, "How can you trust her so easily, sire?" "Mr. Han," Seokjin's abeoji replies, "there are things that you don't need to know; and remember to not tell Seokjin or my wife about this secret meeting." Mr. Han nods and proceeds to file the signed contract.

Back in the living room, Seokjin paces back and forth for Jisoo to come back, which leads Minji to have more suspicion about Seokjin's relationship with Jisoo. 'If Seokjin and Jisoo already done and over with,' she thought, 'why is he worrying about her?' Jisoo, however, makes a straight shot for the front entrance and ignores Seokjin's presense. Without any hesitation, he runs after Jisoo, pulling her back inside the mansion.

"What is your relationship with—"
"Seokjin!" Jisoo exclaims, "I don't need to tell you anything;
besides, we already broke up."

"Doesn't matter." Seokjin replies, "Whatever you and my abeoji were discussing about is my problem as well." Jisoo pushes Seokjin's grasp from her arm and replies, "I'll see you tomorrow, Director Kim." She quickly runs for her car, hoping that Seokjin won't follow her out the door. 'I'm sorry for doing this to you, Seokjin.' Jisoo thought to herself, 'But it's all part of a plan.' Seokjin turns to look at Minji, who gives him a look of disappointment, and immediately walks out of his sight, heading for her bedroom. Minji eventually locks the door behind her, heads over to the bed and sits down to ponder her thoughts. 'If he says that he doesn't care about my past, should I do the same?' she thought, 'Even if we are a married couple, shouldn't we come clean with each other?' Minji lets out a heavy sigh and says to herself, "I can't ask anyone or else they will tell Seokjin; and I can't ask Seokjin himself or else he will think that I don't trust him." 

Later that evening, Minji comes out of her bedroom, dressed in one of her nightgowns, and decides to sit outside in the garden to get some fresh air. 'I wonder why Seokjin's abeoji didn't accept Jisoo.' Minji thought, 'She is so pretty and rich like Irene; or is there another reason why?' "Minji-sshi," Hoseok asks, catching her attention, "why are you sitting out here?" "Hoseok-sshi?!" Minji exclaims, with widen eyes, "I thought you be—"

"I can't sleep." he explains, taking a seat
besides Minji, "Seokjin is—"
"Can we not talk about Seokjin?" she asks,
"I'm sick and tired of talking about him too."

"Is it because of the whole Jisoo thing?"
"N-n-no...that's crazy, Hoseok."

'How could he tell? Am I that obvious?!' "You don't have to hide anything from me, Minji." Hoseok said, "I can tell that you don't like Jisoo." Minji hesitates to say anything, knowing that everything Hoseok's saying is true. 'Can I trust Hoseok to not tell Seokjin?' she thought to herself, 'He is Seokjin's friend and bodyguard; so he wouldn't have the nerves to tell me about Jisoo.'

"Kim Jisoo was Seokjin's first and last girlfriend." he confesses.
'Never mind; I guess he's doing it.'

"Halmeoni and her Highness accept their relationship because Jisoo
was in the same situation as you."

"You mean she wasn't rich at all?" Minji asks. Hoseok nods and continues,

"CEO Kim didn't appreciate Seokjin's love for Jisoo; and from what I heard, according to Mr. Han, CEO Kim gave Jisoo two choices:
one being to travel to the US for business purposes if she successfully breaks up with Seokjin and the second one being she has pay the
debts of her parents without CEO Kim's or Seokjin's help."

"You mean Seokjin's abeoji threaten Jisoo to break up with—" Minji replies. "Is that true, Hoseok?!" Seokjin asks, catching both Hoseok's and Minji's attention.

"Is everything you said true?"

• • [ end of chapter eleven ] • •