Our Royal Mistake

A Royal Mistake [complete]

Fast-forward to the next five months, many things has happened for both Seokjin and Minji. Seokjin has been promoted to CEO status after his father had step down for retirement to spend time with Minji's parents and his wife; Minji preparing for their wedding as well as preparing for the birth of their first born child, knowing that he will be born anytime now. And today is the big day. Minji patiently sits in a separate room, known as the bride's room, while Seokjin greets all of their guests for their "small" prepared wedding. All of a sudden, she began to get contractions, but they were harsher than before. 'It'll go away.' Minji thought to herself, 'Nothing can stop this wedding.' Breathing in and out ever so slowly, her contractions went away within a minute or two. "Don't come out yet, baby." she replies, talking to her womb, "Wait a little longer."

[Minji's Wedding Dress & Hairstyle // Seokjin's Wedding Tuxedo & Hairstyle]

"Minji-ah," her omma replies, coming into the room, "are you feeling alright?" "A few contractions here and there, omma." Minji explains.

"If the contractions get worse—"
"I'll be fine, omma." she reassures, "I'm sure I'll make
it through the wedding."

"There's my beautiful granddaughter." Seokjin's halmeoni replies, enterting the room.

"Halmeoni."
"The wedding is about to start, my dear.
Just a few more guests to greet."

"We should get going, halmeoni." Minji's omma suggests, "We have to get to our seats before the ceremony starts." Seokjin's halmeoni nods her head and follows Minji's omma out of the bride's room. Ten minutes later, Minji's abeoji comes to take her out of the spare room and take her to meet up with Seokjin. "Are you nervous?" he asks, as they are walking. "Are you nervous, appa?" Minji asks.

"N-not at all."
"Well, I'm nervous."

"Why?" her abeoji asks, "Is it because—"
"I've been getting contractions lately." she explains,
"But they'll go away once in awhile."

"You're a strong woman, Minji-ah." he reassures, "Just hang in there." Once reaching the double french doors, which leads out to the outdoor wedding pavilion, they both are greeted by Seokjin. "I'll see you two soon." her abeoji replies, handing Minji over to Seokjin, "Don't keep us waiting too long." "We won't, abeoji." Minji reassures, "Once the announcer gives us the signal, then we'll come out." Her abeoji pats Seokjin's right arm and replies, "You'll be a great husband and father, Your Highness." Seokjin nods at his complement as his father-in-law walks out, leaving them behind in silences. "I heard that you were getting a few contractions earlier." he replies, breaking the quiet atmosphere, "Are you sure that—" "I'll be fine, Seokjin." Minji reassures. "But if anything happens," Seokjin continues, "I promise I won't freak out." 'You better not freak out if my water break.' Minji thought.

"And now," their wedding MC announces, "let's have our groom, Prince Seokjin, and bride, Kim Minji, come out." They both let out a big sigh as the doors open out to their wedding guests, their families, their wedding MC and their wedding pavilion. As they began walking down the aisle, Minji suddenly felt something cold and wet trickle down her right leg. 'No no no no no!' she thought to herself, 'My water can't break now.' Once reaching the alter, Minji whispers over to Seokjin, "Seokjin-ah, I think my water just broke." "Now we'll have our groom and bride read off their wedding vows." the MC replies, over Minji's whisper. Mrs. Chung and Mr. Han walks up on the alter, hands them their individual vows and walks back down to their assign seats. "We'll start with the—" "I'm sorry to interrupt." Minji shouts, turning to the audience, "But my water just broke and—" "YOUR WATER BROKE?!" Seokjin exclaims, "YOU SAID THAT—" "AND YOU SAID THAT YOU WOULDN'T FREAK OUT!!!" she retorts, looking back at her husband. "What are we going to do?!" Seokjin's omma and Minji's omma asks, "The baby is coming!" "Someone call for an ambulance." Minji's abeoji replies, getting up from his seat, "Anyone?! Anybody?!" Just then, a third contraction causes Minji to lose her ability to even stand on her own feet, falling into Seokjin's arms as the audience gasps in shock.

"There's no time to be shock, everyone!" the MC exclaims,
"Someone call for a freakin' ambulance or so help me that
their child is going to be born here; understand!!"

"I can't hold it anymore, Seokjin-sshi." Minji replies, while breathing heavily, "He's coming out." "Seokjin," his abeoji replies, running up on the pavilion, "there's no time to waste; the baby can come out any moment." "A-alright!" Seokjin replies, "W-we're going to the hospital with or without an ambulance!" Without any hesitations, he carefully lifts her off the floor and carries her back into the building with Hoseok, who quickly follows after them. After they had left, Seokjin's halmeoni walks onto the pavilion and replies, "I would like to apologize to our guests here today for the unexpected event; but please follow us into the dining hall until further notice."

Finally arriving to the hospital, Minji was quickly taken into a designated labor room with a team of nurses and doctors, preparing for the birth. One and a half hours has pass and all Seokjin could do is pace back and forth for further instructions, while Hoseok returns to the venue to explain the current situation. "Ah~!" she screams, while pushing, "Ah~!" "Alright, take a deep breath, m'lady." Nurse Lee instructs, "Take a big breath and we'll try again." Minji takes a deep breath as Nurse Lee had instructed and began pushing once again.

"Push slowly and remember to breathe in on a count of three.
You're almost there; 1...2...3..."
"Ah~!"
"Breathe out."
"Ah~!"
"Breathe in."
"AH~!"

Just then, the cry of their first son finally releases a sense of relief and joy. "Alright; you can take a deep breathe, m'lady." Nurse Lee announces, as she carefully hand the newborn over to her team, "The baby's out." Minji lets out the loudest and heaviest of breath as the nurses began wiping the baby with a towel and opening up his airway. "W-where i-is—" she replies. "Nurse Im has gone to get your husband." Nurse Park explains, gently placing their baby on top of Minji's chest and covering him in the towel, "He's going to the cut the umbilical cord." Less than a second, Seokjin has already entered the room, dressed similarly to the nurses, and walks over to an exhausted Minji and their son. "S-Seokjin...." she replies, still breathing heavily, "O-our s-son...." "It's time for the husband to cut the umbilical cord." Nurse Im announces, handing Seokjin an umbilical cord scissor, "Just cut it down the middle." Seokjin carefully follows her instruction and succeeded in cutting the umbilical cord. After that, the nurses gave their son a brief wash and eventually swaddle him up to take a picture with Seokjin and one with Minji. "He's so little, Minji-ah." Seokjin replies, sitting down beside the bed with their son in his arms, "He looks just like me." "How does he look like you?" Minji asks.

"He has my handsome face
structure." he explains, "But he has his mother's
lovely eyes."

Minji couldn't help but laugh at her husband's words. "Sorry to interrupt the tender moment." Nurse Park replies, "We'll be transferring the mother and child to their designated room for the night."

Back at the dining hall, everyone is still waiting for the good news. "Hoseok-ah," Seokjin's halmeoni asks, "can you contact Seokjin about—" "He just posted a new picture on his SNS account!!!" Jae-hwan announces, standing up from his seat with his cellphone up in the air. "New picture?!" everyone exclaims. Without any hesitations, Jae-hwan runs up to Hoseok, handing him the cellphone to project it to the audience with the help of the tech crew. Upon succeeding, Seokjin's SNS account shows up through the projector onto the screen and it shows the polaroid picture of Seokjin holding his son. The audience awe at the picture, seeing the adorable newborn heir in the arms of his dad. Just then, Hoseok receives a phone call from Seokjin.

"Hello?"
"Hoseok?" Seokjin replies,
"Is everyone still there?"
"Yeah, why?"

"Tell them that we'll have to reschedule the wedding another time." he explains, "And tell everyone that we're deeply sorry for having them wait." "Yes, sir." Hoseok replies. After hanging up the call, Hoseok grabs a nearby microphone and announces, "Sorry for the interruption, everyone, but His Highness just announced that we will be postponing the wedding for another time and that we're sorry for keep you all here." Both side of the family walk up to the front and bow as a deep apology for wasting their guests time.

"Did we have to postpone the wedding?" Minji asks. "We'll be to exhausted taking care of our little one." Seokjin explains.

"But our guests?"
"I will send out gifts for them, each and everyone
of them."

Minji nods and turns to look at the polaroid picture. 'I still can't believe it.' she thought to herself, 'After all we've been through, we finally come to the end.'

Three days after the unexpected birth of their child, Seokjin and Minji finally return home with their newborn. "Look at him, yeobo." Seokjin's omma replies, holding the baby, "Isn't he just like Seokjin?" "I can see that." Seokjin's abeoji replies, "Did the doctor say anything?"

"Jin-woo is healthy, abeoji." Seokjin replies,
"He has a strong body like his omma."

"Jin-woo?!" they both exclaims. Seokjin and Minji looked at each other and then back Seokjin's parents. "I-is there something wrong with the name?" Minji asks. "N-not at all." Seokjin's omma stutters, "I-it's j-just that—" "You never mentioned a name for the child." Seokjin's abeoji finishes, "Since when did you decide on the name Jin-woo?" Both Seokjin and Minji hesitated to answer them, but then Seokjin's halmeoni comes in and replies, "It was my idea, adeul."

"But you didn't get to choose Seokjin's name
when he was born."

"I didn't; but this is my first great-grandchild." she explains, "So I wanted a name to suit him." "But—" "Yeobo," Seokjin's omma replies, cutting him off, "maybe the two couldn't come up with a name and had omma decide for them." "I guess...." "Don't be upset over a name, adeul." Seokjin's halmeoni teases, "I did it with good intentions; now it's my turn to hold the baby."

After spending an hour at the mansion, Seokjin and Minji decided to visit Minji's parents at the old house; which has been paid off with Seokjin's help, to have them see the newborn baby as well. "Omma, we're here." Minji replies, coming through the door, "Abeoji, where are you guys?" "We're coming." Minji's omma answers, coming out from the small kitchen, "Where's my little grandchild?" "Coming~!" Seokjin exclaims, coming in with the baby carrier basket, "He's asleep at the moment." Minji grabs a hold of the basket, with little Jin-woo inside, gently places it on the wood floor of the living room, and removes the cover for her omma to see him. "He's so small." her omma replies, "How much did he weigh?" "He's five pounds and 8 ounces, omma." Minji explains.

"And his name?"
"Jin-woo." Seokjin answers,
sitting down next to Minji, "Kim Jin-woo."

"That's a wonderful name for him."

"Where's my grandson?" Minji's abeoji asks, finally coming out of the kitchen. "He's asleep, abeoji." Minji replies. "I already heard from Seokjin when he came through the door." he replies, sitting besides her omma, "Take him out of the carrier, yeobo." "Is that alright with you, Minji-ah?" her omma asks. "It's fine, eomeonim." Seokjin insists, "My parents already held the little boy back at the mansion." Carefully taking Jin-woo out of the carrier, Minji's omma carefully holds him in her arms with Minji's abeoji close by; just then, Seokjin silently drags Minji out of the house without her parents knowing.

"Why did you drag me out here, Seokjin-sshi?" "Do you remember what I said back then?" Seokjin asks, out of curosity.

"Which saying?" Minji asks, "You've said a lot of
things in the past, remember?"

"About your true feelings for me." he explains, "Do you have an answer for me yet?" She hesitates on his question, debating whether to tell him the truth or to about it. "Well?" Seokjin persists, leaning in close to her face, "What's your answer, Kim Minji?" "I-I—" Before finishing her sentence, she pretends to hear Jin-woo cry in order to get out of her difficult situation. "Jin-woo is crying." Minji lies, trying to escape, "I better—" As she began to walk back to the house, Seokjin immediately grabs her wrist and pulls her towards him, trapping her in his arms.

"Seokjin-sshi?!"
"I'm not letting you go until you
give me an answer." he replies, "And if you don't answer, you'll—"

Minji then forces a kiss on Seokjin's lips, shutting him up. After pulling away from the surprised kiss, she confesses, "I love you, Kim Seokjin; I've always love you—" This time, Seokjin kisses Minji's lips, shutting her up. About a minute later, Minji asks, "Why did you kiss me if I told you my answer?" "Because that one night stand wasn't a mistake in my life, Kim Minji." Seokjin explains, with a smile, "That one night stand incident brought us together." Her eyes widen at his words after realizing how far they have made it together as a couple. "I also didn't make the mistake to have you as my wife." he continues, "Nor did I make the mistake of having you be the mother of our child." "And I can say that I didn't make the mistake of having you as my husband and loving father of our child." she adds on. Without any hesitations, Seokjin pulls Minji into a warm embrace, hoping that their new future together will last forever.

[ the end ]