v ; cards

house of cards

 

Like there’s no tomorrow
Like there’s no next time
Everything that you’ve done in front of my eyes
It’s a complete darkness

 

suddenly, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him.

her tear-stained face was so close to his.

he brushed her hair away from her right ear and leaned in.

his warm breath gently tickled her neck and ear.

he whispered, "become mine."

 

jimin stood up and whispered, "stop. if you take advantage of me when i'm weak, we'll both just end up hurt."

"as if you already aren't in pain from jin right now," he scoffed. 

"i've only known you for a couple of days so can you please stop butting into my business," she begged him. 

without waiting for a response she walked out. 

 

she marched down the hallway and entered jin's office once again. 

he seemed surprised to see her after only a few minutes and even more shocked at her crying face. 

"what happened jimin?" he asked her.

she ignored his question and said, "i'll take up your offer about dinner tonight. see you at our regular restaurant at seven."

"o-okay then," he replied. 

 

jimin left his office with fresh tears forming around her eyes again. 

what should she do?

breaking up would be running away 

but talking about it wouldn't get through him. 

their relationship was becoming a vicious cycle for her. 

 

 

---

 

 

he was slightly surprised at jimin's proactiveness. 

he hadn't expected her to approach jin right after what yoongi had done to her. 

but whatever she had said seemed to satisfy her as she returned with a smirk. 

while wiping away her tears, she said to him, "i'm not gonna talk about what you did but just know that i haven't forgotten about it."

 

her statement boosted yoongi's confidence as he went to join a meeting.

seokjin also happened to arrive early and stared at yoongi right across from him.

he seemed angry, "what did you do to her?"  

yoongi reconsidered whether or not he should threaten him but thought it might be fun.

"i only told her she should come to me instead. you're oblivious to her feelings and seem to not give a about her," he answered. 

jin clenched his fist, "i've been dating her for a year and you've only known her for three days. what the hell are you talking about?"

 

the ceo entered the conference room with a smile, "i'm in a good mood today, boys."

jin plastered on a smile, "good afternoon, father."

yoongi muttered under his breath, "what the ?"

 

the president sat down, "i have something to tell both of you. tomorrow, the ceo of a large electonics company is coming over for a visit along with his daughter and a few other people. she's around your age and is one of the possible wives for either of you. i'd like for both of you to talk to her tomorrow."

"yes, sir," jin replied. 

the president turned to yoongi. 

"sure," he sighed. 

"make sure to be nice to her," he said before turning to his computer.

 

after the meeting when almost everyone had left, jin looked up at yoongi.

he begged, "you've taken everything away from me, including my own father, so please, let me be selfish this one time."

"you say that as if she's an object who doesn't have feelings," yoongi rolled his eyes.

jin frowned, "you know that's not what i mean. but if you're chasing after her just because i'm dating her, then you're a cold-hearted bastard who's only going to get hurt."

"as if. stop trying to act like you have me all figured out." yoongi stood up and walked away. 

 

he entered his personal office and yelled, "yah, assistant."

jimin poked her head out, "yes?"

he tossed a stack of papers at her, "type every word on those papers into a document."

she picked them up, "but they're already typed so there's already a document. what's the point?"

"you're my assistant and i gave you a job so do it."

"now that's what i call power abuse," she muttered. 

 

"oh, and i need it done by midnight," he added.

jimin turned around, "what? are you kidding me?"

"if you stay here after six, i'll pay you overtime. feel better?"

she sighed and rubbed her temple, "not really."

jimin retreated into her office to get started. 

 

---

 

jin glanced at his watch. 

it was already thiry minutes past seven.

he was at jimin's favorite japanese restaurant that he thought he was supposed to be at. 

he was pretty sure he wasn't at the wrong place and jimin wasn't normally this late. 

but he was sure that her crying earlier had something to do with it.

 

his imagination began to run wild.

maybe she was testing him to see how long she would wait for him.

or maybe yoongi and her were already together and were pranking him to watch him be lonely. 

he shook his head. 

he wasn't sure about yoongi, but he knew that jimin wouldn't do anything petty or extreme like that.

 

every ten minutes or so, the waitress would come around to ask if he wanted to order yet. 

while politely bowing, he said he would wait until his girlfriend arrived. 

finally, he decided he should text jimin. 

of course, she didn't respond and another half hour passed. 

 

they should've just gone together. 

he actually left early to buy her a necklace and had wanted to surprise her with a gift. 

jin rested his chin on his hand and slowly closed his eyes. 

 

"excuse me?" he awoke to someone tapping his shoulder. 

jin jumped up, "what?"

"the restaurant is closing so we have to ask you to leave," the waitress politely said through gritted teeth. 

he wiped his drool and looked at the empty tables around him, "oh, sorry."

he stood up and walked to his car.

 

seokjin sat in the car seat and waited, like a dog would for its owner. 

 

---

 

jimin heaved a heavy sigh and leaned back in her chair. 

it was thirty minutes 'til midnight and her hands were sore from typing. 

she was sure there were still many typos left even though she had triple-checked it but she was exhausted and done for the day.

she emailed the document to yoongi before packing her bag. 

 

she exited her own office into yoongi's and was surprised to find him sleeping in his chair.

his head was resting on his shoulder while drool dribbled out the corner of his mouth.

he actually seemed quite cute and baby-like when he was sleeping.

jimin giggled quietly to herself and pulled out her phone to take picture. 

 

and that was when she saw all the call and text messages from jin. 

"oh my god," she ran out the door.

 

"there's no way he'd still be there. there's no way he'd be there. there's no way." she repeated while driving to her favorite sushi restaurant. 

when she pulled up to the parking lot, she found it empty.

she sighed, thank god she didn't make him wait for five hours.

but the guilt still choked her when jimin thought about him waiting all by himself. 

 

"i'm such a bad girlfriend," she lightly slapped herself. 

jimin had planned on breaking up with jin tonight but now their strained relationship would have to continue for another week or so until jin had time in his schedule for dinner with her. 

 

she ended up crying herself to sleep. 

 

 

---

 

 

the next morning, yoongi groggily woke up while still sitting at his desk. 

the sun was just starting to rise at seven in the morning.

"damnit, i fell asleep last night," he muttered. 

he rubbed his eyes and yawned. 

 

jimin could've at least told him when she finished typing up the report.

he sighed - jimin.

she was a wild horse that he'd strangely fell in love with. 

but what he was more interested in was how she would react when she found out that jin would be in an arranged marriage.

 

as if on cue, jin burst opened the door. 

"what did you do with jimin last night?" he asked, furious. 

yoongi shrugged, "work, like we're supposed to."

jin said, "i'm serious. we planned to have dinner at seven but she never showed up, not even for three hours."

"hmm," he thought for a moment, "maybe she just didn't want to."

yoongi continued, "anyway, why are you forcing her to be close to you if you're just gonna break her heart?"

jin left without an answer after hearing a coworker call for him. 

 

 

-----

 

 

jimin woke up late with swollen eyes and a stuffed nose.

"ughhh," she massaged her temple. 

she really didn't want to go to work today.

but she needed to face jin and didn't have much of a choice anyways.

 

she took a sip of a week-old bottle of beer in the fridge to give her a boost of confidence. 

then, she set off for work.

 

the second she opened the door yoongi already began to scold her,

"what do think you're doing, arriving so late and your papers from last night have too many mistakes."

and the moment she saw him and his furrowed eyebrows, jimin laughed,

"your sleeping face is so different from your awake one."

 

"what?" yoongi leaned back in his chair, "oh, so you saw me asleep."

"yeah i really wanted to pinch your cheeks but i didn't want to wake you up," she giggled. 

yoongi smiled, "anyone ever tell you that you look beautiful when you smile?"

 

jimin's face turned a bright crimson. 

yoongi's bright grin that was as rare as a blue moon combined with a smooth compliment wasn't good for her heart.

suddenly, she walked closer to him.

 

"yah," jimin gently pushed him, "can you stop doing this to me? sometimes i hate you so much i wish i never met you and sometimes i love you so much i just wanna fall asleep in your arms. and right now i'm falling even more in love with you."

 

the alcohol definitely did something to her.

 

 

 


 

 

 

hello it's marina!!

sorry that this chapter took a little longer than expected but i hope you enjoyed it. 

i'm not sure if i'll be able to release the next chapter before school ends (may 31 for me)

but i'll try!

 

p.s. my birthday is on the 14th and i'll be turning sixteen. i'm planning on taking my driving test near the end of this month so wish me luck!!