e ; and us inside

house of cards

 


Say it like you mean it
In the end, we can’t make it
Even so, I keep hoping
Even at the end, if you’re with me, I’m okay

 

 

jimin's face turned a bright crimson. 

yoongi's bright grin that was as rare as a blue moon combined with a smooth compliment wasn't good for her heart.

suddenly, she walked closer to him.

"yah," jimin gently pushed him, "can you stop doing this to me? sometimes i hate you so much i wish i never met you and sometimes i love you so much i just wanna fall asleep in your arms. and right now i'm falling even more in love with you."

 

 after a moment, jimin blinked, "did i just say that out loud?"

she covered her embarrassed expression, "..."

yoongi seemed quite shocked at the confession then suddenly burst out laughing, "i'd never imagine you'd be advancing this much on me."

he lifted her hands, "don't cover your face, especially when you're making such a cute face."

 

"ugh, i'm still a bit hungover so i'm not quite in the right mind," jimin shook her head, "and stop complimenting me; it's too early in the morning for me to handle this."

her response made yoongi laugh harder.

"and stop laughing," she added with a pout, "stop being so hot, annoying, and adorable."

he shrugged, "i can't help it."

jimin sighed, "i'm gonna get another cup of coffee before i embarass myself more," and walked out of the office. 

 

 

-----

 

 

in the break room, jimin was surprised to find jin. 

there was an awkward silence before jimin spoke up, "should we just break up?"

"we can still make it work, we can be like before." he begged. 

he quietly added, "is this because of yoongi?"

 

suddenly, a woman entered the room.

she smiled, "ah, so you were here seokjin!"

"do you need something?" he frowned. 

jimin tilted her head, "who are you?"

"his fiancée, of course," she kissed his cheek. 

 

"ahh..." jimin stuttered," i-i'll just leave you two alone."

she stepped out of the room with her coffee, slightly confused. 

the door opened again behind her. 

"wait jimin," jin said, "we need to talk instead of running away."

"my mind and heart have already been decided for a while now, but now this fiancée that you never told me about suddenly shows up. are you kidding me? at first, i thought i was partially at fault too for falling for someone else, but you screwed up - really bad," jimin nearly shouted.

 

now she was pissed. 

jimin knew that she didn't have much of a future with jin and that he'd likely marry someone whom he didn't love, but to think that he was already engaged shocked her. 

she wasn't jealous, but rather...disrepected. 

she felt like a mistress, a secret affair, a rag thrown away that's no longer useful.

 

as a woman, she had some sort of pride and confidence in herself. 

but knowing she was going out with an engaged man made her feel so disgusted she wanted to vomit. 

she headed towards the bathroom, feeling dizzy and nauseous.

thinking about him being inside her disturbed her even more. 

she gripped onto the sides of the garbage can while she coughed up last night's dinner.

 

jimin trudged back to her office. 

yoongi looked up from his computer with a smirk but when he caught sight of jimin's expression he asked, "what's wrong?"

"nothing, i'm fine," she weakly smiled. 

"you're a really bad liar," he responded while standing up. 

he looked at her blouse, "what's on your shirt?"

she looked down as well, "oh, it's just puke. i told you i'm still hungover."

"are you sure?" he frowned, "i don't think you're telling the truth."

 

she self-contemplated for a second then sighed, "i'm repulsive. i'm absolutely disgusting."

jimin fell to her knees, "i feel so gross. i can't believe i actually pitied him. can you believe it?" she looked up with tears in her eyes, "i hate myself. i hate him."

"wait, jimin," yoongi sat down on the floor, "explain what happened."

she choked, "h-he's engaged."

"who? seokjin?" yoongi asked. 

after she nodded, he tilted his head, "really? i didn't know either."

he seemed genuinely surprised, "he never told me about that."

 

yoongi pulled jimin closer and embraced her. 

he said nothing while gently her head. 

after half an hour or so and her tears finally ran out, jimin said with her chin resting on yoongi's shoulder, "i wonder how much i meant to him."

"i mean, he just kept chasing after me, still thinking we could be together when we were only half-content with each other and he was already engaged."

"hey," yoongi pouted, "look at who else is in front of you."

she pecked his cheek, "i know, i know. but jin's thought process just baffles me."

"he's not a bad guy," yoongi added, "he was trying to please everyone when it could never happen."

 

"let's stop talking about him," jimin said before suddenly jumping up, "now i'm feeling better."

"what, already?" yoongi laughed. 

"yeah, i feel like being productive for once. but first ice cream!" she grinned.

"so you want me to skip work with you to get ice cream?"

she waved her hand, "just say its an early lunch break."

"fine," he sighed, "if we get caught it's your fault."

"are you kidding me? if i say it's because of you no one can get mad us," jimin said while grabbing yoongi's car keys. 

 

jimin grabbed a table in the corner of the ice cream parlor.

she smiled when she saw yoongi walk over with their sweets. 

"just to make sure, we're dating, right?" she asked. 

yoongi said, "obviously."

 

yoongi stared into her eyes, "i'm not the best, but i promise i will love you with all of my heart. i can’t promise to fix all your problems, but i can promise you won’t have to face them alone.”

jimin laughed, "you don’t need to promise me the moon and stars, just promise me you'll stand under them with me forever."

 

"ok, now let's stop being cheesy. your ice cream is melting, after all." she grinned, "if you don't hurry up i'll eat it all up!"

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

hey guys!!

this is the final chapter of this story. 

althought this ending may feel a bit incomplete, especially with jin, i wanted the future of these characters to be up to you, the reader's imagination. 

also, a new story is currently under the works, so be on the lookout for that.

see you again soon!