o ; made of

house of cards

 


a house made of cards, and stupidly, us
even if you say it’s a useless dream, just stay a little more like this

 

"what?" jimin was take aback.

he repeated, "what are you doing?"

"um...working?" she weakly answered. 

he looked at the papers she was holding and sighed, "how have you not been fired yet?"

the manager next to him said, "mr. min, she's the new employee that you moved from the accounting to the freelance department."

"oh, really?" mr. min said with an amused smile, "i'll talk to you once i'm done checking everything here."

"yes sir," jimin replied with a slight bow.

 

he walked away and jimin sighed.

she was guessing that he would assign her some crazy amount of work just because he wanted to.

that was how all managers loved torturing their employees.

 

half an hour later, he came back around to jimin's desk.

"so, what did you want to discuss?" jimin asked while looking up at him. 

"this isn't a discussion, but rather a command," he replied nonchalantly, "i'm making you my assistant starting tomorrow."

before she could say anything, he walked away and out the building. 

 

she was furious.

what was the point of forcing her to change divisions when he was gonna make her his assistant anyway?

but it seemed that it was a decision made on-the-spot and it wasn't something that a rookie like her could refute.

 

suddenly, a large group of people formed around her. 

questions poked her left and right.

"wow! i can't believe you're mr. min's assistant!"

"i would do anything to be around him all day!"

"you better not think you're special because he specially asked you."

 

all the talking unnerved jimin and she simply stayed silent.

"what, so she's just gonna stay quiet? okay then i'll show you-"

"show what?" a familiar voice asked.

then she saw who was speaking ; it was jin. 

 

when everyone noticed him, they bowed a full ninety degrees to him. 

well, except for jimin.

when one of the seniors noticed she wasn't bowing, he pushed her head, "you need to bow to the future ceo."

"stop," jin said, "it's fine. she's my girlfriend after all."

"oh my god," jimin muttered and buried her face in her hands

he sounded so stupidly confident and she felt so embarassed.

 

the employees began to whisper loudly under their breaths.

she expected that the secret would be exposed sooner or later but she didn't expect it to come directly from jin's lips.

he walked over to her and asked everyone, "could you guys leave us alone?"

they quickly went back to work while purposefully avoiding the area the two were in.

 

jimin nearly shouted, "did you have announce so loudly that we're dating?"

"there's nothing bad with that though," he pouted.

"your dad doesn't even know that we're going out. it seems like you just blurted that out for your own pride."

"no, i just wanted to make sure none of the guys make passes at you."

she rolled her eyes, "are you kidding me? jin, you're the vice president for s sake. you could fire everyone here if you wanted but instead you're worrying about guys hitting on me."

 

---

 

"very interesting."

min yoongi watched from a distance.

"it seems that my cousin can't tame this beautiful tiger. so i wonder - should i?"

 

his assistant ignored what he said, "mr. min, you have a meeting in half an hour. shall i go prepare for it?"

"please," he responded while continuing to watch jimin. 

"her angry face is pretty cute," he muttered to himself. 

 

he made his way back to the central building and sat down at his desk. 

once of his assistants abruptly announced, "the president is here to see you."

the ceo walked in and smiled, "how are you doing, yoongi."

"fine,"he replied, "what do you want?"

 

"right to the point as always. i'm here to talk about your marriage. you know, i honestly think that you're better suited than jin to become the future ceo. one of the things you'll need is a powerful wife. i know it's a bit early, but its good to be aware." he spoke.

his uncle placed a stack of profile on yoongi's desk, "choose your favorites and send their papers to me by the end of this week."

yoongi remained silent as the older man walked out with a wave.

 

he leaned back in his chair and rubbed his temples.

"mr. min, the meeting starts in ten minutes," an attendant notified.

"yes, yes. i'll be right there," he replied with a sigh.

 

---

 

jin was finally forced back to his work because a meeting was starting. 

jimin was exhausted and it was barely past noon. 

everyone has stopped bothering her and there was no point in staying there, she did the one thing she could think of - 

she went to a convenience store and bought a couple cans of beer and soju. 

 

she returned to her cozy apartment and drank her afternoon away. 

she had a feeling that tomorrow would a stress-filled day. 

 

jimin awoke slightly earlier than usual to a throbbing headache. 

of course, she had expected it and has all the ingredients for her favorite hangover soup ready. 

she was in the midst of boiling water when she heard a knock on the door. 

did jin think he could please her just by driving them to work?

it wasn't like she was some dog. 

 

she opened the door expecting to chastise jin but was horrifyingly shocked to find mr. min in front of her. 

he slowly scanned her appearance from her fuzzy slippers to her messy hair. 

she was suddenly hyperaware of the fact she was still in her pajamas, which exposed her legs and chest.

"um....mr. min, what are you doing here?" jimin tried to ask as casually as possible. 

"call me yoongi," his eyes were obviously not focused on her face, "i'll be waiting outside."

 

"yes," she weakly smiled.

she slammed the door shut. 

suddenly, all her boiling anger came back in one wave. 

this dirty, erted bastard thought he could just stare at her s so openly. 

if he intended to make her feel embarrassed, he did quite the opposite. 

 

"if you're gonna be indecent, there are so many ways to be less obvious," she muttered while turning off the stove. 

jimin felt uneasy about mr. min's directness, as she was used to jin being so roundabout.

but still, he was her boss, and she couldn't keep him waiting. 

in ten minutes, she managed to make herself look presentable. 

 

he led her to his car and sat in the driver's seat without a word.

rather than sitting next to him, jimin opted to sit in the back where it felt slightly less stuffy.

the twenty minute drive had an awkward cloud of silence over it, something she expected because there was not much to talk about.

 

they arrived in front of the central building, which shocked her because she hadn't realized that he was an important enough person to work there.

they entered the elevator and jimin watched as mr. min punched in the number nine.

she paused for a moment then asked, "is your office on the nineth floor?"

"yes," he answered coldly.

 

oh, no. 

that was the floor the ceo and jin normally worked on. 

and it also meant something else.

"wait...does that mean that you're the other vice-president?"

the elevator doors opened as he turned to her, "you should've gathered some information about me after i told you about your job change."

he stepped out of the elevator and entered the office labeled VP Min.

 

an assistant seemed to be brewing coffee inside, "mr. min, the coffee is almost ready."

"be faster tomorrow or i'll have to suspend you from your job for a month." he said while gathering papers.

jimin winced.

wasn't that too harsh?

now she wasn't sure how long she would last.

 

mr. min handed her a packet of papers, "go punch these numbers in and make separate charts for each year. i need them before noon. your own personal room is over there," he pointed to a door which led to a smaller office.

"yes, sir," she replied while taking the sheets from his hands.

jimin walked to her office when she heard him mutter, "i told you to call me yoongi."

she ignored the small remark and shut the door behind her. 

 

there already was a computer provided, something she appreciated after she'd forgotten to bring her personal laptop.

she immediately began her task. 

after all, she needed to make 20 graphs in about 3 hours.

 

half an hour before noon, she managed to finish.

she burst out the room, "mr. min, i'm finished."

he looked up from his computer, "it took you long enough. email them to me."

jimin nodded before returning to her chair. 

 

suddenly, the door to the opened. 

"yes?" she saw mr. min standing before the door. 

"after my meeting you'll be joining me for dinner," he blatantly commanded. 

"sorry, i can't. there's someone else i need to talk to," she replied to his turned back. 

he spun around, "there is no one who is more important than your boss."

he confidently walked out after making his point.

 

whatever, it wasn't like she was his slave.

apologizing to jin was more important than eating an awkward meal with her boss.

she knocked on the door to jin's office while wondering if he was in the same meeting as mr. min. 

an assistant that was copying papers opened the door, "yes?"

jimin bowed to her and said, "i need to talk with jin."

the assistant was obviously shocked by how she had referred to him casually, causing jimin to giggle. 

"don't worry, i'm his girlfriend."

 

seokjin looked up from up from his computer screen, "now you're the one bragging about us dating?"

jimin laughed, "i'm here to apologize about that. i was kinda being an the past couple days and i felt bad you had to put up with me. so to make up for it, how about we eat lunch together?"

his smile slowly turned into a frown, "ah, sorry jimin. i have a lunch meeting with a bunch of managers. but we can still eat dinner together after work, if you want."

"oh...it's fine. i get it, you're busy," she weakly smiled.

 

she stepped out of his office with her eyes red and on the verge of crying. 

this wasn't the first time he had rejected her because of work. 

but knowing she had put so much effort to be closer to him, it stung a little more than usual. 

and of course, mr. min had to come out of the printer room to see her falling apart.

 

he approached her, "what are you- ...oh. let's go back to my office."

teardrops fell down her cheeks as she silently followed him. 

she sat in one of the guest chairs with a tissue box in her lap. 

he simply watched as she cried her heart out.

she was trying to love jin, after all it was all she could hold onto.

"mr. min, i-i'm sorry you have to see me like this," she hiccupped.

"i already told you to call me yoongi," he gently replied.

 

when she began to calm down he randomly commanded, "sit on me."

she pretended she didn't hear what he said, "did you say something?"

he clearly repeated, "sit on my lap."

she was suddenly confused and frowned, "no, there's no particular reason why i should."

 

"do i have to threaten you or will you do it while i'm being nice?" his eyes bore into her. 

she sighed and reluctantly walked over to his desk where he was sitting. 

she awkwardly sat on the edges of his knees. 

 

suddenly, he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. 

her tear-stained face was so close to his.

he brushed her hair away from her right ear and leaned in.

his warm breath gently tickled her neck and ear.

he whispered, "become mine."

 

 

 


 

 

 

ahhh i'm used to slow-paced stories so all this action lowkey makes me feel weird. also, can y'all believe january is already almost over? it feels like christmas was yesterday.

 

p.s. nirvana is a BOP