Epiphany

Love of a Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jongdae opened his eyes groggily.  With a shaking sigh, he sat up quietly, making sure not to wake Baekhyun, whose breaths were deep and steady.  Scooting to the edge of the bed, he covered his face, stifling a silent cry that shook his shoulders.  

 

He shook his head.  

 

Even though it had been a while, he still got nightmares about him and Baekhyun with anti-fans, Bora, and Taeyeon.  He still never really forgave Baekhyun for what he did with Taeyeon, toying with Jongdae’s heart like a cat toy.  Jongdae couldn’t recall a time where he felt more helpless.  He hated himself.

 

The fact was, he still did.  He never forgave himself either, for remaining loyal to Baekhyun after what he did.  Anyone with their head screwed on straight would have left him for someone else, or at least to be alone.

 

But Jongdae knew he wouldn’t be able to survive without Baekhyun.

 

He turned to see Baekhyun stir.

 

“Jongdae…” he murmured.  “Dae, what’s wrong?”

 

Jongdae shook his head.  “It’s nothing.  Just a nightmare.”

 

Baekhyun sat up slowly.  “Do you want to talk about it?” he asked, reaching out to touch Jongdae’s shoulder.  

 

Jongdae found himself turning and cuddling into Baekhyun’s warm embrace.  His lover’s arms were wrapped around his shoulders, and he felt safe.  “Hold me,” he said softly.

 

The other didn’t respond.  Instead, he buried his nose into the crook of Jongdae’s neck, sending shivers down his spine with each hot, steady breath.  Jongdae could hear Baekhyun’s heartbeat.  

 

It was slow, soothing…

 

He smiled to himself and closed his eyes.  

 

--

 

It was about a week before Hyun called them back to the office again, saying that they would be able to pick up Hansol and begin their lives as a family of three.  Jongdae was so happy, he couldn’t contain his tears, which naturally caused Baekhyun to cry.  They hugged each other and couldn’t seem to let go.

 

Now, as Jongdae sat in the conference room ag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter