Stars Aligned

Love of a Lifetime
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As per usual, Jongdae wore his face mask while he was out.  He gained second glances from people, but no one seemed to have the nerve to ask him who he was.  Of course, he liked the attention, but he liked being completely unknown to the world for once.

 

He had his hands deep in his sweatshirt pockets as he went down to the local bookstore, where he had one thing in mind.

 

Parenting books.

 

Yes, books that teach one how to be a good parent.

 

You see, it had been four years since Jongdae married Baekhyun, and a year and a half since they got back from the military.  Of course, it would make sense to have the need to settle down, especially while things were quiet.  Even though Jongdae knew their schedule would ramp up once the rest of the members returned, he wanted to fill the remaining void in his heart.

 

Once he got the recommended books, he paid for them and began to walk back home.  He smiled to himself as the sun began to set, creating a beautiful sunset.

 

“Baek, I’m home!” Jongdae called as he entered the dorm.

 

He grinned as he caught sight of his husband poking his head out from their shared room.  He was sleeping, from the looks of it.  His hair was disheveled, and his eyes were red and poofy.

 

“So late,” Baekhyun murmured.  “Where were you?”

 

“Bookstore,” Jongdae answered.  

 

Baekhyun looked through the bag, his eyes glancing briefly over the titles.  “Parenting…” he murmured.  He blinked, suddenly comprehending.  He looked at Jongdae.  “You really want to do this, huh?” he chuckled.

 

Jongdae nodded.  “Of course.”

 

The other brought Jongdae into a tight, warm hug.  “Whatever my Jongdae wants, my Jongdae will get,” he said.  “We’ll start a family soon.  As soon as the agency gets back to us.”

 

Jongdae smiled in the embrace.  “I know but…”

 

“You can’t wait?” Baekhyun finished as he pulled away.

 

Jongdae pouted.  “How did you know?”

 

Baekhyun smiled triumphantly.  “There’s a reason why we’re married.”

 

Jongdae smiled as he kissed the other’s lips.  “I love you.”

 

“I love you more.”

 

 

Jongdae was nervous as he sat in the white conference room.  He bit his lips and stared at his hands, folded neatly in his lap.  A million thoughts darted through his mind as his eyes flickered back and forth from the unopened door to the continuously ticking clock.  He could feel his breath hitch with every second.  Baekhyun, who was sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter