Day Four, I: Falling

Bloom and Grow
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A/N: Well everyone, HAPPY EARLY SPRING BREAK (mine starts after school tomorrow AHH FINALLY)!!!

 

I for sure thought that I wouldn't be able to update anytime soon, but I guess I underestimated my procrastination skills, because I just typed this whole thing up practically as soon as I posted the last chapter.

 

I've got a TON of ideas for the rest of this fic, and I've got them all typed out - which is kind of new for me, since I usually just go with whatever comes off the top of my head. It's nice to have somewhat of an outline of how the story'll go, though!

 

Hope you guys enjoy this~!

 

 

 

Day Four, Part Three: Falling

 

Joohyun wakes up to the cool sensation of silk sheets wrapped around her, the warmth of sunlight dancing across her pillowcase, and the smell of freshly cooked pastries wafting through the open bedroom door.

As the florist stretched out across the expansive mattress, she yawned and took a look around room. She was searching with both her reaching fingers and wandering eyes for the woman she’d spent the night sleeping next to. To her disappointment, the business woman was nowhere to be found, but there was a warmth to the sheets where Seulgi had been, and Joohyun snuggled up into the spot.

Now that she was well rested, the florist could see the things she’d missed while she’d been half asleep the night before. Dark drapes that had been covering the windows were pulled back to reveal the eggshell blue of the sky outside and the rich green lawn that surrounded the house on each side. Despite the inviting scenery, Joohyun knew that the temperatures outdoors were most likely still freezing. As she looked closer, she could see the telltale signs of snow hiding within each nook and cranny of shadow.

Birds flitted in and out of view within the dark boughs of the trees, crooning to each other in high pitched voices and shook snow from their delicate feathers. Normally, the florist would feel annoyed at the sound of the chirping, but today she felt better than she had in weeks.

Joohyun sat up slowly, fixing her hair using the large mirror parallel to the bed, propped up on Seulgi’s dresser set. She stared at her reflection; a drowsy woman left in someone’s giant bed, her pajamas matching the color of the sheets, the pillows skewed left and right, the blanket angled to the side. She cracked a half smile at the scene, finding herself oddly giddy about the entire situation.

“Hi,” comes the sound of Seulgi’s soft voice from the doorway. Joohyun turns her head to find the business woman leaning against the doorframe. A white ceramic mug of what Joohyun assumes is coffee is piping within the taller woman’s right hand, and her left is tucked underneath her arm.

Seulgi seemed to be freshly showered and dressed. Joohyun took Seulgi’s choice of attire in as she ran a hand through her hair unconsciously. The business woman looked the most casual Joohyun had ever seen her before. Seulgi was wearing a tweed blazer over a white dress shirt, tucked neatly into a pair of well-worn blue jeans.

“Hey there,” Joohyun replies, rubbing her eyes with her hands. There’s a smile sprouting across Seulgi’s face when she looks back over at the other woman, and Joohyun wonders just how someone could be so beautiful so early in the morning.

 “I made us breakfast,” Seulgi continues in her low tone, meandering her way across the room towards Joohyun. The business woman hovers on the edge of the bed, just close enough to reach out placing a warm hand over Joohyun’s arm. The florist can feel the potent heat radiating from the business woman’s palm even through the fabric of her pajama shirt.

Seulgi’s thumb a path, back and forth, along Joohyun’s silky sleeve. The florist watches the subtle motion, transfixed by the business woman’s affectionate nature. “Are you ready to get up, Joohyun-ah?”

When the older woman meets Seulgi’s eyes, she sees nothing but adoration, and she finds herself debating whether or not it was too early to steal a kiss from the business woman. “Only on one condition,” Joohyun murmurs, flickering her gaze to Seulgi’s luscious mouth.

The right side of Seulgi’s lips quirk up in a quick half smile, catching the florist’s gaze. “And what’s that, Miss Bae?” Seulgi asks teasingly, leaning in towards the florist ever so slightly. Joohyun her lips in anticipation, “I’ll get out of bed if you kiss me.”

Seulgi chuckles and comes even closer. Joohyun can almost feel Seulgi’s words forming on her own lips as the business woman asks, “You only want one kiss?” Joohyun nods, breathlessly, parted slightly, ready for Seulgi to press against her.

“Yes,” the florist breathes out, “Just one.” There’s a glint of mischief in the business woman’s eye along with rays of sunlight. The beams illuminate the brown of Seulgi’s irises so that they flash with gold. They’re close enough now for the florist to count the individual ripples that line the business woman’s pitch pupil.

“What if I want to give you more than just one kiss?” Seulgi asks smoothly, once again searching Joohyun’s eyes for permission. The florist reaches a hand out and grabs at the fabric of Seulgi’s shirt, tugging the taller woman towards her until their lips meet.

Joohyun takes in a shaky breath from her nose, reveling in the silken texture of Seulgi’s lips as they brush against her own. Though their dance of tongue, teeth, and lip begins at a slow and sweet pace, with Seulgi’s hand gently cupping Joohyun’s jaw, it doesn’t take long for their tempo quicken.

Joohyun feels Seulgi guiding her down onto the mattress, and willingly obliges. As her back touches the bed, Joohyun’s mind becomes foggy with Seulgi’s taste. She only opens her eyes again when their lips part and she feels the taller woman shifting to straddling her waist.

The business woman’s knees press just above Joohyun’s hip bones, and her hair is a fan of chocolate tresses Joohyun brushes aside to view the business woman’s lust filled gaze. Joohyun leans up, her nails scraping at Seulgi’s back as she connects their lips again.

Seulgi reciprocates the kiss with a matching fervor, lowering herself against Joohyun until their bodies brush together. A moan tears itself from Seulgi’s lips when Joohyun breaks away from to lower her greedy lips to Seulgi’s throat. The sound, low and needy, sends a shock of heat rolling throughout Joohyun’s body, egging the older woman on further.

Suddenly, there’s a hand softly pushing Joohyun away by the shoulder, leaving the florist gasping against the bed and staring up at Seulgi. A confused expression plays across Joohyun’s face, and she abruptly sits up as Seulgi backs off. “Is something wrong?” The florist asks, watching with large eyes, her lips to get the last of Seulgi’s taste on her tongue.

She watches as the business woman shakes her head vigorously, “No! Everything’s perfect!” Seulgi’s chest rises and falls in sync with the heavy sigh. “I love where this is going! I hate to stop us, but our food’s getting cold, and I really want to have breakfast with you before I have to go to work,” Seulgi whines, pouting cutely at Joohyun.

The business woman hops off of the bed and flits over towards the open door. She seems to realize that the florist is in somewhat of a state of shock, and turns around. “A deal’s a deal, Joohyun-ah,” Seulgi beckons in a sing song voice, rapping her knuckles on the wall. Joohyun reluctantly throws back the sheets and follows the taller woman into the kitchen.

“I wasn’t sure what you liked,” Seulgi called over her shoulder as they walked into the room, “So I kind of had to take a guess.” The business woman stepped aside to allow Joohyun finally view the display of food set across the black marble countertop. The florist gasped in shock, covering with a cupped hand.

“I think I might’ve gone a little overboard,” Seulgi sheepishly admitted, scratching the back of her neck as she studied Joohyun’s expression. “This is enough to feed five people,” Joohyun murmured in disbelief, reaching a hand out to lift the foil covering one of the plates. Her eyes glaze over the steaming dishes overflowing with sunny side up eggs, fried rice, tofu, slabs of beef, and bowls of soup.

Seulgi opens one of the overhead cabinets and passes Joohyun an elegant china plate. “I usually work up quite the appetite in the morning,” Seulgi explains with an embarrassed smile, waving a hand over the entrees. The business woman then pulls open a drawer and hands Joohyun a set of stainless steel chopsticks.

“I can see that,” Joohyun laughs, catching the taller woman’s fiery blush before she turns away to look over her breakfast options. “When do you have to go to work?” Joohyun asks, eyeing the time on Seulgi’s microwave as she shovels portions of each dish onto her plate. It was half past nine in the morning, and the business woman didn’t seem to have any inclination to start getting ready any time soon.

Seulgi preoccupies herself with pouring another mugful of coffee into her cup and sets about fixing Joohyun one as well. As the business woman passes Joohyun the beverage, she glances at her watch. “Any time I like,” Seulgi answers with a wink. She begins to pile her own plate with food while stuffing a piece of steak into . Joohyun gives her an incredulous look, cup raised in midair.

As soon as she finishes chewing and swallowing, Seulgi starts back up again, “One of the perks of being the CEO’s daughter is that I can come to work whenever I wish, as long as I get that day’s workload finished.” Joohyun scoffs playfully and walks over to the kitchen table. Once she’s settled her plate atop the long rectangular slab of mahogany, she draws herself up a seat on the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter