bonus.

canvas.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
2 BONUS    

Yongsun placed her hand over her chest after she closed the door. All the way along, she was trying to hide her smile, but now she was free to smile widely and act like a school girl.

She ran to her couch and hugged one of the pillows before squealing loudly – like she always would do when she was excited about something.

Her mind wandered back to the moments that happened a while ago. Never in a million years had she expected Byulyi to land her eyes on her, neither to be the one on Byulyi’s canvas.

She wanted to deny, but her heart skipped a beat when she saw Byulyi’s work. Mainly because Byulyi had been the object of her admiration for quite a while now.

The first time Yongsun saw Byulyi was on a coffee shop. She was hanging out with her friends, chit-chatting about random things when she saw the woman walking inside the coffee shop.

At that time Byulyi had blonde hair and Yongsun thought it suited the woman so much and maybe that’s why she couldn’t take her eyes off of her. Or maybe it was her pointy nose; or her lips; or the way she smiled.

Either way, she pushed the thoughts aside. It probably would be just a momentary crush and she wouldn’t see the woman ever again.

And she didn’t see Byulyi for a couple of weeks. Until the day she signed up for painting classes. She was extremely surprised to see Byulyi around and she tried her best to not stare at the woman – but for some reason, they always would choose seats where they would face each other.

Byulyi did approach her couple of times, though. She would compliment her works and sometimes give some advice. Although Yongsun had always been a talkative person, when Byulyi was around, she would find herself speechless. All she could do was to listen to that low, husky voice and admire her beauty.

At home Yongsun would spend her free time drawing sketches and most of them were inspired in a certain woman. Of course she would hide her sketches, just in case of her friends paying a visit and catching a glimpse of those.

Yongsun was surprised once again when she was at work and Byulyi showed up. Yongsun worked as a kindergarten teacher and for a couple of seconds she was shocked, thinking that Byulyi had a kid already – she felt her heart sinking because it meant the woman had a lover already.

But, for Yongsun’s happiness, Byulyi was there to pick her cousin up. She watched as the little Minhyuk ran to Byulyi and high-fived her. Yongsun thought it was the cutest thing she had ever witnessed. Byulyi was wifey material.

Byulyi didn’t show up to pick Minhyuk up for the next couple of weeks but Yongsun didn’t mind it much because she knew she’d have a chance to admire Byulyi from afar in the weekend.

Yongsun only had the guts to ask Byulyi for a coffee after she had sure that she was in Byulyi’s mind – at least for a moment.

She knew that Byulyi wasn’t a talkative person like her, but she didn’t mind at all. Yongsun could see that Byulyi wasn’t uncomfortable with her presence – mainly when she placed her hand over Byulyi’s and the younger woman didn’t stop her.

Yongsun squealed again and grabbed her phone to text Byulyi. Maybe the woman would agree to go out for dinner with her. Yongsun had high hopes that Byulyi would say yes, but she also couldn’t bear to keep holding onto her phone, waiting for a reply.

She put her phone on the couch and got up, fanning herself with her hand as she made her way to the kitchen. Yongsun had to distract herself in order to get her heart to stop beating so fast, but Byulyi was the one on her mind and she couldn’t help it.

Yongsun occupied herself by making a sandwich before she returned to the living room. She sat down again and grabbed her phone, hoping there would be a reply and indeed there was a reply.

It was a yes.

She let out a high pitched squeal and almost let her sandwich fall on the floor. Everything was happening perfectly between her and Byulyi. And she couldn’t wait to get to know more about the woman.

Yongsun texted Byulyi with the address and hour for their dinner and Byulyi quickly agreed with everything. She felt like she was on cloud nine.

Of course Yongsun had other dates before, but she wasn’t as excited as she is now to meet with Byulyi. She couldn’t say what Byulyi had, but it was different from all the other men and women she went out with.

Yongsun was used to be asked out a lot and being a hopeless romantic, she gave a chance to almost everyone – because who knows if that person could be her true love, her soulmate.

But it never clicked with anyone. Yes, some of them made her feel the butterflies within and she even got to date with a few, but it wouldn’t last more than six months. Her longest relationships were with Yoon-do and Joohyun, but soon enough she realized they weren’t meant to be together. Although, they still contacted each other at times, they became great friends after breaking up.

With Byulyi it felt different, maybe because she never thought she would have a chance. When they were in class, Byulyi’s attention would be on her canvas only; Yongsun never saw the woman staring at her, unless they were chatting. But today it was different and she had to use her chance and make worth it.

It was around 3PM and Yongsun was freaking out because she had nothing to wear. Or that’s what she thought. She was testing all her outfits, but none was good enough. She was frustrated. She had to look perfect for dinner, but her clothes weren’t helping.

Not too far away from Yongsun’s house, Byulyi was freaking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter