final.

canvas.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
1 FINAL    

Byulyi gathered all her painting brushes and put them inside her satchel bag while humming to a random song, she was excited, as usual.

Every saturday morning the woman would be the happiest and brightest because it meant day off and she could dedicate herself to one of her true passions – painting.

It doesn’t mean that Byulyi doesn’t like her job. She was quite happy being an engineer, the paycheck was high and she managed to achieve most of her dreams already – like buying her own house and car and traveling around the globe.

But painting was something that made Byulyi the happiest. She could express herself through the art and people wouldn’t judge or say that it was right or wrong; because that’s what art is: feelings.

She had never been good with words, often she would embarrass herself because whenever she started a conversation, she would stutter and blush like a tomato.

But when she had her brushes in hands, she would create the most beautiful piece of art, just like her heart told her to do.

Being an engineer, everyone expected Byulyi to be super logical and rational – and for most part of the time, she was. She had to be serious through the whole week, but when weekend comes, she could let all her emotions out. Anger; happiness; sadness; anything. She could let it all out, without being afraid people would talk about her.

Even when she was little, she already knew that art was her safe place. The little Byulyi always would be coloring, could it be her coloring books or the walls. Of course she would get scolded for painting the walls, but she did it because her heart told her that she should express herself that way.

The teenager Byulyi was a bit more of a rebel. At that age, she let go of the brushes and got fond of spray cans. The walls of her bedroom were full of graffiti that she did create on her free time, along with lyrics of her favorite songs.

And after graduating on college and getting her own house, Byulyi got herself a small work room. She would spend her time there whenever she was free.

Also, she wanted to improve her art. That’s why she signed up for painting classes. Every saturday morning, she would have her habitual routine of waking up, showering, eating breakfast, taking her dogs for a walk and then she would head for classes.

Byulyi patted her dog’s head before getting out of her house. She was holding tight onto the strap of her satchel bag while walking to her class. Byulyi could’ve used her car, but she did enjoy walking. The things she saw around were some kind of inspiration for her.

As usual, she was the very first student to arrive there. Byulyi greeted her teacher – a woman a little bit younger than her, named Jung Wheein. She couldn’t help but to smile when the said teacher greeted her with such a wide smile; dimples on full display.

She went to start fixing her things. Byulyi took care of her easel as if it was a baby.

“Here.” Byulyi smiled when her teacher handed her a blank canvas; she fixed it on the easel and after makings sure everything was alright, she took a seat, waiting the other students to come.

Soon enough the room started to get a bit too crowded. And with that, Byulyi meant twelve other people that shared the same passion as her. She checked her phone and it was 9:29AM. The class would start.

Wheein walked to the middle of the room – and this time, she didn’t have something in hands. Usually, the woman would bring objects for them to portrait, but this time, she wasn’t holding anything.

Byulyi watched as Wheein placed a stool in the middle of the room and the shoot her wide smile to all of her students. “Today we’ll be training your figure painting! Please meet your model!”

Everyone looked at the door when a woman wearing a yellow dress walked in and stopped beside Wheein. Her shoulders and legs were exposed and Byulyi had to admit that the woman was gorgeous indeed.

“My name is Hyejin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter