Chapter 3: Regret

Rain and Tears (GuiLun+JJ Lin)

Rain and Tears(GuiLun+JJ Lin) -   chapter 3: Regret (Arron)

 

I had been avoiding Ying Jie for the past 3 days,even going to the extent of changing places with another student.
She had chosen to talk to me today.I'd ignored her,but when she ran off crying,I rethought my actions,my heartless words.
Ying Jie dropped her diary running off and I picked it up and flipped through the pages,though I didn't know why.
The last entry was marked with today's date.Out of curiosity,I read it,and suddenly understood everything.
I had mistaken her for a person who she never was.
I looked up-and saw Ying Jie running across the road,oblivious to the car heading towards her.
"Ying Jie!Watch out!"
She turned around,a hint of a smile on her face,about to say something,when the car hit her.
I could only watch,horror-striken,as the car's brakes screeched,as Ying Jie rolled onto the hood,fell onto the ground,blood covering her left temple and side.
It all happened so fast,she didn't even scream.
I rushed over,kneeling down beside her and hugging her,my heart heavy with regret.
"Ying Jie,I'm sorry,this is all my fault...And I believe you,I really do!"
"It's...alright..."
"Ying Jie,don't die,please,hang on..."I leaned forward,kissed her."Please."
"I'm sorry,Arron..."her breathing grew ragged,her eyes losing their shine."You're...my first love...and...my...last love..."
I hugged even more tightly,feeling the tears coming.
"Arron..."her lips curved into a weak smile."Thank you...and...I love you..."
I love you,were the last three words that Ying Jie said to me.