Chapter 2: Misunderstanding

Rain and Tears (GuiLun+JJ Lin)

Rain and Tears(GuiLun+JJ Lin) -   chapter 2: Misunderstanding (Ying Jie)

 

Arron had been avoiding me for the last three days after the incident,and even changed places with another student.
That day,while he was in the classroom,Wayne had come up behind me.
"Ying Jie,what you are doing on the school rooftop at this time?"Wayne smiled
"I was just talking to Arron,he went to class to get my birthday present."
His expression darkened,the smile withering away.
"Why is it Arron again?Why can't it be me for once?"Wayne came closer,step by step.
"What do you mean?"I moved backwards,trying to avoid him.
"Do you know why I was always in the same class as you for so many years?It's because I love you!"
"Don't come any closer..."I stammered.Why didn't I see that earlier?
"We have been friends for 13 years,but you had to love Arron,who you have known for less than a year!"
Wayne took another stp forward and hugged me tightly.
"What are you doing?!"I yelled.
"Ying Jie,I love you,I really love you!"Iwas about to hit back,push him away,but he pulled me closer and kissed me!
That moment,I heard a crash,and saw Arron standing at the staircase,undisguised pain and anguish in his eyes.My eyes widened in surprise,but before I could say anything,he turned and ran back down the steps.
I used all my strength to push Wayne away and run after him.
Now,he was giving me the cold shoulder.That was the main problem,since I had already forgiven Wayne already.
I sat at my desk,writing in my diary and thinking of a solution.Finally,I came to a decision:
Approach Arron after school and explain everything.If he still didn't want to believe me,there was nothing else that I could do.
After school...
"Arron,"I walked by his side."That day-"
"Don't talk to me,don't try to explain,because I have already lost my trust in you."his cold reply made tears prick at my eyes.
"That day,Wayne kissed me and hugged me,I didn't ask for him to do it.He came up behind me and did that,I swear."I paused."Arron,please believe me,I'm begging you!"
"I don't want to hear your lies anymore,just... Just go away."
My eyes could only hold so much tears and now,they were overflowing,the tears streaming down my face.
"Fine...If...If you want me to go away,I will!"I turned and ran,ran away from Arron.
I felt my diary slip from my arms,but I didn't stop,just continued running,across the road...
"Ying Jie!Watch out!"it was Arron's voice!
I saw the car then,coming towards me without stopping.I had no time to react before the impact.
With each blink,more tears welled up,as I felt the hot road beneath my back,the throbbing pain in ny head,my side.
But...Why were my tears red?Had I cried until there were no more tears left,so I had started shedding blood?
My head hurt too much to think,and I was tired,so tired