Chapter 1: The 1st Meeting/Profession of Love/Shock

Rain and Tears (GuiLun+JJ Lin)

Rain and Tears(GuiLun+JJ Lin) -   chapter 1: The 1st Meeting/Profession of Love/Shock

Okay,this is actually 3 chapters together,but each chapter is like super short,so who cares.Just enjoy the story,ppl!

------------------

Ying Jie POV

The day I met Arron was also the first day of school.
I was hurrying down the hallway to my classroom,when I was pushed down by a person.
"Hey!Look where you're going!"I scolded the Somebody angrily.
"I'm very sorry."he extended his hand towards me and pulled me up.
"You..."
But when I saw him,it was as if I had become a mute.All the things that I had wanted to say a few seconds ago disappeared from my mind,as the student smiled at me.
He had straight,dark hair,a pale oval face,large bright eyes and his smile...
Oh,his smile!I'd bet that it could melt even the hardest hearts!
"Are you alright?"he looked at me with concern in his eyes.
"Yeah..."
Oh my gosh!I really couldn't think of anything else to say...
He smiled at me once again and went on his way.
Was this...Love at first sight?
The first person i saw as I stepped into the classroom was Wayne.He had been in the same class as me from primary school and it was really weird that we were in the same class again in junior college.
"Hi,Ying Jie!"
Since Wayne had been in the same class as me for so many years,we had become good friends.
"Hi..."
The bell rang,then,and I sat down at a seat near the window,putting my books on the table,when I heard a familiar voice.
"Excuse me,is anyone sitting here?"
I looked up and saw the cute guy who had knocked me down just now.
"It's you!"we exclaimed at the same time.
He recovered from the surprise first and held his hand out to me.
"I'm Arron Yan."
"I'm Wu Ying Jie."
And so,we always sat together in class from that day onwards.Our characters were totally different:
Arron was quiet,patient and loved to play the flute.I was impatient,restless and had no particular talents.
Nevertheless,we soon were the best of friends.

2 months later...
"Ying Jie,I'll walk you home,okay?"Arron said after school.
"Okay..."
That was the first time that I was alone with Arron,and I didn't know what to say,so I kept on glancing at his face.I saw him everyday,but why did I find that he was particularly handsome today?

No.No,we are best friends,but I can't possibly fall in love with him.I'm not good enough for him.
"Ying Jie,we've reached your house."Arron's voice broke through my train of thoughts.
"Oh...Umm...Thanks for walking home with me today.Bye!"
"Bye!"
Arron pressed a note into my hand,but before I could ask him what it was for,he walked off.
How infuriating!
I went into my bedroom and sat on my bed,unfolding the piece of paper and reading the sentences written in Arron's untidy scrawl.
Ying Jie,I've something to tell you.We'll meet at the beach today at five.Waiting for you,Arron
I glanced at my watch.Two p.m.Three more hours.
*****
Five p.m.
"Where's Arron?"I thought."It's already five."
"Ying Jie."he tapped on my shoulder gently.
"What's the important thing?"I asked.
He had an awkward expression on his face.
"Ying Jie...I...I love you,I really love you.Will...Will you be my girlfriend?"
Suddenly,the only things I could hear was the sound of my heartbeat beating faster,the sound of Arron's voice,as the surroundings turned strangely quiet.
Oh my gosh.Oh my gosh.How was I supposed to react?It was all too sudden.Why was Arron asking me this?

Agree.Tell him yes.Just that one word...
I stepped forward,embracing him tightly.
"Arron...Yes,I agree!"

              Arron POV

11 August

I sat on the school's rooftop with Ying Jie,feeling the gentle breeze brushing across our skin.
We had been together for approximately half a year already,and Ying Jie had introduced me to one of her friends,a student in her class called Wayne.
He was friendly,if not a little cold towards me.
"Arron,have you forgotten what day is it today?"Ying Jie asked me.
"What?Oh,it's your birthday,"I smiled at her."I'll get your gift,wait for me!"I ran to the classroom and took Ying Jie's present out from under my desk-her favourite CD.I knew that she would like it.
I went back to the rooftop,the CD in my hand.
"Ying Jie!"
To my shock and horror,she was hugging Wayne,kissing himhim.
The CD dropped from my hand and hit the ground with a resounding crash,cracking on impact.
That was when Ying Jie saw me.She pushed Wayne away,"Arron!"
But I didn't reply,didn't even look back.
How could she do this to me?
"Arron!"Ying Jie grabbed my arm.
"Let go,I don't wish to see you!"
'please...I can explain,it's not what it looks like..."she had tears in her eyes as she pleaded with me,but how could I believe her,after what I just saw?
"Didn't I say let go?"I shook her hand off,glaring at her."Wu Ying Jie,I didn't know that you were this sort of person."
"I..."
"You what?It was not your fault,that I should believe you?After what you did with Wayne?"I asked."Ying Jie,please,don't say anymore.I have no way to trust you anymore.Let's just end our relationship like this."
Without waiting for an answer,I went off,feeling the fiery anger burning in my heart.I ignored Ying Jie's teary cries,blocked her voice out,trying to forget what I had just seen.
When I reached home,I took out all of the photos we had taken together and went to the backyard.
I threw the pictures onto the grass and set fire to them,not bearing to look as Ying Jie's smiling face burst into flames,blackened,finally reduced to a pile of ashes.