Part 2 (Final)

Flower under the Moon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Please listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M5QAOFu85c

 

# # # # # YOOCHUN'S P.O.V. # # # # # #

 

We went to the place where my car was parked. "We'll be riding this?" I smiled, "Yep. Unless, you want to walk."

"Do you even know how to drive?" She asked, worry was visible in her voice. I went to her and led her inside my car. As she sat on the convertible, I assured her, "I have a license so stop worrying too much." She nodded before I closed the door.

As I entered, Seohyun was looking forward and was sitting straight. I could only smile to myself. I started the engine when she suddenly shouted,

"Fasten your seatbelt!" I was a bit shocked by her outburst and I did what she asked.

"How can you forget the most important thing for driving? Are we really going to be all right?"

I could only laugh awkwardly, "Sorry sorry..." I returned my attention on starting the engine and then, we made it to the main road. I saw her looking out the window as her hands kept on fidgeting. "Relax," I said as I smiled at her. She only nodded in return and we had the comfortable silence all throughout.

 

---- At the Restaurant ----

We were done ordering the food. So, while waiting I took the opportunity to ask her questions, "So, uhmm, why are you so uptight especially in wearing the seatbelts?"

 

"Well, you know Mr. Cho, right?! One time, he went home so late. He rode a taxi and didn't wear his seatbelt. Then, they met an accident. The taxi driver died and Mr. Cho was in a really critical condition but he recovered soon. So, from then on, I've been cautious in wearing the seatbelt since we don't know when the accidents will occur..." I listened to her quietly. She and Mr. Cho shared a deeper bond. I could see the different aura she was emitting every time she mentioned the name. I don't feel good about it. I could feel something at the pit of my stomach. Then, the waitress came with our food. She served Seohyun's food with a grumpy look but as she served mine, she's all smiling and giddy.

"Do you want anything else, sir?" She asked with that high tone that I really hate.

"We'll just call you. Thank you," I said.

"Okay," she said as she made a wink. I shook my head as she left.

"Girls would really follow you everywhere," Seohyun said as she put a piece of her steak in .

"Its not that I wanted them to. They just come to me, you know," I replied as I started eating my food, too.

"Of course." I could sense the difference on her tone, 'Is she jealous?'

I think I was a bit excited on this thought that I accidentally splashed a little sauce on my uniform. Seohyun saw this and immediately gave me some tissue to wipe on it.

"I'll go to the restroom. Excuse me," I stood up while Seohyun simply nodded. After a couple of minutes, I immediately went back.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Its just a little stain," I said as I continued to eat my food.

"So, I've been meaning to ask you this." I looked at her with questioning look. "Why did you pick to eat here? I heard you had your father's restaurant. We won't have to pay if ever we eat there."

I stopped eating and looked towards the far-end table just by the window. I saw my younger self with mom and dad, laughing happily. "This is a place that has all of my happy memories," I paused and looked at her. I reached for her hand, "I want to share it with you." I could see her eyes widened.

The moment was interrupted when a waitress came with two small round cakes and a candle on top, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the two of you! This is a gift from the restaurant." It seemed that Seohyun took this opportunity to withdraw her hands from my grip and she clapped happily, "Wow!"

"Enjoy!" The waitress continued then, she soon left. I looked at Seohyun with 'What is the meaning of this?' look. She seemed to understand,

"They said that they give cakes to those who will celebrate their birthday here. We passed your birthday, right? So, while you were in the toilet I told them that it’s your birthday." I found myself at a loss of words for a while. She knew the date of my birthday? Even my father had completely forgotten it.

"But, why are there two cakes?"

"I told them it’s my birthday, too," she said as she started putting creams in .I smiled, then, I started to eat the cake, too.

"Is it really your birthday today? What if they ask for some proofs?" I asked.

"Well, they can't do anything about it since we have already eaten them."

I smiled to myself, 'She's really strange. There's something about her, compared to the girls that I've met.'

I thought the rest day would go smoothly when,

"Oh, so this is what you mean by traveling abroad, Yoochunnie-" Yoona, the spoiled brat came to the scene. I immediately stood up, "O-oh, long time no see, Yoona." I don't know why but I kept stammering. I took glances on Seohyun but she didn't seem to care since she continued munching on the cake.

"Who's this girl? Are you dating another girl again?" She said with a mocking voice.

"Watch your words. She's very important to me," I said as I blocked Yoona's view on Seohyun. She seemed to be insulted so she took the glass with water and threw the water on me. I didn't say anything since I admit that I really deserved that. As soon as she left, people from the restaurant started whispering. I saw Seohyun placed some money on the table. She grabbed my hand and we went out of the restaurant. When we entered the car, Seohyun started wiping my face with tissue. I turned to her and our noses touched because of the close proximity. Seohyun immediately turned away and gave the tissue to me.

"I'm sorry."

"You did not do anything to me. So, there's nothing for you to be sorry about." With that, I started the engine and we were once again filled with silence. My car wouldn't fit on their narrow road so I parked it and walked her home. On our way, she tripped on a big rock causing her to stumble and had her knee bleeding.

"Keh. You're so clumsy," so, I crouched in front of her. "What are you doing?" She asked with a bewildered look.

"Get on."

"I can still walk." After saying that, she stumbled once again. So, she left me no choice. I scooped her up and carried her on a bridal style,

"Hey! Let me down!"

"I gave you one chance a while ago and you didn't take it. So, stop whining."

She understood and let me carried her.  She buried her face on my shoulder. Surprisingly, she was very light just like a feather.

"Seohyun-ah..." Without looking at me she replied, "Hmm?"

"What I said earlier was true." She moved to look at me and I stared back directly on her eyes, "Even if this one month ends, do you still want to meet with me? Then, this spring..." Seohyun started to look away and leaned again on my shoulder "... we may not be able to go to Canary Islands but—"

"I decline."

I stopped walking and tried to look at Seohyun but her hair is on the way. I can't believe what I'm hearing, "What?"

"The only reason that you and I were able to have fun was because we had a limit of one month, right?" I could feel her shifting her body so she could rest comfortably on my arms. "If I want anything more from here, there would be more feelings of worry, jealousy and so on. It will be even more troublesome..."

I'm starting to hear clearly her words of rejection, "and besides, this will be last thing that you want to happen, right?!" I closed my eyes and let the old memory during the burial of my mother flow...

'It was a burden. Having someone SPECIAL is heavy.'

 

I started to open my eyes and stared at the quiet street. I started poke myself and let myself realize of this whole thing so I let out a laugh, "Ehe... I'm sorry. You're right. Now that I think about it, I can't actually live a life without girls."

I could feel the strong grip of Seohyun's arm on neck, "I know."

"But really, I'm sad that after 3 days, we will part," I continued to speak but my mind is all blank.

"I'm honored."

Seohyun buried her face again while I smell on her hair. Then, we finally arrived on her home, "Don't forget to disinfect your wound."

"I won't." I waved to her and started to walk away when she suddenly called, "Yoochun!" I immediately turned back, anticipating that she might have changed her mind about dating me.

"Don't forget to fasten your seatbelt," she shouted then hurriedly went inside. I could only smile.

 

--- At School (Dismissal) ---

"Guys, I'll go ahead. I've got to deliver these flowers to the pri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter