Chapter 4

The Real Me

Next morning

*Hyun Shik's Pov*

I stretched my arms and rubbed my eyes. Yawn. I look at the clock. 7:40. My eyes widen. We're late! I ran to my sister's room, the door was opened and the room was empty. Where is she?  I searched for her in the bathroom and kitchen. No one. I heard mumbling. I walked towards the sound, it was coming from the living room. On the sofa laid my sister, she was sweating all over.

"Sis, wake up. We are late!" I said as I roughly tugged on her sleeve. She suddenly sits up panicking and wiped cold sweat from her forehead. "It was a dream" I heard her mumble to herself. "I think you caught a cold, sis" I said touching her forehead. She took out her phone and puts on her glasses, her eyes widen when she sees the time. "It's 7:50 already", she exclaimed running to the kitchen to make lunch while she told me to get ready for school.

*Jimin's Pov*

I woke up feeling slightly dizzy, realising that the time was 7:50. I rush to the kitchen to make our breakfast and lunches as my brother goes to his room to get ready. I made ham and cheese sandwiches simultaneously turning on the toaster. I placed the sandwich and the snacks in a paper bag then buttering the toast and put it on the table. I ran to my room and took a quick shower and put on my sport uniform. I sneezed again. "Urg", I said holding my head feeling light headed. But there was no time for that , so I ran downstairs to see a piece of toast in my brother's mouth as he balanced to put his shoes on "are you are okay, I can walk to school by myself", "no it's not safe I'm coming with you, did you take your lunch?" I said grabbing my breakfast and running to the door to put my shoes on. "Yes I did" he replied. 

I left Hyun Shik at the entrance of his school. "Sorry, Hyun Shik. I'll walk you to your classroom next time." "It's okay. I can walk by myself. "We waved goodbye. He turned and ran. My body walked in the opposite direction, still looking at him running into the classroom. Thump! "s-sorry", I stood up again looking around for my glasses. I couldn't really see anything, "here you go I think this is your glasses", he said and I thanked him a bolted to school. Ahh I want to keep a perfect attendance. Why did I decide to clean up the house? And what was with that nightmare? My body shivered.

*Jungkook's Pov*

Yawn. I grabbed hyung's shoulder and half heartedly shook him. "Taehyung get up it's 8:00 ", I said dully, still in a white tee and black sweatpants, other hand ruffling my hair. " What! it's 8:00", he questioned in disbelief. "Chill out, we grab a late note. I'm not bothered to run" I reassured him. "What? no, I was already late this week, I can't be late again my mum is going to kill me" he said as he darted back and forth around the room, changing into his sport uniform, quickly rinsing his face and fixing his messy bad hair. I put Taehyung's spare sport uniform with no sense of urgency whatsoever. Taehyung rushed out the door. "I'm gonna go ahead, so bye." He popped his head back inside and reminded me, "remember to look my door" "Hyung, wait for me", I reached my hand out stumbling into my shoes but he already disappeared.

Why do I have such a numbskull for a hyung? My life ... I exited the apartment block and I strolled along the sidewalk captivated by a scene of young parents on either side of their son, no older than five. Genuine smiles plastered on their faces emitting a joyous aura. Bump all of a sudden, someone ran into me and fell on their back. The guy breathed heavily as he squinted his eyes and scanned the area for something. Is he okay? He apologised, stood up scavenged around. black framed glasses laid in the opposite direction of where the poor guy was searching. I picked them up, "here, I think this is yours", I handed him the glasses. He thanked me and bolted off. That's the same uniform as me. It's 8:43. He's probably gonna be late regardless. Why bother? That reminded me of that girl I bumped into yesterday, maybe I'll see her again today. I reluctantly hauled myself to school. 10 minutes late and entered my first class: dance. 

*Jimin's Pov*

I arrived at the school entrance gasping for air. I'm exhausted. "I arrived on time" I said to myself, then sneezing again. I went my first class: dance. 

My dance teacher was forcing us to do stretches before teaching us a new choreography for the first semester's performance. Still, people don't seem to see me. 10 minutes into the lesson the doorknob rattles and the door swings open, a tall guy walked in. Girls squealed and crowded around him. He seemed flustered as if he didn't want the attention. He declined all their offers respectfully. I retreated into the corner and continued to stretch my limbs.

Teacher: "Keep this up and you won't be performing for the first semester's performance and I'll fail you, so start taking this seriously.

???: Yes Ms. T/L/N. he said in a regretful manner.

We began to learn the choreo but then I started to feel a little dizzy. Luckily the period concluded. Recess. I was last to leave the classroom. I was sweating more than usual. I dragged my stubborn body to the lockers. Geez, these headaches are killing me. I should stop by the nurse's office for some pills.

*Taehyung's Pov*

First period was dance, luckily I made to school on time but jungkook still hasn't arrived yet. 10 minutes into the lesson Jungkook finally arrives. Teacher: "Keep this up and you won't be performing for the first semester's performance and I'll fail you, so start taking this seriously." After the crowd of girls disperses in disappointment he walked up to me. "Thanks for leaving me behind", " your welcome", I smiled at him cheekily. Annoyed, he punched me in the arm.

The period ended and I ran out the room with Jungkook but I realised I forgot my bottle and went back in the classroom. I found my bottle on the table. I walked out and searched for Jungkook. But then I saw a guy with glasses struggling and it think he was heading to the nurse's room. I wanted to help him but something interrupted my thoughts. Where'd Jungkook go? I went to go search for him.

*Jimin's Pov*

Nurse's office

I popped my head into the nurse's office and walk in. " Hello, what are you here for" the nurse ask me, "I feel a little dizzy and have these reoccurring headaches.""You should get some rest" she gestured towards the vacant beds.""Can I just take some medicine" I asked. "If you insist" she said and returned with two pills and a cup of water. "Thankyou" I said. "You might feel a little sleepy after you take this so you should rest here. I'll wake you up when recess is over." A little nap won't hurt. Maybe I should get some rest. I took the pills then laid into one of the vacant beds. Took off my glasses and put them next to the pillow. I made myself comfortable and closed my eyes. 

-

The clear sound of bells ringing woke me up. I sprung and retrieved my bag. I walked to the door and looked back at the nurse. "Thank you for your help.""No problem,"she replied.That was a nice nap. I stretched my arms out, nearly hitting someone's face. "Whoa, careful" a familiar voice said. But who was it?  "Oh sorry, I didn't see you there", I bowed and ran to class.

*Jungkook's Pov*

I'm tired. I entered the nurse's office and sat on the vacant bed. The other was occupied. "Here again, Jungkook?" the nurse questioned. "Yeah for a little nap" I replied. then laid down staring at the ceiling. gradually, my eyes closed. The bell rung loudly in my ears. Is recess over already? I heard rustling of things, a bag perhaps? "Thank you for your help." a familiar voice said. footsteps disappeared into the corridor. "Jungkook, class is starting. Get up." I got up and left. Walking through the corridor, a guy almost hit my face with his thin arms.

-

school ended. 

*Jimin's Pov*

I'm feeling dizzy again. I think the medicine wore off. I standing unsteadily, swaying side to side. Hyun Shik ran towards me for a hug. My balance was disrupted. I held onto Hyun Shik's shoulder to prevent my body from falling. "Sis, are you okay?" He asked petrified at my unstable state. I finally registered that I was gripping his shoulder really hard. I released him. "Sorry, Hyun Shik. I'm ok" I reassured him. I held his tiny hands as we walked home. 

*Jungkook's Pov*

Taehyung's house

I should go back home. I'll probably bother hyung if I stay too long. I stuffed my clothes and things into my blue and black duffle bag. 

-third person-

Taehyung sat in a comfortable position against his pillow with his laptop on his lap. Sheets of paper laying messily next to him as well as several pens. In one hand was a calculator, the other a black pen. His intense eyes covered by red prescription glasses stared into the calculator as he pumped numbers into his calculator. "Hey, kookie. Can you come over here? I need you to do something for me." V called from his bed. 

*Jungkook's Pov*

I zipped up my bags and left them at the door. I walked towards the bathroom to retrieved my toiletries when I heard hyung calling for me from his bedroom. I slid through his half-open door and presented myself in front of him. He took off his glasses setting them on his new coffee coloured table. "Can you get some groceries for me?" he asked. "Sure, hyung. "Then Taehyung handed me a list of groceries items and some money. I put on a thick blue hoodie and put on my joggers and opened the door to leave when hyung called out, "oh and you pick up a book I reserved at a bookstore near the shopping district. Just say Kim Eon Jin. That's all, thanks, Kookie."

-

my hands hovered in front of my face as I warmed them with my breath. Supermarket first.

I grabbed a shopping basket. As I past each aisle, the basket gradually began to fill up. I grabbed a tub of margarine and put it with the rest of the groceries. Margarine. Check. All done. I went to counter and paid for the items. Now, bookstore. I wandered around the shopping district with shopping bags in my hand.

I walked in, the bell at the door jingled. At the counter, a guy with black prescription glasses was engrossed into an old thick book. Still unaware of my presence. I put the groceries on a chair near the counter. "Uh-hum," I purposely cleared my throat. The guy was still immersed in the novel yet readjusted his glasses without looking up. Did he not hear me?  it's kinda dull. Dim light illuminated the interior. I scanned the store: old fashion, slightly dusty shelves. "Uh-hum," I cleared my throat again louder. This time, the guy turned over the page. What the hell?  I couldn't really see his face as his glasses cover half of his face.

˜˜˜