Chapter 1

The Real Me

Friday Night

Jimin hid under the small wooden table in her room as her dad was about to come home sober anytime soon and beat her up like what he did to her mum, when she was still here that is. Her mother past away two years ago, her dad had assaulted and abused her until the day her mother decided that she couldn't continue living like this and took her own life. 

*Flash Back*

Jimin, fifteen year old at the time, unfortunately witnessed her mother commit suicide. She stood there, at the door as her mother hung from a thick rope. Her hand froze on the doorknob as well as the rest of her body as if she was stuck in time. The rope became drenched in velvet liquid as it scraped against her mother's neck with her mother's every movement. The room was dim. The mirror on the other side of the room has been purposefully smashed leaving evidence leading to her mother's knuckles, blood clung onto the sharp pieces of shattered glass pierced deep into her mother's skin. A trail of fresh blood lead to the mirror. Her long dark messy hair covered her face. The sharp movements had died down. What was left were small twitches that were soon gone. Her body went limp, her mother's head hung low as colour drained from her skin. Unfortunate jimin collapsed onto the floor, trying to process everything in her mind but it was no use. Every little detail, carved deep into the back of her mind. From then onwards, she blamed herself for what happened, not being able to do anything, not being able to act faster, not being strong enough, not being able to help.

*End of Flash Back*

Jimin's Father yelled "Hey! Park Jimin, where's your manners? When your father comes home you should greet him. Come down." "I'll teach you some manners", he mutters under his breath.

Her dad pounded the door. "Get out, now". Jimin cowered further under the table. Please, make this stop. Someone, please get me and my brother out of this hell hole. She pleaded silently. Her body began to tremble. Her hands instinctively shielded her ears from all the noise. "GET OUT, NOW" her father yelled. Hyun Shik gonna wake up from all this racket. She suddenly realise. I don't want him to hear this.

She came out. Eyes glued to the floor, not daring to meet the eyes of her somber father. Still trembling, her dad grabbed a handful of her hair and dragged her to commence his monthly ritual...

Note: If you want to keep reading PG skip these two paragraphs

*Park Jimin's Pov*

Once he hits me, it'll be over. It'll be over soon. I persuaded myself. petrified as I was dragged out of the room. He threw me down onto the floor hard and pinned me down. An odd sensation ran up my thigh. Chills ran up my spine. His breath quickened and reeked of alcohol. He ed my blouse. One, two, three... My father is gonna to me? I laid there in disbelief. A sudden realisation then hit me. Why should I endure this? Will I end up like mum? Why not just take Hyun Shik and run away? I swung my right arm at the figure on top of me. My elbow made direct contact with his head, sending him rolling into the wall. Bam.

"Come back here you b*tch" he said as he regained a bit of his composure and grabbed my left wrist. I tried relentlessly to escape from my father's grip but it wouldn't loosen, he effortlessly threw me onto the couch and stripped me. After a while of silent screaming (trying not to wake up Hyun Shik). After a quite some time the word hellhole had a whole new meaning. Suddenly, he slumped onto the ground. He passed out. My father just ually assaulted me. I was trying to register this into my mind as scooped up my clothes and ran into my room.

I scrubbed hard at the fresh hickeys but it was no use. Why won't they disappear? Tears stung my eyes and ran steadily down my face. I hated myself for not being able to protect mum. I could have put a stop all this if I was stronger. I wish I was stronger than this. I got out of the shower and stared at the hickeys on side my neck and around my torso. I put on a sweater and tracksuit pants to hide them. I treaded carefully to my brother's room. My hand gripped the doorknob and twisted it slowly. Good, he's asleep, I hope he didn't hear anything.

*Hyun Shik's Pov*

Did she fall for it? Good. I should be the one protecting my sister since mum... I'm a good boy and won't cause trouble for sis. I wish aunt was here, she would have stopped all of this.

*Park Jimin's Pov*

Then I locked my door after returning to my room. I finally I felt safe.

[Note: apparently, jimin's dad forgets what he did when he was somber (cliche but let's just roll with that).]

I glanced at my phone. 18 new messages. Images and videos of SNSD and Super Junior. I always looked up to SNSD and Super Junior, I enjoyed singing along with the music and dancing to it. I took ballet lessons when I was 5 and singing classes back when my mum was alive as she supported my dreams and said that I could become a kpop star myself. But all I wanted now is to become stronger and support my brother. Tears erupted from my eyes but this time they won't stop. As I cried myself to sleep.

˜˜˜

A/N

Please comment about your thoughts and please follow me. :))))) Please enjoy

ILU GUYS ºª•¶§∞¢£™¡

Follow me on wattpad guys: https://www.wattpad.com/user/KattyTram987