Chapter 3

The Real Me

*Jungkook's Pov*

I was distracted as Taehyung kept texting so I took my phone.

TaeTae

U there Kookie

sent at 3:30

TaeTae 

Hello

sent at 3:31

Kookie

Yeah..

sent at 3:35

TaeTae 

I think I left my maths book in ur bag soo...

sent at 3:37

Kookie 

u did on purpose didn't you, y didn't you tell me earlier

sent at 3:37

TaeTae

maybe... just come over I just remember now

sent at 3:40

Kookie 

urg.. fine but u better have food there cause I'm starving

sent at  3:41

TaeTae

yep I have plenty so don't worry

sent at 3: 45

Kookie 

y r u taking soo long to reply to me

sent at 3:45

TaeTae 

I am taking a nice bath so shhh...

sent at 3:49

Kookie

ok... ill be there i----

Before I got to finish texting Taehyung someone bumps into me. I was annoyed at Taehyung and forgot to apologise. What is it with today and bumping into people, snap out of it Jungkook. I looked up from my phone. Oh, its a guy this time. Nice haircut though. Then I continued walking, looked back at my phone again and replied.

Kookie

ok... I'll be there in 5 mins

sent at 3:55

TaeTae 

What took u soo long to reply, huh

sent at 3:58

Kookie

...

nothin

(Just bumped into someone)

sent at 3:59

TaeTae 

 Ok then

 text me when you arrived

sent at 4:01

Kookie 

k

sent at 4:01 

-

Taehyung's House

I stood at Taehyung's front door. Knock. Knock. No sounds. Knock. knock. knock. still no response. I walked back out to the front lawn and looked up to find the lights on in one of the windows on the second floor. Oh, right. He told me to text him. 

Kookie

 I'm at your front door

please hurry up and open it

it's freezing out here

sent at 4:03

I heard thuds and thumps from the second floor to the first. it became louder and louder until silence. Seconds later, the front door swung open revealing hyung in a light grey oversized jumper exposing a bit of his collarbone, sleeves going over his wrists revealing his fingertips. A black and red beats headphone nestled around his neck. He lost his footing and nearly fell on me. He regained he balanced after quickly grabbing sides of the door frame with both hands which managed and jolt his body upright. "Sorry about that", he rubbed the back of his neck with a face displaying a hint of guilt. "What were you doing? I knocked several times. You didn't answer the door" I said walking into his cosy house as he stepped to the side allowing me through. " That's why I told you to text me I was listening to tunes while taking a nap". This guy. 

-

I ended up staying at his house, as it was now really late.

*Jimin's Pov*

That guy was glued to his phone, only glancing briefly at me and returned to tapping on his phone. 

As I arrived at the bookstore for my shift, I zoned out, daydreaming about life as a kpop star. Aah Choo! I sneezed back to reality and entered the bookstore. The smell of books infiltrated the air, the old fashioned shelves stood firm though their end is coming soon, my manager greeted me and left for an appointment. In the female employee's lockers, I attached my shiny chocolate coloured name tag onto my jacket and went behind the counter I got out my maths book, and decided to finish my school work here so I can have time with my brother instead of finishing the previous book I was reading here last week.

-

6:30 pm: End of shift. my manager handed me a white envelope slightly thicker than last time. Did I get a raise?

I stepped out the bookstore and onto the footpath. It was slightly dark now. the streetlight lights lit up one by one. I peeked at the new possession in my hand. That's a lot of cash. I scurried gleefully to a convenience store nearby. I skimmed through my imaginary shopping list: milk, eggs, bread, some rice, chicken, vegetables. Oh, I should get something sweet for Hyun Shik. The memory of Hyun Shik happily swinging on the seat resurfaced. Oh I wish I could do more for him.

I arrived home and looked around the house to see if my father was at home, luckily he wasn't. Then I saw a note on the fridge by my aunty, 'I'm going to visit your grandma as she is getting old, I might stay here for a week or two, with your dad.' I read. I walked to my brother's room Knock knock. "Come in," Hyun Shik said. I walked into his room and knelt beside him, looking over his shoulder. I swung a shopping bag containing his favourite ice cream cake. His eyes locked onto them until he figured out what it was. As he turned his head to face me he suggested, "let's eat it toget--" his eyes widened a bit and asked " did you cut your hair?" 

" yes, I did. Why?" I replied,

"because I like your long hair, why is it soo short sis." 

"well, they accidentally cut my hair this short, I just wanted my hair shorter than before but this haircut is fine."

" but you look like a boy". 

" I just wanted to have a new start, so did you need any help with the homework."

" no, I just finished it"

" okay, wash up and I'll make dinner. We can eat this cake for dessert", 

"ok, sis" Hyun Shik replied. He disappeared into the bathroom.

I went into the kitchen to put the cake into the freezer and sorted out the rest of the groceries and put them away. Then I began to cook dinner.

On the dining table, I put two bowls of rice with chicken and a salad to eat with. I walked into the hallway and called his name"Hyun Shik, dinner is ready", "I'm coming" he yells from his room. I walked back to the kitchen and sat at the dining table patiently waiting for my brother to come down and join me eat. I heard footsteps in the hallway as he finally enters the kitchen and joins me at the table. 

"Thanks for the food sis", he smiled widely at me. We finished our meal and put it in the sink and my brother ran to the living room, flopped onto the sofa to watch tv, while I did the dishes. Later, after cleaning all the plates and putting the leftover rice and chicken in the fridge, as I sneezed again" urrg... it's cold". A sudden realisation hit me. The cake! I quickly took out the cake from the freezer, cut it into ten slices, placed two on the two plates separately, got two spoons and put the rest of the cakes back into the fridge. 

He was snickering at some cartoon. As I brought out the two plates and place them gently onto the coffee table, he looked at me and smiled brightly. We ate it as we both watch some kiddy cartoon.  He finished his cake and we put out plate back on the coffee table and continues watching. Brrrr, my phone vibrated. I fished out my phone from my pocket. there was a message:

From Aunt:

In case if you haven't seen the note on the fridge your dad and I are going to stay with your grandma for and a week or two.

sent at 8:40

message read.

As I finished reading the message, I turn to my brother to tell him but he was slowly dozing off. His head kept bobbing up and down sleepily and his eyes refused to stay open. Note to self: tomorrow, tell Hyun Shik the news. I picked him up. Geez, his heavier than he used to be. And carried him into his room. I carefully placed him on the bed and put the blanket over him. I knelt down beside the bed and stared at his face. He's such young loving boy. He deserves more than this. I leaned over to kiss his forehead, accidentally waking him. 

" Good night sis", he said sleepily, "Good night to you too". I went back into the living room and cleaned up the plate. I changed into my pjs and glanced at the clock 9:30, I decided to clean the house up because it was still early but where were my glasses? I went back to the kitchen to clean the benches and dining table. Then going to the living room to clean the coffee table. I swept under the sofa when my broom hit something. I crouched down and put my head on the floor looking for the cause of disrupting my cleaning. Ah. Found them. I put on my black prescription glasses. Sweeping the floors, I took my out phone. 10:50. I felt tired, yawned widely and laid on the sofa putting my glasses on the coffee table. I'll just take a short nap

-

Dream ∞•∞

Darkness stretched to all the corners of the room. room, white ceiling, white floor, white walls. Dim light appeared above me

"It's your fault. Its all your fault" a voice called out from the distance. Who was that? "You did this to me. Why did you do this to me?" The voice called out again, this time clearer and closer. "You made me suffer" closer. The voice sounded familiar "you caused my death" this voice.. "you killed me." 

I was 15 again.

I fell back speechless as my mother suffocated. "It's your fault. its all your fault" she managed to get out before becoming a corpse. Blood stains from stabs and cuts were visible all over her body. I was shaking. Something cold and hard was held in my hand. I looked down. A knife covered in blood. Out if terror, I release the knife from my grip. I stared at my hands soaked in blood. This can't be happening. Somehow, a mirror popped up in front of me. Showing my reflection but my reflection was moving on its own. "You killed her,( you finally did it. well done. mother. check. father. next target.") It said with a menacing smile.

˜˜˜

A/N

I promise you guys it gets more interesting for here on out. LEts just get this book to 100 views 

ILY Guys fighting