Chapter 3: My New Flatmate?

Your Mysterious Wish

Sojung’s POV

“I’m your new flat mate.” My eyes widen and freeze.

I let out a little laugh, “I think you’ve got the wrong flat, Ms Hwang.” 

She looks at me confused, “Are you Ms Kim Sojung?” I feel a sharp pain in my head when she says Sojung.

I held my head and continue to smile at her, “Yes, I am.”

”Well, that proves I’m not wrong. You, yourself, said this to me.” She furrows her eyebrows, her face shows clear distress.

I scratch the back of my head and sigh as I see her luggage behind her. She only had one big pink bag and her purse.

”Come in, let’s talk this through.” I step aside for her and welcome her with a warm smile. I notice her glance up at me as she walks past me.

We walk to the living room and I sit down. She watches my movement. I sigh heavily, and pat the sofa.

”Sit down, it’s not too comfortable but it’s something.” I sit up straight as she sits right next to me and now on the other sofa like I expected.

”Uh, well then,” There was a pause before I continued, “Alright, I’ll tell you. The thing is I was drunk last night.”

She furrows her brows and before she could say anything I cut her off, “Before you say anything, I didn’t get drunk on purpose. It seems something was added to my drink.” I raise an eyebrow at Yewon who was floating behind Eunbi. She shrugs.

”Not my fault that it was your wish, Honey.” Yewon crunches on her chips.

I roll my eyes but turn back to Eunbi, “I hope you can forgive me.”

As I look at Eunbi, I notice the tears rolling down her face. My eyes widen. Her face forced a smile and she was looking down at her clenched fists. She sniffled quietly. I notice Yewon go behind Eunbi to get a tissue box. 

“Ar-are you alright there..?” I ask softly. She was trying to hold back her tears. She was trying to not make a sound. She held it in but she was shaking.

Yewon pokes the tissue box behind my back and I grab it and hand her some tissues. 

“I-I’m sorry...I-it’s just that...I told you about how I barely had money to even own the dorm rooms anymore and you sa-said it was fine if lived with you...” She stuttered and her face flushed a little red as she wipes the tears away, “I was really happy...but now I found that you were just drunk and didn’t mean it...” 

She starts to cry again silently. I feel bad. This was my fault. I’m not mean person. I really don’t like seeing someone else sad especially when it’s because of me. I sigh heavily and grab a tissue. I lean near her face and gently wipe her tears away.

”Please stop crying,” I began softly, “I’ll let you stay, alright?”

I notice her face turn red but a smile fills her face, “Re-really?”

I nod and she squeals, “Th-thank you so much! Wh-where do I stay? I’ll pay too. I’m going to be starting my part time job so I will pay you howev-“ 

“It’s fine. You can worry about paying me later.” I push my hair back with a smile.

”We-well,” Eunbi begins, “Wh-where can I stay, Ms Kim?”

I let out a laugh, “Sojung. Call me Sojung. I might be a senior but we’re flatmates from now on.”

Eunbi turns red, “Th-then, you can call me SinB...All my friends call me SinB.” She smiles at me.

“Alright then, SinB,” I smirk as she lowers her head to the way I say her name, “There’s a spare room I have but there’s no mattress or anything. We’re going to have to get you a bed for you so until then you can sleep on the sofa, is that alright?”

SinB nods happily, “Yes, thank you so much!”

I felt my heart beat faster as she smiled at me, “Is that all your stuff? Do you not have anymore?” 

She shakes her head. I sigh and stand up.

”Well anyway, SinB. What’s are you?” I ask her.

”Freshman.” She answers shortly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“It’s freezing, do you feel it?” I ask Yewon as I blow warm air into my hands. 

She shakes her, “Nope, I don’t. Hey, do you think Hwang has gone to sleep?”

”I don’t know. Freshman usually stay up late.” I bring out my flat keys, “Are you hidden?”

Yewon sighs, “Yes.”

I nod and swing the door open. I quietly take off my shoes at the front door. Yewon floats over to the living and I heard her let out a little “Oh?”.

I hang my keys up and walk into the living room. I see Yewon sitting on the single sofa piece as I notice SinB sleeping on the other. She had a thin blanket over her and her glasses were still on. Her laptop lay on her stomach. She had a frown on face. I notice a cup of coffee and a small bag of chips, that was open, laid on top of the coffee table.

I close my mouth that was hanging open unconsciously at her beautiful sleeping face. I head to my room where Yewon followed me. 

“Just going to leave out there in the frozen, sleeping on the sofa with a thin blanket?” Yewon smirks, “That poor thing. You at least be nice to her. She barely has any money. I heard her parents passed away.” Yewon whispers the last sentence and my eyes widen.

”How do you know this?” My brow furrow.

Yewon shrugs, ”I heard two girls talking about her.”

I click my tongue and return to getting ready for bed, “Well, what do you want me to do for her? I’ve only got my blanket.”

”You two could share.” Yewon’s smirk grows wider.

My eyes widen, “What? Are you crazy?”

”Oh come on, no one’s going to know or anything. I’m sure you could tell by her expression that she didn’t like sleeping there. Pretty sure, she accidentally fell asleep doing her work. That’s why her blanket is the only thin layer as well or she would’ve tried to find something else.” Yewon says and I recall her frown.

I rub my face as I sigh, “Alright fine. I’ll wake her up.”

I walk past Yewon and to living room where SinB slept. As I walk up to her, it feels like time slows down. I watch her sleeping face. She was really pretty and the fact that she could stay looking pretty when she’s asleep is really something amazing. I stop and kneel down to her face. I place a hand on her shoulder but then a sound makes me freeze.

”Is she...” Yewon begins, “Snoring..?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed and sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.