Chapter 1: Be Careful What You Wish For

Your Mysterious Wish

Sojung's POV

The school bell rings, “Alright, students. See you tomorrow.” 

The students all scatter out the classroom expect me. I keep seated in my chair as I watch the teacher also leave. I pack up my books neatly into the side and wait. I notice from the corner of my eye, a younger student. I smiled and crossed my arms, just the person I was waiting for.

"Yes, Jung Eunbi,"I sit up on my chair, "Please, come in."

The shy and small short haired girl steps in, "G-good evening, Ms. Kim."

I let out a small laugh and push my hair back, "Come on now, I've told you to call me Sojung."

She nods and looks down, "Anyway, what is it today?"

She brings a chair next to me. I watch her place her maths textbook on my desk. I watch as she flips through the pages until she finds the one she was looking for. Her brows raise up as she smiles brightly and looks up. As our eyes meet each other, she immediately looks down; her cheeks turning pink.

Her shaky finger points to a question, "T-this i-is what I-I need help with."

I look down. I move my head a little to see the problem since the book was positioned perfectly for her to read. I move my seat closer to hers to read it properly.

"Ah, this?" I point at the question and she nods, "To make your life easier, this won't be on your tests. Would you like me to run over it either way?" She nods. I sigh and grab my red pen.

For about 5 minutes, I quickly explain the question to her.

"Do you understand now, Eunbi?" I place the pen down and watch as her face turns bright red.

"Y-yes..." She refuses to make eye contact.

"Anything else?" Eunbi shakes her head, "Class is dismissed." I grinned.

Eunbi smiles back as she gathers her stuff. She says a quick, "Goodbye." and leaves the classroom.

I sigh and gather my stuff. I quickly head out the classroom. I notice a small group of girls watching me from the corner. I smile and wave at them. They quickly hide behind the corner. I laugh and quickly head to the parking lot where my car was. I drive silently in my car. I finally reached my flat and saw the lights opened through the windows. I sigh as I climb up the stairs. As I expected, the door to my flat was open. I enter and lock my front door.

"Yerin? Are you here?" I call out but there was no response.

"I've got cookies!" No response.

I frowned, "Yah! Jung Yerin!" 

There was no response. Yerin always responds to food. Maybe I was in such a rush this morning, I forgot to turn the lights off and left the door unlocked? Just in case, I check around the house for Yerin. To my surprise, there was no one in the house except me.

I threw my bag onto my bed and changed into more comfortable clothes. I went to my kitchen and prepared myself a light mocha. I usually don't drink in the middle of the week but I was extra exhausted today. I lean on my balcony as I slowly sip my mocha. It all seemed normal to me but I never knew that someone was watching me.

Yewon's POV

I watch over her. I've been watching over her for most of her life. She doesn't remember me but I haven't forgotten her. How could I? I'm a ghost that was bullied. In my previous life, I was bullied so much and called ugly. One time it got so bad that the little kicks and punches killed me. I hated being born again as a ghost. I hated having to still see these horrible creatures called humans. I would use my ability to become invisible but she saw me. Her belief that ghost did exist and her kindness gave her the ability to see me. But over time, her belief started to vanish and I disappeared from her sight. 

I watched her sip her mocha. I listen to her. I watch the sky slowly fill with what seemed like a million pieces of meteor. Instead of hearing a groan from amazement, I heard a heavy sigh.

I notice a shooting star hidden with the rest of the meteor pieces at the same time, I hear a wish.

"Ugh, make my life interesting for God's sake." 

I smile and snap my fingers. I stretch as the meteors slow to a stop. I watch Sojung's eyes widen.

"So, this is you mysterious wish? The one I've been waiting for all my life?" I chuckle.

"I hope you know the saying, 'Be careful what you wish for.' Kim Sojung," I whisper under my breath and snap my fingers together again. The meteor speeds back to normal time until it completely finishes.

I hear the cup in Sojung's hand hit the floor and shatter, "So, it begins." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi! I hope you enjoy this new fanfic I'm writing! Anyway, thank you for reading this and I'm sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes.