Chapter 4 - Stage Performance

The Puppet Show

Chapter 4 - Stage Performance

 

“Byun.ing.Baekhyun.what the is happening?!” Kyungsoo almost exploded out of his anger

 

“You seem happy. What’s up?” Baekhyun replied while turning the blender on, preparing his protein shake. It was already 11 in the morning, and Baekhyun just woke up. 

 

“You little , answer my question!” 

 

“What do I have to answer? Your question is way too vague. Be specific, you woke me up this early. I believe you have a good reason for this” Baekhyun headed to the fridge and picked up some yogurt.

 

His answer skyrocketed the chef’s anger. The audacity! Kyungsoo’s a hundred percent sure Baekhun wasn’t as clueless as he sounds. He knew the guy like the back of his hand, and oh boy, was Kyungsoo dying to know what made Baekhyun do this. 

 

“You have been trending #1 worldwide for 8 long ing hours now. I need your answers.” 

 

“Oh!” the man on the other side of the phone laughed for a moment. 

 

“You worrywart! It was about my collaboration with Legacy Korea. It was a surprise for my fans. That’s nothing to be worried about.”

 

“Wow,” Kyungsoo was being sarcastic. “Is this why I can see a photo of you lip-locking with the CEO? Is that it?! I’m not believing any of that right now.”

 

“What do you mean lip-locking? I’m not even dating anyone.”

 

“Really? Right now? Don’t try to give that . Tell me the exact reason why you’re doing this”

 

“Aight. I dated the guy because I wanted to have my fashion line to be included in his yearly show. Are you happy now?” 

 

“No. I know you’re not that kind of a person” in a firm and calm manner. He knew Baekhyun. The real Baekhyun behind the cameras, behind his ‘friends’ and acquaintance. 

 

He knew Baekhyun wouldn’t resort to something as ridiculous as this. 

 

“You better believe me because that’s what I really am.”

 

“No一 you know what. You stay there. I’ll head there myself and talk to you in person,” then dropped the call.

 

Baekhyun bore a heavy heart. The last person that he would be lying to is Kyungsoo. He loved Kyungsoo like his brother, and he would do everything for the guy. 

 

Baekhyun will never tell Kyungsoo the real reason why he’s doing this. Even if it killed him. 

He was thankful enough that the entertainment president, President Kim, was kind enough to help him. 

 

Hours Before the Annual Spring Collection

 

It was the day of the fashion show, and Baekhyun, together with the CEO of Legacy Korea and President Kim Heechul, sat inside Heechul’s white luxury car. 

 

“Here’s what’s going to happen, you two will stay in one of the dressing rooms near the General Comfort Room. Be scandalous, kiss, , get , or whatever floats your boat一 do that. You just have to make sure that someone sees you,” He promptly explained. 

 

“But wouldn’t it be better if we did that in front of everyone President Kim?” Baekhyun curiously asked. If it wants to cause a huge uproar, it would be better to do it in front of everyone. 

“Dear child, you’re very innocent. The best way to cause an uproar is to be subtle. You want to get caught? Use rumors. Feed the rumors with more rumors until it gets big. So no. Having seen by one or two people is enough. Now go. Not together. Chanyeol you go first your staff needs you, Baekhyun, you stay here for a good fifteen minutes.”

 

And the two did exactly what the President told them to. But Baekhyun felt weird about this whole situation. He had his own reason for agreeing to this whole set-up. It is for Kyungsoo, and he’s more than willing to sacrifice himself for the guy. 

 

The CEO, though, he’s not quite sure. 

 

What could be the reason why the other guy agreed. As far as he could remember, Legacy Korea CEO is already at the top of his game. He wouldn’t do this for a mere partnership with the K.H Entertainment. There would be no merit for all of this. In fact, it might negatively impact his business, just as it would with his own reputation as an Artiste.

 

But that’s none of his business. 

 

At the Dressing Room

 

“Baekhyun, right? Okay, Baekhyun, what’s your plan?” the CEO asked and bore with him a serious look.

 

“I dunno. You’re supposed to be the guy here. What do you usually do with your girlfriend if you’re alone in a room” Baekhyun grinned at his own reflection then looked at the CEO through the mirror, but the guy kept mum while looking at the ceiling. 

 

“Okay, I might have assumed your ual orientation right away. Boyfriend?” he was now facing the CEO, and boy, does the guy look hot. His black comma hair and emerald green velvet suit was a killer combination. 

 

Chanyeol didn’t answer any of Baekhyun’s question. 

 

First off, he’s not interested in anyone right now. His business was already a handful. He barely had any time to play computer games. And what would he know about dating?! He wasn’t able to have one! 

 

“Hello? Mr. Legacy?” he was now waving his hands in front of Chanyeol, trying to get his attention. 

 

“Its Park Chanyeol. And I have no girlfriend or boyfriend. You’re the artist here, you act a lot, you tell me what to do.”

 

“Don’t give me that bull. You look hot, and I strongly believe that you’re aware of that. Now tell me what we should be doing.”

 

“I am aware of my physical attributes, but I honestly don’t know what to do. I dunno, hold hands?”

 

“President Kim told us to be scandalous! That’s your scandalous?! You think people will believe we’re a thing if we stand in a room, just the two of us to add with that, and hold hands? that!” Baekhyun laughed as he pulled Chanyeol’s collars down, leaned closer to the guy where he could feel the CEO’s warm breath. 

 

“You wanna practice?” he asked while staring at Chanyeol’s plump lips. 

 

As if on a cue, they heard a rubber shoe squeaking. Chanyeol immediately backed away from Baekhyun, went to the door, and peeked at whoever was approaching, then went back to Baekhyun. 

 

“It’s the press” he stated. 

 

Right then and there, Baekhyun felt that his hands were getting cold and knees shaking. He wasn’t ready for all of this. His years of hard work will now get ruined. He wanted to back out, but he shouldn’t. Should he even be doing this? But he already agreed to this, and it’s for Kyungsoo. So he smiled widely.

 

“Lucky! Now, just follow my lead” he then pulled Chanyeol’s collar like what he did earlier and went straight for a kiss. 

 

Chanyeol found man’s lips to be soft. It was all of a sudden but he cannot do anything to counter any of this. So he just savored the moment. He kissed the guy back. Baekhyun had soft thin lips and he couldn’t help himself but bite them Which caused him to stop the kiss and give him a dirty look. 

 

“What the heck? Why would you do that?” Baekhyun was obviously irritated as he placed his fingers on the bitten area, the great thing about this is that Baekhyun’s voice was booming. The press could’ve heard if his voice. 

 

“Don’t kid around, you like that Byun” he replied

 

Honestly speaking, Baekhyun did liked how Chanyeol’s lips smelled like mint and how the guy bit his lips. 

 

“Let’s just get this done quickly,” Baekhyun added as he grabbed the CEO’s hands, placed one on his waist and the other one along his cheeks, then tiptoed to kiss the guy. 

 

This time, it wasn’t hasty. 

 

The kiss was soft and gentle. Contrasting with what Chanyeol was saying that he didn’t have any experience with this stuff, he was very much of an expert. With their heads in bobbing to the rhythm of the kiss, Chanyeol once again bit Baekhyun’s lips gently, which earned the artist’s moans. 

 

Baekhyun couldn’t help but moan to the kiss, it had been years since he felt a kiss as sensual as this. He barely knew the guy, but it was as if the guy had been with him for years. Chanyeol’s kiss was very soft and gentle. Making Baekhyun feel as if he wanted more. 

 

However, once the press was out of the picture, Chanyeol immediately pulled away. This left Baekhyun a bit lonely. 

 

“Wow, I thought you were inexperienced” was the first thing Baekhyun said

 

“I never said I was inexperienced, I just told you I didn’t date anyone” with that, Chanyeol smiled at Baekhyun, then stepped out of the room.

 

End of Flashback

 

Baekhyun found himself sitting on his couch, sipping his protein shake, with Kyungsoo sitting opposite him.

 

“Explain all of this to me.” Kyungsoo said in a firm but calm manner.

 

“I already told you earlier, didn’t I?” Baekhyun replied

 

“Why would I believe that?” Kyungsoo did not and will not believe Baekhyun’s explanation and Baekhyun was aware of this fact. Which is why he needs to take this to a whole new level.

 

Baekhyun heaved a deep sigh and said, “Because that’s coming from me. I used the guy, alright? I up to him so my designs could be featured. What is there to explain?”

 

“You think I will buy that?” 

 

“You better because I’m ing tired of being an artist Kyung! I want to give fashion a try because I’m dead tired of all this! I can’t even do the things that I want to do” Baekhyun let out with a loud booming voice. He placed his protein shake and looked straight at Kyungsoo’s eyes. 

 

“I wanted to be selfish for once, and this is all I get?” his eyes were welling up. “I’m exhausted and all I want right now is to quit” he whispered with tears running down his cheeks. 

 

“Go on. Just cry it out,” Kyungsoo said in the calmest manner, stood up from his seat, and gave Baekhyun a hug.

 

“I’m sorry for doubting you.”