Chapter 3 - Prepare the Stage

The Puppet Show

Chapter 3 - Prepare the Stage

Big Hit Headquarters

 

“Today, we’re going to go out there and prove to everyone what we stand for. Today— we’re going to fly!” Jin threw his fist up in the air and seconds later, his whole team cheered. Actually NO*—two people from his team cheered. That’s from Taehyung and Hobi. Today is going to be a good day.

 

About 2 weeks ago, an article they published went viral. It was an article about the Political Candidate Kim Jongin, kissing a man. It wasn’t really a big deal, no biggie, just two men kissing, but it caused a huge uproar among the Korean citizens— Big Hit didn’t mean to put it that way, but it was the truth, and they had to let the public know. That’s how they established their name. No twists, no turns, no added salts or sugar.

 

Truth be told they did get a few threats here and there. Telling them their small publishing house will be closed or something like that. As if that’s going to scare them.

 

However they have also gotten invitations from various public and private events. The public liked their honesty and transparency. That’s how they have created their brand and Jin’s proud of it.

 

“Jungkook, Taehyung and Hobi, you go to the Legacy Spring Collection Event. Jimin and Yoongi you go that Public Event, I want that article as a highlight. Taehyung, this will be your first exposure to the field. Do not get too excited—excitement ruins everything. For now, just observe how Jungkook and Hobi does their work. Always remember, keep a keen eye and capture the hidden” Jin smiled for the last time before he dismissed them.

 

Taehyung nodded enthusiastically with a huge grin plastered on his face. Just this morning, he became an official Writer. From being a trainee whose tasks involves doing all the paper-organizing and some layouting tasks, he was only doing the menial jobs. But today, that will change, today he’s gonna go out there in the field. Where all the stories await to be written.

 

The Big Hit Entertainment is a small publishing house, yet it has quite a reputation. It was able to capture the heart of the public with its reputation, slowly starting to rise.

 

“You ready for your first field exposure Tae?” Jungkook was packing the cameras asked Taehyung who is already prepared to go out. Taehyung nodden in glee and patted his backpack—as expected from the freshy. And with Hobi already done with packing the recording materials, pen, paper, and his trusty coffee brown umbrella, they’re good to go.

 

The three, headed to Legacy Korea’s Fashion Show, a yearly thing that the company does. Legacy only invited reputable publishing houses and Big Hit could only dream about being invited, but today, the* Legacy Korea Invited Big Hit— a small, and to be honest, quite hated by most people from the industry.

 

Just like Big Hit, Legacy started out small, but they eventually become big and Park Chanyeol, CEO of Legacy Korea, did not even come from a rich family. He did the entire business in his own—and look where he is now. Someday, Big Hit is going to become Legacy Korea.

 

 

Legacy Korea Annual Spring Collection

 

The place was huge, the stage was plastered with pastel colored roses—mostly white. The seats on the side were reserved for people with Big Names—potential sponsors and investors, and on the further back was the press. Them.

 

The Big Hit Press Team were one of the few who arrived early.

 

‘Wow’ was the only thing Taehyung could say, and mind you, it wasn’t a booming ‘Wow’. It was more of a whisper wow. He had seen quite a few fashion shows (from the internet: Those Fashion Show Fails) and most of them had the standard black comfy seats, but Legacy Korea outdid them.

 

Big black armed leather seats surrounded the stage. The team spotted their seat (yes they had a reserved seat) at the left back portion of the venue. Jungkook had his camera ready, and so was Hobi, preparing his recording tool. Taehyung also had his own recorder ready, most especially his radar ready. Just in case some action may happen, at very least, Big Hit can write about that action. You see, there was a rumor going around that a popular Korean idol designed some of the clothing from the show— now that’s a story worth publishing. But as the people started flooding in Taehyung’s excitement slowly faded away. He’s not good with too many people (the reason he became a writer, so he could avoid people)

 

“Are you okay Tae?” Hobi asked Taehyung who seemed restless, looking around at the elegant guests flocking inside. Taehyung nodded, still looking around.

 

“They’re just people Tae, don’t be too nervous of them” Jungkook patted Taehyung’s shoulders. Taehyung smiled, but it was still obvious, he was still nervous.

 

Not good—Taehyung is not feeling good. He’s scared of new people in general, and the whole place was filled with new people.

 

“I’m going to the restroom first” Taehyung said and headed towards the restroom (they had an arrow pointing towards the restroom)

 

He placed his camera on the counter and washed his face with cold water. He needs to wake up, meeting new people is a part of his job and he needs to overcome his anxiety. If he wants to change the world, he needs to change himself first.

 

“Tae calm down” he chanted over and over again as he was washing his face, he heard a noise.

 

“... Why would you do that?” he heard a familiar voice which sounded kinda irritated, coming outside the restroom.

 

“Don’t kid around, you like that Byun” this time a deep husky voice replied.

 

Byun. Korean Idol. Designer. Fashion Show. And just like a puzzle, everything fitted perfectly. Taehyung’s jaw dropped at the realization, anxiety blown away because of holy sh*t! His idol is outside of the Comfort Room!

 

Should he go out and pretend he did not hear anything? Or should he stay in the comfort room and eavesdrop? But his conscience wouldn’t allow him to eavesdrop—even if it means getting an exclusive scoop to be written. And even it the first choice seemed like a bad choice for him (he had to see new people after all), it was a more humane choice.

 

He wiped his face, grabbed the camera and slowly opened the door. If he’s lucky, he can have a glance at his idol and if he gets luckier and goes unnoticed, he would run away as fast as possible and go back with Jungkook and Hobi pretend like nothing happened.

 

That’s an excellent plan.

 

He peeked outside and he saw only the empty halls. Strange, he did hear someone. Taehyung stood outside, looked around him. He’s seeing not seeing anyone. So he shrugged—it might just be his imagination. He was about to head back to the main hall when he heard soft moans.

 

Taehyung had to stand for a few seconds to confirm if it was indeed moans, and it sounded like one. So human as he is, he walked gingerly towards the direction of the moans. He saw a half-opened door, he was sure the sounds came from there. Peeking inside the room, he was met with a surprise.

 

Byun Baekhyun was wearing a white suit. He had his hand wrapped around a tall man’s neck and kissing the life out of him. The tall man, wearing an emerald-colored suit, had one of his hand on Baekhyun’s waist and the other was on Baekhyun’s cheek. The man had a black ring on his ring finger.

 

The moans continued, the two didn’t seem to have noticed Taehyung’s presence. To be honest—Taehyung even found the scene hot.  

 

To say Taehyung was surprised is an understatement. He was beyond surprised, beyond shocked. His idol, Byun Baekhyun had a boyfriend, which he kept in secret. Was Baekhyun lying a week ago when he said he was single?

 

And just like one from the Movies, Chief Jin’s motto replayed in his head “Keep an eye around you and capture the uncaptured”

 

So, without giving many thoughts, pulled out his phone (his camera would make sounds), captured the moment he had a short 6 second video and a photo too then walked away. He felt a little bit betrayed. Not because Baekhyun had a boyfriend—it’s not a strange thing nowadays, but because he believed his favorite idol was indeed single. And see what happened now—he was making out with his boyfriend in the dressing room.

 

But he was glad he did not get caught he however he bore a heavy heart. Indeed he felt betrayed, but it somehow felt wrong. Was it the right thing to do? If the public knows about this, it would create quite a buzz, bigger than that of the  Politician's Scandal. This was the Byun Baekhyun, Korea’s little brother, and he had just admitted to the whole Korea a week ago that he was single. Not to mention Baekhyun’s heck of a large fanbase the Aeris. What would their reactions be?

 

“Are you okay now?” Hoseok (Hobi) asked. Taehyung had not realized it, but he had absentmindedly walked back to his team. He looked up and smiled at Hoseok saying he’s alright.

 

No, he’s not.  

 

Inside his phone is a video and a photo that could destroy his idol’s image. Although he knew people deserved to know the truth, this truth is going to hurt a lot of people. No one’s gonna like this. Not Baekhyun’s fan nor Baekhyun. This is just going to spawn a lot of hates.

 

He stared at the photo once more. This is wrong. Some truth deserves to be hidden. Yes, he’s just going to hide it and pretend he saw nothing. Sounds like a good plan.

 

Taehyung was about to press delete when his phone vibrated.

 

Chief Jin.

 

“Chief?” He asked

 

“Can I talk with Hobi? He’s not answering my calls, I need to confirm something” Jin asked him from the other end of the line.

 

“Yes, Chief” Taehyung then passed his phone to Hobi.

 

“What was that?” Jungkook asked

 

“It was Chief Jin, asking for Hobi, probably checking if the event has started yet. Or last minute instructions probably” Jungkook nodded then continued fiddling with his phone. Taehyung was now sitting down.

 

“Taehyung what’s this?” Hobi came running towards Taehyung, holding Tae’s phone with the image Taehyung last viewed. Upon realization, he retrieved his phone back and placed it in his pocket.

 

“I photoshopped that, I was playing around the photoshop earlier before we came here” he lied, but Hobi was not having any of it.

 

“Tae what was that? It was not photoshopped, I might not be expert with graphics but I can differentiate the photoshopped ones from the authentic. Tae when did you take that photo?” Hobi was serious. Taehyung laughed and tapped Hobi’s shoulders.

 

“You don’t have to go that far to praise me hyung” In all honesty he was nervous, who even was the other guy? He looked insanely familiar as if he had seen the other guy too, but he could not really point out who it was.

 

Thankfully Hobi did not ask for anything anymore, and the fashion show started. As expected, Legacy’s clothing is as excellent as the usual. Casual but not too casual.A blend of casual and street fashion. Especially the trench coats with hoodies, it was good. Simple, but and comfy.

 

At the end of the Fashion Show, Baekhyun went out. The rumors were true after all, he designed some of the clothes, he was wearing the same suit he was wearing earlier. No he was making out with someone earlier, so it did not surprise Taehyung anymore, however he was still conflicted. He wasn’t able to delete the photo or the videos still.

 

After Baekhyun came out, a tall man, wearing an emerald green suit and the black ring came out smiling and bowing. His hair was neatly swept back. Yes, the man in the picture. Park Chanyeol, CEO of Legacy Korea.

 

That’s why he looked familiar.

 

So Baekhyun is dating the CEO—

 

“Tae! That’s—that’s! Gimme your phone!” Hobi then fished the phone out of Taehyung’s pocket (without permission).

 

“I knew it! Tae you got us a beef!” before Taehyung knew it, he was being hugged tightly by Hobi. Jungkook was clueless, he was busy taking photos.

 

“No Hobi hyung! We should not post that”

 

“But this is a scoop, and its the truth”

 

“It’s going to ruin Baekhyun’s career”

 

“Tae I thought you wanted Big Hit to be transparent. If you want to be transparent, you show everything, even the ones you don’t want to show”

 

Taehyung could only sit down and bury his face with his palms. Chaos awaits.



Author's Note: I'm sorry I took too long to update, hopefully I get back on track this week with 1 update a week. Drop down any comments you want--- what do you think of Taehyung's character? I personally like him like that— How about you?