Chapter 1 - Gathering the Crew

The Puppet Show

Chapter 1 - Gathering the Crew

Legacy Korea

 

“Yes, Sato-san... Thank You… Hai…” A tall man in his late 20s bowed in front of his laptop camera. Following his polite gesture, were his head personnels, who also bowed at the person in the TV monitor as well. After the gesture, the call was then ended. As soon as it ended, everyone, including the tall man, clapped their hands.

 

The Director of Japan’s Amuse Ent. Takeru Sato, finally gave his feedback for his order last month. Mr. Sato, wanted to extend his warmest gratitude for a job well done.

 

“Let us give ourselves a hand for a job well done. Sato-san liked the costumes and the dresses. Thank you so much for a job well done” the CEO stated which garnered a whole round of applause.

 

A successful project is something to be celebrated, but right now, a celebration is the last thing on the Young CEOs mind.

 

Park Chanyeol, 29, CEO of Legacy Korea, drowned himself in the sea of portfolios after the meeting. They had to prepare for the Annual Spring Collection Fashion Show. And right now, the clothes to be worn at the fashion show, are still on the papers, when in fact it should have been being crafted by now.

 

To simply say it, he has yet to review the designs.

 

“Ms. Kim, Bring me a cup of black coffee” he called up from the intercom. It was still 10AM and he's almost out of energy.

 

He massaged his temples for a bit as he waited for the cup of coffee. Seconds later, he heard a pop from his skype. It was from his online marketing advertisers.

 

He asked them to post a 1000 word article for the upcoming fashion show and have it ranked on google. The skype message was to notify him that his article is already up. He was pretty pleased with the results as he skimmed through the article.

 

Knock knock

 

“Sir, your coffee” his secretary, Im Jin Ah, was wearing her usual skimpy red pencil skirt. Her white button-up button, had three buttons ed. As she placed the cup of coffee in front of Chanyeol, she made sure her cleavage would be seen by her boss.

 

“Jin Ah, how many times have I told you not to wear that skirt, and also button your shirt, we are in a workplace” he didn't even spare her a glance “The coffee is great though. Thanks” he added as he continued with his business.

 

After being told to go out, Jin Ah made her way out.

 

It was not her first time in doing so. In fact, she did that everytime she places something on top of Chanyeol’s table. If only she wasn’t good in her job, Chanyeol might’ve already terminated her. But she was good, and he’s not an , so he’s stuck up on just telling her off.

 

After making her way out of Chanyeol’s office, he started reviewing the designs.

 

So far, the designs look good. But he was looking for something else. Something with a bang.

 

An hour has already passed and so far, he had not seen one that he could mark as a highlight for the collection.

 

As he continued on reviewing the portfolios, Jin Ah called through the intercom saying, Mr. Kim Heechul came for a visit.

 

Well that’s weird

 

Chanyeol found it pretty unusual for Mr. Kim to come for a visit. Most of the time, he just sends his secretary Ms. Hwang if he ever needed something.

 

“Let him in” Chanyeol replied, then placed the phone back down. He first cleared his table.

 

Not a minute later, Mr. Kim came in. He looked around Chanyeol’s office, then let out a chuckle.

 

“You have truly grown my child” he smiled as he rested upon the chair near Chanyeol’s table. He wasn’t being rude, Heechul had always opted to sit down everytime he come in for a visit.

 

“Why the sudden visit Mr. Kim?” asked Chanyeol who closed the doors properly.

 

Kim Heechul is like his father in the business world. He was his guide and his business venture.

 

 

 

 

Years ago, Chanyeol could still remember that time when he kneeled in front of Heechul. Begging to be one of K.H Entertainment’s Major sponsor. During that time, Legacy Korea was just a speck of dust. But after endless amount of begging, Chanyeol finally earned Heechul’s yes. After Heechul’s Artistes started wearing Chanyeol’s suits and clothing, Chanyeol’s business started to boom.

 

 

 

So it was right for him to say that Heechul was his father, and he would do whatever Heechul wanted him to do.

 

“I just want to have a chat with my dear son” Heechul added which earned a chuckle from Chanyeol.

 

“Well then father, what do you want to talk about?” he asked. It was during at times like these that Heechul was being a father.

 

“Have you seen the news?” Heechul rested his arms on Chanyeol’s table as he trailed his fingers along the edge of Chanyeol’s name plate

 

“I’m sorry Sir, but I have not” Chanyeol honestly answered. He was not aware of the news because he had been preoccupied with Mr. Sato’s order. This earned a laugh from Heechul. It was a weird laugh though. A laugh sounding more of a relieved laughter rather than a real laughter.

 

“Worry not my child” he patted the younger’s shoulders with a smile upon his face “Remember when you told me you’d do anything for me?” he added, now, the former smile was completely wiped off from the elder’s face.

 

In a span of 3 seconds, Heechul turned from his ‘Business Father’ to a completely different person. The tone of voice seemed to scream authority and Chanyeol could definitely feel cold sweats forming upon his forehead.

 

“O—of course Sir, how could I forget?” he let out a nervous laughter because no sh*t, the Park Chanyeol, freakin’ stuttered like a child caught secretly munching the cookie from the cookie jar.

 

“Then I assume we’re going to be in the same boat in this conversation” Heechul stood up and walked towards Chanyeol’s huge portrait on the wall while the latter remained silent.

 

He was never one for being nervous around people, most especially, when he knows who he’s talking to. But this, was a whole new level of different.

 

“I have always helped you a lot before you got this big” Heechul turned towards the Young CEO “Now I want to ask for your help”

 

Chanyeol was surprised because for one, Heechul’s expression was in contrast with his words. He was asking for help, but his face screams ‘it’s an order’ and that was enough for Chanyeol to conclude that Heechul did not ask for help. He came to give an order.

 

“W—what is it Sir?” there was a second of deafening silence before Heechul proceeded.

 

“Date my artist”