Chapter 1

The killing machine

"Hey Yuri!" Sunmi greeted as she put her hand around her friend's neck. They were best friends since high school and had still stuck together with each other in university too. 

"Hi Sunmi! How are you?"       

"Good!" she replied "Hey btw, you're coming right?" 

"Coming where Sunmi?" Yuri asked confused.

"Haven't you heard Yuri? Our university is going on a four day trip to Jeju. I already listed my name. So you will be there, right?"

"I dunno! Maybe not." Yuri said dejectedly

"What! You're kidding right. We've been wanting to go to a trip together for so long Yuri. Don't back out now. Please!" Sunmi pleaded.

"I want to go too. But you know how my parents are. They're so overprotective. They won't allow me. Not in a million years." She excused with a sigh.

Sunmi was thinking for a bit but then said," If your parents give it a go, will you come then?"

"Without a doubt!"

"Cool! I'll come to your house after school and talk with your parents. They won't say no to me." Sunmi smirked.

After that they parted ways for their respective classes and the rest of the day went by usual. 

 

 

True to her words, Sunmi did came to her house and tried convincing her parents.

"But uncle what is so wrong with her going to the trip? She won't be alone!"

"We are not ready to let her be on her own for four days in an unknown place. She is not responsible enough to take care of herself. She hadn't been by herself ever." Her mom answered.

"How will she be able to look after herself when you will always baby her? You guys won't be here forever with her. She has to start someday, why not now? Besides, there will be other classmates and two teachers with us. I too will be there with her. You guys trust me, don't you?"

Yuri's parents were in a fix. They were reluctant to let her go but Sunmi was also right. She can't be held back always, nor they'll be always here for her. So they both conversed through their eyes before looking at her direction.

"Do you want to go honey?" Her mother asked.

She just timidly nodded with a hopeful expression.

Her parents sighed but continued," Fine! You can go. But you have to promise us that you'll be responsible and take care of yourself."

"I promise! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Her parents were wearing a little smile on their faces but deep down they were having a bad feeling about this ordeal, especially her mother. But they pushed the thought aside as she was more than happy. 

Yuri was bouncing with happiness as she got the permission to go. She was so happy that she can now finally go for a trip without her parents. Don't get her wrong, she loves her parents so much. But she was an adult for God sake! She needs her time alone and explore with her friends.

So yeah she was happy! She was unaware though that this might be the last time that she will be happy like this.

——

"She is about to go on a trip to Jeju with her class. This is the opportunity you have been waiting for, don't you think so? There, it will be easier for us to take action boss." Tao suggested.

Sehun just sighed again at the name he was addressed. No matter how much he tried, he thinks, Tao was never going to call him by name. He might as well give up.

"Hmm. Great! You guys know what y'all have to do right? Get to work now." Sehun ordered. They had been keeping an eye on the girl like a hawk. They by now knows pretty much everything related to her.

Tao gave a salute and left. But not Junmyeon, his second in command.He was still rooted to his place and looking warily at Sehun.

"Need something?"

"Sehun are you really sure you want this? There won't be any going back if you went ahead with the plan. I want  you to take a breathe and think about all this once more. Please!" Junmyeon pleaded.

"There's nothing to reconsider and you know that" Sehun stated flatly

"No, I don't know Sehun. Maybe it's just what you think it is. There has to be another way. Think about it. You'll be dead if anything happens. Even if it won't, will you be able to live with the burden afterwards?"

" I am already dead hyung, so there's no going back." Sehun stood up. "You think too much! Give your brain some rest and then do what is needed to be done." Sehun patted his shoulder and with that he left him alone.

"Where the hell are you Min!? Get your here soon or you are going to miss our bus." Sunmi shouted on the phone

"Chill Sunmi. Why are you in such a hurry? We still have time and I am on my way." Yuri replied. She heard Sunmi 'whatevered' and again yelled her to hurry up before she hung up the call.

"Are you excited sweetie?" her mom chirped from front seat. All of them were dropping her off where they are going to take the bus from school.

"Of course mom! Thank you again to say yes."

"No problem. But I want you to take care of my daughter, extra well. I want to see her as she is now when she'll return back to us." she playfully scolded. Yuri just nodded as she chuckled at her mom.

At last they reached the place. They got out of the car and her father joined them after taking her luggage out. Sunmi approached when she spotted them. Her sister first gave her a bear hug as she bid her goodbye. Then both her parents held her in a tight hug. Her father kissed her head and left the hug. But her mother didn't. She was having difficulty letting go. Her heart was still heavy with the unsettling feeling like something bad was about to happen. But eventually she let go. Before parting she kissed her cheek and made Sunmi promise to take care of her. After few minutes of her settling in the transportation, she was out of their sight.

 

 

 

Jeju was so beautiful. There was so much to see and so much was to be done. She was excited and looking forward for the exploration. They had reached there the night before and straightaway went to their alloted dorms. From the morning onwards and the next day's evening, they were to visit the tourist attraction and places to see. Yuri was having the time of her life along with Sunmi. The second half of the third day was reserved for them to explore the local markets and shops. Fourth day was for their departure and returning to their home.

 

 

 

Yuri was walking the streets of the local market with her friend by her side. They had lunch  at the food stalls over there. She along with her friends, was checking out every stalls and shops for souvenir to be brought back home. They were right now checking out some  jewellery which looked classy. 

She was too immersed in the task that she didn't knew that she was been watched. In the opposite side of the shops, in a corner, a tall man with jet black hair and heavy eye bags was keeping an eye on her. A few meters away from him, a somewhat petite man with an angelic face was also doing the same. The place was crowdy enough for them to not get noticed. And it seems as if it is the perfect opportunity for them to carry out their task.

When Yuri and her friends moved to another place few steps further, both men came out of their hiding spot. She was walking behind her friends and both men, taking advantage of the crowd, followed her right behind. She didn't even realized that she was being followed. The place gets even more crowdy and she was left behind from her group. This was perfect timing for execution of their plan. Without wasting another moment, they both took their positions beside her. When she realized something odd, she looked at her side. But as soon as she did so, a cloth was held against and nose and was being moved aside from the crowd simultaeneously.  She smelled something odd and her head felt light. And after few minutes,she  out.  She was brought someplace deserted not far from the conjusted place. They both were so sleek that nobody noticed anything fishy.

When Sunmi asked something to her friend she got no reply. So she turned around and found out her friend was gone. She searched for her calling out her name. But her attempts were futile. She panicked and didn't know what to do. After long search she went back to inform their teachers about it. Unaware that her friend was taken away in a black van, never to be found again.

——

When Yuri opened her eyes, she had trouble collecting her thoughts. She was currently in a room without any window in it. It seemed to be somewhat akin to a dungeon. She was lying on the floor, her hand tied with her legs from  behind her back. She panicked as soon as the events rushed back to her.

She was with her friends exploring the markets. She remembered she was left behind because of the crowd. Remembered two men that came by her side. She vividly had memorized their looks at the back of her mind. She saw herself getting kidnaped before everything out. What happened after that, she had no clue of it.

Before she could dwelve further in her wanderings, the door opened with two men entering the room. They were those exact ones who had her kidnapped. 

"I see you're awake." The one with angelic looks spoke up. His voice too was so gentle, almost similar to sound of the silent river-calm and serene.

The other one looked somewhat scary having heavy eyebags under his eyes. He followed the previous statement with a "finally!" Under his breath.

"Who are you? How did I get here?" She questioned. But was only met with silence.

The one with angelic face came closer to her. She backed away in fear. But he gave her a soft look which somehow calm her a bit. He bent on his knee in front of her and carefully untied her. 

Getting up he also helped her to stand on her feet as she was having trouble due to the numbness. 

"Follow me." He said. He hold her by one of her elbow, then escorted her to someplace else. The scary looking guy following suit.

They brought her to another room which was adorned with a sofa, a small glass topped coffee table, which had a projector placed on. On the wall facing the sofa was a medium sized white screen. The room looked like it was used for presentations or meetings. 

The guy holding her, guided her to sit on the sofa and both of them stood on it's either side. They looked as if waiting for someone, Yuri thought.

Her thinking proved to be true. Because not even two minutes later another guy came in view from the door. He was tall and handsome looking. He had firm and toned muscles. He had fairer looking skin, almost pale. Brown hair styled perfectly towards the back. And face though chiseled, looked hard. And just like his face, he held the same hard expression. If not for the situation, Yuri might have drooled on such God like features of him.

 

He looked at her with emotionless and cold eyes. It made her want to cower with fear. Diverting her gaze, she shifted uneasily.

"Hello Yuri!" He greeted flatly. God, his voice was so deep.

"I guess you are scared and confused. And you must be having so many questions right now. I promise you'll get answers to all of that. But first, you need to see something." As he finished, he signaled to the man with an angelic face for something.

Getting the cue the guy walked to the projector and took it's remote which was lying beside it that she failed to notice. As soon as the projector was on and the image flashed on the screen, Yuri got the shock of her life. 

On the screen, staring back at her was her own face. Smiling with eyes turning into crescents and showing off her big smile. But Yuri knew it wasn't her. Because she never sported that sort of look. She never had that clothes or even that hairstyle. 

Besides, the person was having her face close to someone's chest. But it can't be seen who as the picture was cropped. The girl in the photo looked really happy, she was practically glowing. Who was she?

"Min Yuri!" The God like man spoke, gaining her attention 

"This is Choi Yujin."