Ambiguous

Stained
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong stood side by side with Nam Ji Hyun who was beside Yunho as the director introduce the cast members.

The casts introduced themselves and went back to their respective seats. Jaejoong sat beside Sungjae who was oblivious of his best friend's situation. Meanwhile on the other side of the table, Yunho and Nam Ji hyun sat beside each other and shared a conversation.

All throughout the entire meeting, Jaejoong was just staring at the script in front of him and would only respond when the directors and producers ask for his opinions about the drama. He never thought that the next time he'll see Yunho was in a situation like this one. He wasn't prepared. Heck, will he ever be prepared? He was convinced he wasn't going to see him ever again. But fate had another plan for the both of them. 

Yunho didn't seem bothered. Or was he acting?  He was seriously talking with the beautiful Nam Ji Hyun. They seem to get along very well. But then again, the former child actress got along pretty much with everyone including Yunho which was a good thing. Or was it? 

Yunho had always been very serious about work. But something about him changed ever since that day. He became more reserved. He put up walls around him and never let anybody in. Not even his managers nor his staff members. Sure he got along well with everyone but something about him just feel..... distant. No one knew what made him become the ice prince that he is right now. It's like suddenly one day, he stopped being the Yunho that he was — warm and affectionate.

Jaejoong knows.

 

Both Yunho and Jaejoong ignored each other the whole time. Just one handshake for everyone to see. That's it. No "How are you's." No "I miss you's."

None. 

They were both nonexistent to each other. But were they really?

 

The meeting ended after three hours. Three long hours of the suffocating feeling that the both of them were probably battling.

The casts bid goodbye to each other and went on their own ways. Jaejoong hurriedly said his goodbyes to the producers and was about to leave the room when someone grabbed his shoulders. 

He knew right away whose hand it was.

The hand that fit perfectly in his. Before.

 

"Long time no see."

 

A shiver ran down his spine. 

Ah, his voice. Has it always been that deep? 

Jaejoong turned around and came face to face with a Yunho who was smiling. He was smiling but he wasn't glad. He looked fine but was probably raging inside.

 

"I didn't know we'll see each other again like this. How are you? Enjoying your popularity?" Yunho said smiling, purposely wanting to sound offensive.

Jaejoong's felt a pang on his chest.

"Yes, I'm doing good. All thanks to you." Jaejoong confidently replied without even bothering to return the question.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter