Heaven Pt. 1

Hana's Stories about Jin [KSJ]

Title : Heaven Pt 1
Charachters : You as Kim Yeseul X Kim Seokjin
Genre : Angst

"He only loves you... Not me..."


I, Kim Seokjin, take you, Oh Yeseul, for my wedded wife, To love and cherish, For better or worse, for richer or poorer, In sickness and in health. From this day forward,”

“Both of you may kiss now,”

That long yet sweet kiss brought a loud applause from the attendees. Seokjin pulled away while having his gaze stared right into yours. You gazed down shyly with a wide smile. Both of you turned to face front. Seokjin assisted you to walk down the stairs, afraid you’ll trip yourself.

In front of the church’s door that witnessed your most beautiful day, you tossed the bouquet towards a crowd of ladies. They rushed their arms to the air to catch it. To your surprise, your best friend caught it.

She shrieked in excitement while waving the bouquet towards the gentleman crowds. You were very sure the wave was for Namjoon. He hid his face behind his palm with wide grin on his face.

Before you can even step further from the gate, a girl fully dressed like a princess ran towards you. You pulled the girl close to your embrace. Her round yet mesmerizing eyes were similar to yours. She even has a beauty mark a.k.a mole planted nicely near her right eye, just like yours.

“You have a father now, Soomin-ah. Your name now is Kim Soomin.” The girl lifted her eyebrows and landed her gaze onto the guy standing proudly beside you. Seokjin held his hand up, waving timidly to her. Soomin furrowed her brows and slightly pouted. Seokjin’s smile faded but he smiled again when you locked gaze with him.

Your gaze was full of encouragement. That calmed him down a little.

‘Oh god, help me,’ Seokjin prayed with his earnest heart.

XXXXX

“Here’s your coffee~” Seokjin looked up from the newspaper, turned his focus onto a cup of his favorite coffee before him. He flashed a smile plus a quick peck on your right cheek. You froze and playfully smacked his broad shoulder.

“What? It’s just a peck,” Seokjin slipped his fingers into the cup holder, lifting it up in care. You rolled your eyes but still kept a smile.

Wah.. It’s been months but you never fail at making the best coffee in this entire world for me,” Seokjin blurted out with his uncle-like voice. You were going to reply when sounds of footsteps interrupted.

Seokjin put down the cup after gulping down another sip. He kept his gaze onto his step-daughter, Soomin walking towards the table. The house became livelier when you married to Seokjin.

But only one thing that hasn’t change.

“Good morning, mom. Good morning, uncle,” Seokjin chocked a little at her call. He still can’t figure out why she hasn’t change how she calls him.

“Dear, when will you call him ‘dad’?” Seokjin looked away from Soomin as you stepped nearer and caressed Soomin’s hair. Soomin sighed. She glanced at Seokjin’s sudden gloomy expression.

“I’m just…. Oh, look at the time. I’ll go to school first!” You and Seokjin nodded. Soomin then rushed out from the house after she grabbed a slice of sandwiches.

Your gaze didn’t left Soomin’s back until she vanished behind the door. Your steps to get back to the sink were stopped by Seokjin’s troubled face.

Seokjin’s jolted as your hand landed on his hand. You took his hand closer to your face and kissed it. His hard expression softened.

“She needs time. She’ll change,” You stated. Seokjin flashed a smile to you. He hoped so too.

XXXXX

“Welcome…! back…? Soomin? What’s wrong, dear?” You surprised when Soomin greeted with red eyes. You can see the trails of dried tears on her face. Soomin hid her face behind her textbooks and walked faster. She’s obviously avoiding you. But you won’t let her do that. You left your favorite drama, following her all the way.

You gasped while climbing up the stairs because you heard Soomin slammed the door close. Before stepping inside, you knocked few times.

She abandoned her backpack and books on the floor. Soomin was lying on her front, burying her face in the mountain of pillows. You pushed the door soft and took a sit at the bedside. Your hand reached Soomin’s hair. Caressing it in care, you started to speak.

“Soomin, just tell me what’s the problem? We’ll solve it together. Why you cried, dear?” Soomin stayed still for few seconds. You kept your patience. She can have time as long as she wants so she can tell you everything.

Without any notice, she sat up and hugged you tight. You held her back, patting her back. Soomin began to cry out loud.

“They’re so.. URGH!! They said… they said I have no father... I hate those words! I hate them!!” You shocked. How dare they speak to your daughter like that? You shut your eyes, trying to keep your patience in control.

Pulling away, you held her small face. You maintained warm smiles as you wiped her tears with your thumbs.

“Who said you don’t? They’re wrong! You have one! Seokjin uncle is my husband. So he’s your father now. Those mean people should get the facts right,” You tried to console your sad daughter. Soomin’s cry slowed down but hiccups and sobs kept interrupting her to talk.

“He only loves you, not me…”

“That’s not true either, dear. Soomin-ah, listen. Seokjin uncle loves me and you equally. He even lives together with us now. He loves you, believe me,” Soomin just kept quiet until you done talking. She doesn’t really know what to say about her step-father.

You let out a deep sigh. You just let the silence fell and pulled your daughter into your embrace once again.

The door wasn’t close properly. A silhouette could be seen between the doors ajar.

XXXXX

The bell rang showing that the school session ended. Crowds of students make their way towards the school gate. Some of them were in group while some of them prefer to be alone. One of the second type was Kim Soomin.

She glued her gaze on the ground. Sometimes she looked around to make sure she won’t bump her head into anything. But unfortunately she did as she turned at the corner. To be exact, it was a person.

“Use your eyes,” A group of three girls and one guy filled her vision. One of the girls was standing very close to the guy while the guy’s arm around her shoulders.

“Sorry,” Right after that apologize escaped Soomin’s lips, she received some chuckles.

“You’re too embarrassed to talk to us after we said you have no father? If you do, then it’s true that you have none!”

“She’s right. Her father never comes to the parents meeting,”

Soomin pursed her lips, trembled by their words. It’s true that her past father never shows up because of works. Since she has no friends, no one ever knew about her parent’s divorcement. Tears pooled in her eyes.

“Wait, who knows maybe….” Soomin gasped when a hand grabbed her jaw harshly, forcing her to look up.

“….You’re an illegitimate daughter,” The tears streamed down along her cheeks. They kept grinning as if they did a great deed.

“Soomin-ah,” All of them looked towards the source of that call. Soomin froze, so did the other kids.

 

[TO BE CONTINUED...]

 

Author's Note
Well, well, we have Kim Seokjin as a father here! What do you think about it? Let me know down below!

-Hana-