Unbreakable Kiss - XiuChen

10 Ships, 10 Kissing Prompts

The type of kiss that really shouldn't be happening, it's a mistake, but you just can't find yourself able to pull away.

~~~

Minseok sighed and closed his eyes a moment, trying to escape the noise surrounding him. It's almost as if he could hear every pair of shoes walking on the marbled floor, every glass tinkling against an other, every fake laughter escaping the lips from the guests. He had never liked balls, whether they were masquerades or not, and tonight was no exception.

The young prince inhaled a deep breath and slowly opened his eyes again. He took a sip from his glass of champagne. It tasted sweet, the complete opposite of the bitter champagnes he appreciated. He let his eyes wander through the room. There were around three hundred guests. Some were kings, queens, princes or princesses, other were knights, dukes, counts or barons. Minseok knew all of them. He had grown up remembering every single one of their faces. They had seen him grow up since they were as old as his own parents. A few had been his playmates when he was still a child, like Queen Kim Hyun Ah, barely younger than him but already ruling over the country that was once her parents'. And though everyone was wearing a mask, all were easily recognizable.

Minseok's eyes met with Jongdae's. He was the son of one of the cooks and by means, became a servant in the castle himself. He was only three years younger than him and used to be a friend of him while they were children. They still got along well, but life had pushed them on different paths. It's barely if they could have a small talk any longer. They never got the opportunity since he wasn't his personal servant. They didn't get the time and they almost never crossed each other in the halls considered how big the castle was.

But tonight, he was in the great hall along with all the guests. Except he wasn't masked so he would be recognized as a servant. And yet they kept staring. Anyone could notice that a servant and the prince were absorbed into each other's eyes, but nor Minseok nor Jongdae had the force to look away. Not tonight.

Minseok felt the need to be close to his friend; he was done with the crowd surrounding him and was desperate for that one person who had always been honest with him. He wished to hear his voice again, his laugh, see his eyes light up and be the one who caused it all.

A smirk crept on Minseok's face, remembering that one time, a few years ago, where the prince had playfully planted a kiss on the younger's cheek. Jongdae had turned bright red. Trying to keep himself together, he had explained, not without difficulty, that they could have problems if they were to be seen.

Meanwhile, Jongdae's heart was racing. His throat was dry and he wasn't sure he'd be able to speak properly once he'll be face to face with the prince. He was remembering that playful kiss on the cheek and it's almost as if he could feel it again, burning his skin.

Before he could even realize it, Jongdae was pulled silently out the great hall. They were moving through the crowd, reaching for the large wooden doors, the prince holding tightly onto the younger's hand. Jongdae didn't pay much attention to where the older was leading him, too focused on their intertwined fingers.

Jongdae remembered the playful kiss; he remembered that one time Minseok told him he didn't want to marry the one he was supposed to; he remembered why. “I don't think I'd make a good husband to a lady.”

They kept walking. Minseok wanted to be sure nobody would find them accidentally. With what he had in mind, it was for the better. He could already imagine the scandal, his parents' disapproving glares and the murmurs between the nobles.

He shook the thought out of his head and, when he estimated to be far enough, he pulled Jongdae inside one of the many rooms. As soon as the door was locked, Minseok closed the gap between them. His hands reached for Jongdae's neck and pulled him closer.

The youngest didn't have the time to process what was happening. It's only after a few seconds that Jongdae realized Kim Minseok, excuse me, PRINCE Kim Minseok was kissing him. He didn't think and his first reaction was to push the man back. Jongdae's eyes were wide open. He gulped down and tried to focus. He tried to be rational, to tell himself that both of them could get in huge trouble.

Then he looked up and realized that Minseok wasn't wearing his mask any longer. He could now distinctly see every single one of his traits. His feline eyes, his round cheeks, the intense glare he was giving him. He suddenly realized how handsome he looked and Jongdae's mind went blank.

This time, he was the one to pull Minseok by the collar and connect their lips. Their teeth clicked against one another. Jongdae's grip on the oldest's clothes tightened while Minseok's hands found their way to the dark locks. It felt as a relief. As if they were finally allowed a kiss after all these years.

They eventually parted, out of breath, and Minseok rested their foreheads against each other. Their eyes met and they exchanged a devious smirk.

Their lips connected again. This time it was less rushed, it was slow and passionate.

Jongdae's mind went to the trouble they could be in again, but he pushed the thought back. Instead, his hands wandered under Minseok's shirt, feeling his strong shoulders.

That is when the oldest pulled back again and spoke up quietly:

“You know this has to stay between us?”

“Obviously.”

“Do you mind?”

And after a moment of reflection, Jongdae answered: “No.”

Minseok sighed and pulled him close once again.

That night, nor the prince, nor the servant were to be found. The guests kept on pretending laughters, small talks and dances while somewhere in the castle, two lovers were forgetting what time was.