Chapter 4

Future Girl

Mina and Nayeon sat in the latter's house, having a few drinks.

"Are you sure about this?"  Nayeon leaned forward in her seat, taking a sip of her margarita.  "We've had a bad rash of accountants lately.  The last two were partners who tried to steal from us in a row.  And the one before them had been with the company forever before his sudden retirement."  She put her drink down and looked up at Mina, who was sitting across from her, drinking her midori.  Nayeon leaned back in her chair and looked at Dahyun's resume again.  "She has one of the better looking resumes of all our applicants, but that's not saying much considering she has little to no experience outside of helping her family store."

"I can't say how I know, but she'll be good for your company.  Just trust me."  Mina said inbetween sips.

"Well, I'm normally one to believe you..." Nayeon sighed as she leaned back to relax.  "But it won't be me interviewing her.  That responsibility usually falls to Jaebum.  He likes to talk to the applicants personally since he's the scarier one of us."  

"That's fine.  You make the decisions together anyways.  Just keep in mind what I said."  Mina stood up, depositing her glass in the sink.  "I don't think.  I know.  You know I'm never wrong about these things."  She made her way to the door.  "My ride should be here soon."

"Maybe not never..." Nayeon grumbled.  "Wait-" She called out, standing up to follow Mina, a sound of desperation starting to fill her voice.  "Wh- what about... If i could get her past the interview process?"  Mina looked back at Naeyon.  "I can do it... but.."

"Naeyon."  Mina's voice was calm.  Almost commanding.  "I know what you're going to say.  I'm not coming back.  What we had was great but I'm not in love with you anymore.  I don't just want money, or nice things.  We're just not... not compatible anymore. I'm sorry."  With that, Mina walked out the door.

---------------------------------------------

Dahyun sighed as she buckled into her car.  It was a 2 hour drive to the next city over where the interview was taking place.  She generally hated long drives like this, as she didn't really like driving.  But it was more convenient to do so, since she would be spending time with both Tzuyu and Mina.  Tzuyu had offered her dorm room as a place to stay, since there were two extra beds in the dorm with her and Sana.  Dahyun happily accepted, so she packed to spend a few days.  Chaeyoung leaned over, looking through the car window and frowned at Dahyun.

"I wish I could come along" She said in a half whining voice.  "I wanna see her too."

"Yes, but you're needed at work." Dahyun smiled at her friend, who rolled her eyes.

"When am I not needed at work.  I'm only an intern and I feel like I do more work than most of the full time staff."

"That's normal, right?  They're trying to get you to learn what the real job is like."

"Along with being a coffe and donut gopher? Sure."  Chaeyoung scoffed, and Dahyun laughed.  

"We'll call you when I get to the university." Dahyun gave her friend a small smile, and Chaeyoung nodded.  Dahyun started up the car.  "See you in a few hours."

-----------------------------------------------

Tzuyu was frantically packing her closet full of clothes.  She was never this frantic to clean things, as she is a clean person.  But a few things recently had kept her from her usual cleaning.

"Like schoolwork?  Or something else?"  Sana, who was sitting on the bed, chirped at her roomate teasingly.

"I don't know how you read my mind like that, but you need to stop"  Tzuyu sighed in frustration.  "Or at least help.  I don't know how the two of us made such a mess of this room in just a week and a half."

"Oh, I know."  Sana her lips and Tzuyu lightly slapped her head as she walked past.

"Please don't bring that up when Dahyun is here."

"Why not?  Are you afraid of your image being destroyed?  That image of straight Chou Tzuyu?"  Sana smirked.

"That's not it-"  Tzuyu stopped what she was doing.  "I'm- I'm not ready to talk about it with them yet- I feel embarassed-"

"That's fine." Sana stood up and made her way over to Tzuyu, wrapping her arms around the other girl's waist.  "Whenever you're ready, we can do it together, alright?"  She planted a kiss on the cheek.

"But seriously though, if you say you're bi it's not a bad thing."

-------------------

HELLO.

 

It's been about a whole month hasn't it?  I'm so sorry *bows*

Life got really busy and I hadn't taken too much time to think about the story, much less write it, but here's chapter 4!

I'll be busy again, but I'll write something again soon!

-Chi