Chapter 3

Future Girl

"Uh- Umh.. Ah..."  Dahyun bit her lip, not looking into the webcam on her lap top.  Her hands gripped the arm rests of her computer chair.  She was blushing hard, and was sweating a little bit.  What am I doing?  Why am I so nervous? Her eyes traveled around the room trying to find something to look at.  Why would such a beautiful woman want in a date with me? I should just say no, I- Her thoughts were interupted by Mina giggling, and she snapped out of her panic and looked back at the screen, and Mina was giving her a soft smile, leaning forward in her seat.

"I thought... maybe  you'd be like this.  You seem like the kind of girl that gets hit on a lot."  Mina shook her head.  "No matter what you said I was probably going to put the good word in for you anyways.  But I'd like you to give it a thought, alright?"  She pushed her chair back a bit, with a slight look of disappointment on her face.  "I'm going to go, I need to get some sleep for class tomorrow.  Have a good night, Dahyun"

"Uhm!"  Dahyun pushed out before Mina could hang up.  "Wh-why not?  Go on a date.  I mean."  Mina smiled again.

"We can arrange it for when you're in town for your interview then?  Not to add extra pressure on you."

"N-no you aren't really.  I promise."

"I'll talk to you soon, Dahyun.  I really need to sleep though."  With one last smile, Mina hung up her end of the call and Dahyun slumped back in her seat, sighing in relief.  

What just came over me?  I'm not normally one to want to go on dates... I don't even have a job to pay for dates with friends, much less this kind of date... She covered her eyes with her hands, then wiped her sweat away.  I mean she wasn't wrong.... That guy keeps coming by the resturant to see me specifically.... but I 'm not interested in him at all.  So what's so different about what just happened now?  It was at this time that Chaeyoung rejoined the call.

"Oh, man Dahyun you won't believe what just-  Are you okay?  You look like you just took five exams back to back."  Dahyun finished wiping her sweat and sat back up. 

"I'm fine, I'll tell you and Tzuyu when she comes back.  What's up?"

"Well- speaking of that.  I don't think she's coming back to the call tonight"  Chaeyoung giggled as she thought about it.  "There's some stuff going down in her dorm."

"Like what? College shennanigans?  Boys in the girls dorm?"

"No, not like that.  Apparently her roommate made a move on her."

"Sana right?  She made a move?  Like romantically?"

"What else kind of moves would there be?  She tried to kiss her apparently."  at this point, Chaeyoung looked like she was holding back laughter, and tears.  "Tzuyu was so flustered when she called me, she was constantly out of breath and panicking."

"Did Sana do something else?  It normally takes more than just a kiss to throw Tzuyu off..." Dahyun was right.  Normally Tzuyu is the most level headed of the three, shrugging off cat-callers like nothing, even handling finals weeks as if they were nothing, taking the tests with the kind of grace that could be described as just another day for Chou Tzuyu.

"It was Tzuyu.  She..." Chaeyoung started to laugh before she could finish her sentence.

"Chaeng, calm down, what happened?"  Chaeyoung wiped a tear away from her eye as she attempted to calm herself down.

"Our Tzuyu, our straight as an arrow, prude, almost boring Chou Tzuyu.  Kissed that girl back!"  Chaeyoung went back to laughing, and even Dahyun cracked a smile at this, chuckling under her breath.

"Are you serious?  God, I wonder what Sana has to bring Tzuyu over to that side of the street."  Dahyun and Chaeyoung had come out as biuals already, with Tzuyu vehemently stating she was straight.

"I don't know, but I think Tzuyu went back inside to either confront Sana or to continue the make out session.  We'll hear more about it tomorrow.  Anyways, what's up with you?  You looked shook as all heck when I came back."

"Well, it's kinda hard to explain but...."

-----------------------

Mina sat back in her chair.  Her right leg was crossed over her left, and she smiled as she reached over to her desk to grab a bowl of chocolates.  Unwrapping one, she popped it into and chewed, making a happy noise she made when she ate milk chocolates.

"You seem happy."  Her roommate stood at the door to the living room of the apartment they were in.  "Something good happen?"

"Well, she did say yes.  So yeah, something good did happen."

"She did?  You were so sure she was going to say no.  Did you use some kind of leverage on her?"

"No nothing like that.  Well it did come up, as predicted.  But she said yes on her own, like she was fighting on what her answer was the whole time."

"Well, Sana called.  Said she made her move on the Tzuyu girl."  Mina held back a laugh.

"Well we always said that girl moves fast on people she fancies.  Didn't expect anything less this time."

"Apparently it was a positive experience.  The girl responded in kind."  Mina's eyebrows rose up.

"That's interesting.  And what about you?  How are you doing?"  The other girl just shook her head, and brushed at her neck length hair.

"I'm just here to ensure you two don't do anything stupid."

"You mean you don't have a selfish reason you came back with us?  Don't lie to me, Ms. Hirai Momo."  She said with a joking voice.

"Well, if you're going to be like this...."  Momo smirked as she thought.  "There always was that one fried chicken place down the street that I always love to visit."  Mina rolled her eyes and chuckled.

"You're ridiculous.  I'll go get dressed."

--------------

"Oh. Damn.  She really asked you out for real."

"And I said yes.  Can you believe it?  I don't know what came over me, honestly.  But we're going on the date the week I go in for the Im Company interview."

"I'm jealous.  I wanna go on a date too~"

"Then go find a date.  Didn't you say that the guy at your internship is interested in you?"

"Who, Yugyeom? Well... maybe.  I'm not sure but he keeps joining me for lunch.  I'm not one hundred percent sure."

"Well you should find out.  Maybe it can turn into something?"

"I'm not sure if I'm interested in him..  but we'll see.  Anyways, I need to go to sleep.  Don't wait up for Tzuyu, alright? She'll probably be busy for the night."  Chaeyoung smirked as she got up to hang up the call.

"Night"  Dahyun hung up the call and stared up at the ceiling. 

"God, what  a weird night."

----------------------------

Hey Hey Hey it's Chi

We're just getting started!  I'm excited for where this is going!

I'm sorry it's been another two weeks, but I promise i'm not forgetting to write!

Thanks for all your comments! I love to read what all of you think.

See you next time!