Chapter 1

Future Girl

"I'll be in my room if you need me!"

Dahyun sighed as she slumped back in her computer chair.  It was another rough day at work.  Ever since she came back home and started working at her parent's resturant five months ago, it's been nothing but rough days.  It wasn't that she wasn't good at customer interaction, nor was it that she was clumsy.  But something would happen every day that was a moodkiller, and today was no different.  A customer had taken his chance at taking several passes at her while she was busy with several tables during a busy hour, and he was very rude when she had asked him to stop, as he and his friends almost started chucking plates across the room.  Dahyun shook her head, tying to get the memory out of her mind as she opened her laptop, logging onto a group chat she had with a group on friends she met online.

Ubu.Dubu has come online

HaeitsChae:  Dahyun!! Hey!

Ubu.Dubu:  Chae! What's up?

HaeitsChae:  Not much, had the day off from the internship, so i sat on my but all day enjoying being at home for once.  You?

Ubu.Dubu: The usual here at work.  The same guy from last week tried flirting with me during rush hour again, and almost tried destroying the resturant when I said no.

It was her friend Chaeyoung, who was friends with back at high school.  They went their seperate ways, but stayed in touch as much as they could along with Chaeyoung's classmate, Tzuyu.

HaeitsChae:  Sigh.

HaeitsChae:  Well at least that's over.  Did you call the police on his ?

Ubu.Dubu:  Mom said next time it happens I should.  We didn't really get ID on him and his friends, cause one of them was sensible enough to just have them pay and leave before they actually caused a mess.

Tzucci has come online

Tzucci: Heeeeey!

Ubu.Dubu: Tzuyu! Hey!

HaeitsChae: Tzuyu! What's up?

Tzucci: Finally got settled at my new dorm!  Everyone here is so nice here and I got settled in quickly~

Tzuyu had finally moved away from their hometown to a college 2 hours away.  Because she didn't want to drive to and from all the time, she settled with dorming.  Dahyun and Chaeyoung were planning on visiting over a weekend sometime, when Chaeyoung wasn't busy with her internship and Dahyun's parents gave her off time.

HaeitsChae: Hey did you guys want to do a video call? I kinda want to hear about Tzuyu's day in a video call~

Ubu.Dubu: Yeah that sounds good! I'm sure your voices will help me calm down after yet another stressful day here.

Tzucci: That sounds good! Let me get my head-set so I don't bother my room mate.

Tzucci: Hey do you mind if some one joins the call with us?  It's an upperclassman and she said she would be interested in meeting my friends~

HaeitsChae: Yeah, that should be fine!

Ubu.Dubu: Yeah, I'm happy you made friends at your college already!

Tzucci: Alright, let me add her real quick.

PenguMinari has joined the Chat

Tzucci: Okay let's go!

Before Tzuyu's friend could say anything, she started the call.  Dahyun clicked the button to answer, and she was greeted to the faces of her friends.  Chaeyoung had let her hair grow out to a similar legnth she had in high school, and it layed out over her bed as she was using her phone to answer the call, and she was holding her phone over her.  Tzuyu was sat at her desk in her dorm, and she had her computer angled so that they could only see her side of the room, there were posters of various boy bands hung up above the bed, and several dog plushies lined the wall.  She waved excitedly.

"Heeeeeey" She said in a hushed, energetic voice.  "Sorry my room mate is getting ready to sleep already but I didn't want to miss the call"

"That's fine" Chaeyoung laughed as she sat up in her bed.  "Is your friend coming?"

"Yeah, she said she just got out of the shower so she'll be on in a sec.  Dahyun you look tired"

"Don't worry about me, hopefully I just have to work the resturant for a few more weeks, I'm waiting for the job I applied for to get back to me."

"You mean the one you applied for that's out here?  The Im Company job?"

"Yeah that I-" At that moment a new window opened up and Tzuyu's friend joined the call, and Dahyun lost all the air in her lungs.  She had short hair black hair that hung around her neck, a cute nose with a mole up closer to her eyes.

She was the most beautiful woman Dahyun had ever seen.

"Dahyun?  Hello? Did her computer freeze?"  It was Tzuyu, who was looking at the screen quizzically.  

"No, no I'm sorry I lost my train of thought there."  Dahyun shook her head as Tzuyu's friend put her earphones in her ears.  "But yeah, the Im job is the one I'm the most qualified to handle so I hope they pick me."

"The Im Company? The one across the street from the University?" Tzuyu's friend asked.

"Yeah, so if you get the job, you gotta move out here, right?"  Chaeyoung looked slightly upset.  Her internship kept her in town, and Dahyun moving would leave only her.

"Yeah, the tough part would be finding somewhere to live.  But this is your friend Tzuyu?"

"Oh- oh yeah! Chaeyoung, Dahyun, this is Mina, an upperclassman I befriended as I moved in!"

"Nice to meet you two.  Tzuyu has said a few things about you two.  All very good, of course."

"She better have" pouted Chaeyoung.  Dahyun quietly steeled herself, smiling brightly at Mina.

"Nice to meet you too, Mina."

--------

Phew! uwu I haven't written anything being published in a long time.

Hopefully this is something I can keep up, but bear with me!