Chapter 2

Future Girl

"So what has Tzuyu told you about us?"  Chaeyoung asked eagerly, sitting up on her bed.  "Because if she told you anything she wasn't supposed to..."  Her eyes lit up, and the look she was making suggested a very severe punishment.

"No, no I promised not to tell that story!  I'd never tell it"  Tzuyu put her hands up in defense, and Chaeyoung laughed.  Mina giggled and the soft smile that followed caused Dahyun's heart to flutter.  "Don't tease me like that, your punishments are scary!"

"Tzuyu told me you do art in your free time?  She didn't really go into much detail about it but you're a painter?"  Mina leaned forward, resting her chin on her hand.

"Yeah, I like to paint to relieve stress and get ideas out of my head."  Chaeyoung turned her phone toward a wall in her room, and several canvases were hung there, each was a finished piece of various topics, one was a sprawling landscape of hills leading into a mountain range, another a side profile of Dahyun and Tzuyu.  "I haven't had as much time as I used to because of my internship, but I try to get out one piece a month just to keep me going."

"Oh, you're in an internship program?"

"Mhmm, I've been writing small articles for The Casa Tribune, it's-"

"The website that reviews and talks about art!  Yes I'm familiar with it, I flip through it from time to time.  Do you go under a pen name?  Maybe I've read one of your pieces before."

"It's under Chae, here's one I published recently!"  Chaeyoung sent a link, and Mina quickly took a look at it.  "Ah, yes I did read this one.  It's very good."

"Thank you," Chaeyoung said sheepishly.  "I hope I do well enough that they decide to try to keep me on full time."

"Uhh-"  Tzuyu kept looking nervously off camera and back.  "I'll be right back, there's something I gotta take care of.  Sana what-"  Tzuyu hung up, leaving Mina with Chaeyoung and Dahyun.

"And you, Dahyun, you're an accountant without a job?"  Dahyun winced at that.  It had been a solid year and a half since she graduated, but for whatever reason couldn't stick a job to save her life, which is why she agreed to work for her parents until she found something.  "Sorry, do you not want to talk about that?"

"No, I'm fine with talking about it.  It's just been a long time searching for a job and I'm hoping to nail this next interview so that I can actually have a job."

"You said you were going to interview for a job over at the Im Company right?  I thought they were a construction company?"

"They are, but they put out an ad over the internet that they need someone to balance thier books so... hopefully I'm the kind of person they're looking for."

"Well... actually-" Mina started before Chaeyoung gasped and dropped her phone, and they giggled as she quickly picked it back up.

"Sorry! Sorry Tzuyu is calling my phone for whatever reason, I'll be right back!"  Chaeyoung hung up her phone to answer the call.  Mina laughed and shook her head.

"What is that Minatozaki up to?"  Mina pushed her hair back with her free hand away from her face.

"Who?" Dahyun asked.

"Sana.  Tzuyu's roommate.  She's a childhood friend of mine.  I'm not sure why she's Tzuyu's roomate, because she's actually an upperclassman, but I have my hunches why...  She couldn't stop talking about this girl she saw at the new student orientation, and I'm sure she fixed it to be her roommate."  Dahyun made a face at that, and Mina laughed again.  "Her parents own a huge chunk of the Board of Directors for the school, as well as being major share-holders, so Sana has a lot of say in many matters involving the school.  You'll meet her eventually, she's actually a very sweet girl, if not overly flirty.  She tries not to use her status over other people often."  Dahyun sighed in relief.

"That's good.  I was scared that Tzuyu got herself involved with some kind of bully already.  She can be blunt and mean sometimes, but she also would rather keep people happy than start fights.  Normally that's when Chaeyoung and I get involved and fix whatever toxic situation she finds herself in."  Mina looked softly at her screen.

"Yeah, Tzuyu told me as much about you.  You guys are such sweet friends."  her gaze made Dahyun nervous, and she resisted the urge to fix her hair and her clothes, and her hands twitched.  "Anyways, where was I?"

"We were talking about my applying for the Im Company job."

"Oh yes well, the CEOs are actually another old friend of mine, I could put in a good word for you if you want."

"You could? I mean that's great, anything helps.  But you know the CEO?"  Mina nodded slowly.

"I know both of them.  There's Jaebum, and Nayeon.  They're not brother and sister, nor are they married but they carry the same last name.  Nayeon's father passed the company to the both of them, and they've been in charge ever since."

"You know them well?"

"I went to school with Nayeon, and Jaebum's family is close with mine.  So yes."  Mina closed her eyes, smiling.  "I would like to ask for one thing in return, if I could be so selfish."

"I- If it's money, or something else I can pay you back eventually-"  Dahyun blurted out, flustered.

"No, nothing in the realm of money."  Mina sat up straight looking straight into the camera, causing Dahyun to sit up in her seat as well.

"All I would like in return, Kim Dahyun, would be to go on a date with you."

The following silence would be cut with a very dull knife, as Dahyun sat in front of her computer, her jaw dropped as low as it possibly could go.

-----------

Hello! Chi here.  It's been a few weeks but here it is, chapter 2! 

I hope y'all enjoy!  Hopefully it won't be another 2 weeks before the next update-